Superman Returns New details on S2's fit in SR...

Excel said:
dude lois and clark were a couplke for several years before he left. he obviously did her at least once, hes superman.

Yeah, but if that's the case, they why doesn't she know he's CK?

Superman 2 aged a lot better than Superman 1. Singer is a nut job.

In all honesty, I think THIS is intentional misinformation. The script review leaked the movie's big 'twist' (the kid is Superman's)...so now Singer is trying to do damage control.

Afterall, by logic, how would Clark conceive a child with Lois, without S2's history?

But many other elements do not fit without S2 (what inspired Clark to look for Krypton if not Zod, how did Luthor know of the Fortress of Solitude, etc)..

This seems like script review damage control to me.

Matt said:
Superman 2 aged a lot better than Superman 1. Singer is a nut job.

I would agree if not for every single thing that happens after Superman Returns and ask the General to step outside. Everything after that is really hard to look at.

DarthSkywalker said:
I would agree if not for every single thing that happens after Superman Returns and ask the General to step outside. Everything after that is really hard to look at.

Really? I love all the fights between the Kryptonians and Supes.

Ok, not all of it. What was the deal with the part where Superman threw that plastic wrap cape at them?

Matt said:
In all honesty, I think THIS is intentional misinformation. The script review leaked the movie's big 'twist' (the kid is Superman's)...so now Singer is trying to do damage control.

Afterall, by logic, how would Clark conceive a child with Lois, without S2's history?

But many other elements do not fit without S2 (what inspired Clark to look for Krypton if not Zod, how did Luthor know of the Fortress of Solitude, etc)..

Most have guessed the kid was probably his early on...long before the script review, I highly doubt its damage control at this point.

The rest well it seems you just want to assume answers before the movie is out, that's great for you Matt. Most people are going to wait and see how it plays out before jumping to conclusions.

green said:
Most have guessed the kid was probably his early on...long before the script review, I highly doubt its damage control at this point.

The rest well it seems you just want to assume answers before the movie is out, that's great for you Matt. Most people are going to wait and see how it plays out before jumping to conclusions.

:rolleyes:

The first official confirmation of the kid, aside from fanboy speculation was the budget draft review.

As for assuming answers, I assume nothing...it seems the easiest, most practical route however would be to acknowledge Superman 2.

It seems like damage control.

DocLathropBrown said:
http://thecinemaforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1998

That comes from the latest SFX article.

So at the very beginning, he counted it... now he doesn't?

That settles it, if so. The kid can't be Clark's, as Lois and he never had sex.

you're an idiot! all that means is that maybe the 3 k-villains never came to earth. and that the events of superman II never happened. the superman in superman returns had been around for awhile then left. in that time he was in metropolis. he could've had a relationship with lois and the kid could be conceived a little bit before he left. its his kid. why have a kid there that isn't his???? i think everyone is just worried that in superman returns 2 that superman will die or something and pass the mantle on to the kid, but that won't happen. there's only one superman. just like there's only one batman.

Matt said:
:rolleyes:

The first official confirmation of the kid, aside from fanboy speculation was the budget draft review.

As for assuming answers, I assume nothing...it seems the easiest, most practical route however would be to acknowledge Superman 2.

It seems like damage control.

You know what Matt it doesnt matter.
You have made up your mind, there is no discussing or debating with you at all on the subject.
Have a good time at the movies.:)

Matt said:
Superman 2 aged a lot better than Superman 1.
LOL. Superman 2 is a completely imbalanced film. I can understand you might like it more because of the villains but it does not hold up better than StM. The hick sheriff. The cellophane S. The stupid gags with the general public during the fight with the Kryptonians.

There is a reason why StM is the one referenced by directors like Raimi and Nolan. It is the reason why other movies have been compared to it. It is a reason why its formula is the one that is followed by movies like Spider-man and Batman Begins. You may not agree with that and its fine. But the proof is in the pudding.

Matt said:
I disagree

Ahhh..the kid won't be Superman's?

These answer you will find out when you see SR...you know you will be seeing it :)

Nah..you just want it to be that.

skruloos said:
LOL. Superman 2 is a completely imbalanced film. I can understand you might like it more because of the villains but it does not hold up better than StM. The hick sheriff. The cellophane S. The stupid gags with the general public during the fight with the Kryptonians.

There is a reason why StM is the one referenced by directors like Raimi and Nolan. It is the reason why other movies have been compared to it. It is a reason why its formula is the one that is followed by movies like Spider-man and Batman Begins. You may not agree with that and its fine. But the proof is in the pudding.

However, it is far less campy, in no small part due to Zod. The camp is the reason the original Superman aged horribly and is practically unwatchable by today's standards. I don't deny the formula is good, but I can still watch and enjoy Superman II, I can't say the same for I.

Venom71 said:
I disagree

Ahhh..the kid won't be Superman's?

These answer you will find out when you see SR...you know you will be seeing it :)

Nah..you just want it to be that.

Venom, try thinking before you talk. Why would I want the kid to be Superman's? One thing I have consistantly complained about is the kid. Use that noggin of yours.

Facts point otherwise. We have a budget draft where the kid is Superman's. Do you have any better information to go off of?

Matt said:
Venom, try thinking before you talk. Why would I want the kid to be Superman's? One thing I have consistantly complained about is the kid. Use that noggin of yours.

Facts point otherwise. We have a budget draft where the kid is Superman's. Do you have any better information to go off of?
Yeah where Singer said in the SFX mag that he is only using Superman 1 as his vague history.

Intresting. I thought that SR would line up after the 'Donner cut' of S2 comes out.

I doubt this interview was even conducted after the "script review".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"