The Dark Knight New Gotham Tonight clip on demand now

There are some people on the East Coast who DO actually talk like this, believe it or not.

Many people actually (specifically southern Italian-Americans from the Bronx or Queens), but Roberts is way too over the top. A man his age wouldn't talk this way on a national TV show. And he didn't need to say 'You know what I'm sayin?' over and over. I know people who talk this way. That's why it sounds so fake. Did anyone have problems with the restaurant owner guy in the other GT episode? No. That's how Roberts should have delivered his lines.

Every time Roberts speaks it looks like AMH is about to crack up, you know what I'm sayin'? ***slaps knee*** Looks like this may be Nolan's one casting mistake 'cause this guy ain't got no actin' chops. Capiche? This guys went to the James Gandolfini School of Actin' . . . and failed, you know what I mean? ***slaps knee***

I'm sure I've read at least a couple of reviews (well-written ones too) that said Roberts was one of the movie's pleasant surprises. We'll see.

I'm sure I've read at least a couple of reviews (well-written ones too) that said Roberts was one of the movie's pleasant surprises. We'll see.
so did I......hope this is true because here Eric is clearly not believable as an italian american type of guy !:o:cwink::cwink:

Every time Roberts speaks it looks like AMH is about to crack up, you know what I'm sayin'? ***slaps knee*** Looks like this may be Nolan's one casting mistake 'cause this guy ain't got no actin' chops. Capiche? This guys went to the James Gandolfini School of Actin' . . . and failed, you know what I mean? ***slaps knee***

Yeah. LOL Audiences who don't actually know people who really talk this way won't mind as much, but for those of us who do... it's hysterical.

"Old Jimbo Gordon?" Wow. He's trying so hard... lmao

Loeb is awful too. He has no personality and always comes off like he hates everyone and everything.

Shame really. They don't belong in such a well scripted film.

Surely Loeb is meant to be a miserable bast**d?

Many people actually (specifically southern Italian-Americans from the Bronx or Queens), but Roberts is way too over the top. A man his age wouldn't talk this way on a national TV show. And he didn't need to say 'You know what I'm sayin?' over and over. I know people who talk this way. That's why it sounds so fake. Did anyone have problems with the restaurant owner guy in the other GT episode? No. That's how Roberts should have delivered his lines.

People talked that way on The Sopranos all the time and people didn´t b*** it was fake.

And of course this isn´t meant to be exactly like a real national TV debate, none of these GT eps are.

IT´S A MOVIE!

Yeah. LOL Audiences who don't actually know people who really talk this way won't mind as much, but for those of us who do... it's hysterical.

"Old Jimbo Gordon?" Wow. He's trying so hard... lmao

Loeb is awful too. He has no personality and always comes off like he hates everyone and everything.

Shame really. They don't belong in such a well scripted film.

Because Loeb IS that way. He´s meant to be a bureaucrat, spineless police comissioner.

so did I......hope this is true because here Eric is clearly not believable as an italian american type of guy !:o:cwink::cwink:

Even when he says "Mike" it sounds weird. I'm really surprised. Tom Wilkinson did a much better job and he's an Englishman for crying out loud!

After the interview, Maroni gets jumped by members of the Soprano family while entering his car. Here's what ensues:

Tony: "Hey Maroni. What's a dammata witt u?? ::slaps him in the head::
You go on LIVE TV talkin' like an idiot, makin us look bad in front of millions of people!?! After all I'd done for you.. you go on national television and disrespect us like that. ::slaps him again harder this time::

Maroni: No Boss. Noo.. I meant no disrespect!!

Tony: I tell you what. Here. Have a cannoli. ::Shoves a cannoli down Maroni's throat:: Next time you pull sometin' this stupid, I'm gonna track you down and bury you in cement. You understannn me?

Maroni:: ::Mumbles something::

Tony: Good.

People talked that way on The Sopranos all the time and people didn´t b*** it was fake.

And of course this isn´t meant to be exactly like a real national TV debate, none of these GT eps are.

IT´S A MOVIE!

That's because it didn't sound fake! Just about every actor on that show is an Italian American with an authentic accent. Many of those guys grew up in the Bronx and ACTUALLY talk that way in real life.

Roberts is trying TOO HARD to sound like that and failing.

Surely Loeb is meant to be a miserable bast**d?

I guess, but even total jerks have at least some ounce of humanity to them. Noone is that unhappy all the time.

"You know what I'm sayin??"

Wel you can certainly tell that Nolan had nothing to do with the writing of these segments...it's awful. I loved the concept, but I felt Maroni was too cartoon-mob-boss-like. Though I loved the "dead air" and "bore these people to DEATH" comments...all in all this was pretty funny, but for folks seeing this as one of the first things to do with TDK, it makes the movie lose its edge a bit marekting wise. So far their spotlights have been the best. The stuff about Wayne and Gordon.

After watchin' the clip a few more times, I've come to this idea of why Roberts is acting the way he is. Let's put this into thought; Maroni is a mobster, gang leader, crime boss. He's a bad dude who does bad things. Everyone 'knows' it, Loeb knows it and Engel knows it. He's asked to be on the news and what do you think he's suppose to act like? A bad ass? No, he's going to down play himself and act some what dumb to the questions and remarks being made to him. He's going to act as if he's just some average person who can't understand what money laundering is. So yeah, he's gonna seem like a dim-wit wiseass to make people think differently of him.

So perhaps he puts on an "act" when in public. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

That's because it didn't sound fake! Just about every actor on that show is an Italian American with an authentic accent. Many of those guys grew up in the Bronx and ACTUALLY talk that way in real life.

Roberts is trying TOO HARD to sound like that and failing.

If you´re not from that area it will always sound at least a little like an impression, the same happened to Tom Wilkinson. No big deal.

I´m not from that area and to me The Sopranos guys sound slightly caricatural (they do say badabing-badabum and such, which seems pretty silly). If you´re not too close to it, it´s not a probllem.

After watchin' the clip a few more times, I've come to this idea of why Roberts is acting the way he is. Let's put this into thought; Maroni is a mobster, gang leader, crime boss. He's a bad dude who does bad things. Everyone 'knows' it, Loeb knows it and Engel knows it. He's asked to be on the news and what do you think he's suppose to act like? A bad ass? No, he's going to down play himself and act some what dumb to the questions and remarks being made to him. He's going to act as if he's just some average person who can't understand what money laundering is. So yeah, he's gonna seem like a dim-wit wiseass to make people think differently of him.

So perhaps he puts on an "act" when in public. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

And maybe mocking the situation a bit, cuz he doesn´t think Loeb´s really got nothing on him.

Hahaha, Maroni is the ****.

Have any of you considered the possibility that Roberts is specifically hamming it up solely for this segment?

Roberts is a bit over the top in this clip of Gotham Tonight but I don't have a problem with it. I would be shocked if Nolan lets Roberts act like this in the movie. I think Roberts will act conceited and like a know-it-all, but we'll found out in 12 days.

Roberts is a bit over the top in this clip of Gotham Tonight but I don't have a problem with it. I would be shocked if Nolan lets Roberts act like this in the movie. I think Roberts will act conceited and like a know-it-all, but we'll found out in 12 days.

Yeah, Nolan isn't involved in the GT episodes really I'm thinking. With that stated, I loved the first 2 or 3 episodes. The guy who portrays Dent's campaign manager is a solid actor, in my opinion.

ROFLMAO!! Eric Roberts was awesome in that video .. he's exactly what I expected him to be ....

Yes, and I just stated so.

My bad, didn't read through all the posts.

12 days. I'm gonna explode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"