The Dark Knight New Gotham Tonight clip on demand now

People talked that way on The Sopranos all the time and people didn´t b*** it was fake.

And of course this isn´t meant to be exactly like a real national TV debate, none of these GT eps are.

IT´S A MOVIE!

I complained about Roberts at first and was going to write that we were expecting ________________ but he gave us Analyze This.

Well, the blank was going to be Sopranos and it came to mind that if he acted like several of the regulars on that show he'd be accused of being a cliche Italian gangster. Then I thought of putting Goodfellas in the blank, and came to the same conclusion. Then I thought of the wedding I was at on Saturday and the bride's Italian family in town from the east coast...um, Roberts' characterization is pretty accurate, that's how gangster act we just don't see them often on cable news.

I will agree that he does seem to be trying just a little too hard. Overall though, I enjoyed it. He was still fun to watch trying to be a smooth, slimeball gangster.

From all the reviews I've read no one has complained or *****ed about his performance or the actor who plays Loeb. If he were really that bad in the actual film I'm sure we would have heard some negativity already.

I think it's because his cliche movie gangster act is out of place when they've been trying to sell Gotham Tonight as a real news show that you'd see on CNN or FOX.

or

maybe it's because his sister has a giant gaping mouth?

I don't think its out of place at all. There are Italian mobsters that sound and act like Sal Moroni. Haven't you anyone ever heard of John Gotti?

I don't think its out of place at all. There are Italian mobsters that sound and act like Sal Moroni. Haven't you anyone ever heard of John Gotti?

See the top post on this page.

Gotti was the first person I thought of. He was the king of talking **** to the press.

I hated the ridiculously insincere condolences to the families of the people that were killed though. Even Gotti wouldnt be stupid enough to do that.

Overall I didnt like it, but as long as he isnt this over the top in the film I dont care.

Gotti's kids are more over the top

I complained about Roberts at first and was going to write that we were expecting ________________ but he gave us Analyze This.

Well, the blank was going to be Sopranos and it came to mind that if he acted like several of the regulars on that show he'd be accused of being a cliche Italian gangster. Then I thought of putting Goodfellas in the blank, and came to the same conclusion. Then I thought of the wedding I was at on Saturday and the bride's Italian family in town from the east coast...um, Roberts' characterization is pretty accurate, that's how gangster act we just don't see them often on cable news.

What he said.

So, have these things been coming out each friday? And if so, anyone know if one will come out the 18th?

^
The last one said there will be an interview with Dent which should be this coming Friday. I'm not sure about the 18th though.

I don't have a problem with all of it. I just don't think he pulled off the accent very well and some of the lines were over the top. If he said, "you know what I'm sayin' once, that's fine, but 3,4 times?? Come on!
It's not a big deal at all, but I think a (Southern) Italian American actor would have been more believable for obvious reasons. Noone had a problem with the restauraunt owner in the GT episode featuring Bruce Wayne right? His accent was pretty authentic. I guess I was a little diappointed because I thought Roberts could pull it off a little better, but he isn't his sister.

No biggie.

Modern day mafia bosses are thugs, goons - simple people. The day of the Corleone-family style kingpins are gone.

The bosses of today are just thuggish henchmen who got there before the other thuggish henchmen.

Maroni is just that - a thug in expensive clothing...but a simple thug nonetheless.

I don't have a problem with all of it. I just don't think he pulled off the accent very well and some of the lines were over the top. If he said, "you know what I'm sayin' once, that's fine, but 3,4 times?? Come on!
It's not a big deal at all, but I think a (Southern) Italian American actor would have been more believable for obvious reasons. Noone had a problem with the restauraunt owner in the GT episode featuring Bruce Wayne right? His accent was pretty authentic. I guess I was a little diappointed because I thought Roberts could pull it off a little better, but he isn't his sister.

No biggie.

The restaurant owner was a pretty small part, just a couple lines.
The thing also is, like I said, I think Maroni is kind of making an ass of himself on purpose, he´s mocking the whole debate thing to spite Loeb, Gordon, Dent, etc. cuz he thinks they´re full of s*** and can´t touch him. Look how much he smiles and doesn´t seem the least worried, he´s getting a kick out of the whole thing.

While it's annoying to hear someone say "you know what I'm sayn'" so many times, that doesn't make it less "realistic" because in real life people repeat little phrases like that ad naseum.

I've heard "You know" "like" and "you know what I'm sayn'" stated nearly in or after every single sentence by some people. They don't even hear themselves doing it.

Is it just me or is Maroni not wearing any socks? Maybe after seeing Joker + his wonderful socks, he stopped wearing them out of shame.

Hope all these GT episodes are on the DVD.

i thought Roberts' performance was spot-on awesome..he definitely pulls off the "charmer" in Maroni's character. if i do have one complaint its the cowlick

and yes, i do hope that the TDK "Why So Serious? Edition" comes complete with the GT episodes, among other viral related stuff

I thought it was decent, a bit over the top like some have suggested, but I dont think it'll be bad for the film by any means. It is a viral and not the film, so when Nolan is at the reigns I doubt he'd allow too much slippage.

I didn't think Maroni was THAT bad. He was kinda corny and his acting was kinda stereotypical and his accent was fake but for a 7 minute freebie segment I get the idea that they're going for.

So Two Face kills Maroni huh?

I don't have a problem with his accent. I have a problem with his actions. Some of the manner he conducted himself was ridiculously cheesy and heavy handed. The sort of "Wink, I'm a mobster, wink" dialogue that I'd like to see THE DARK KNIGHT avoid.

So is Loeb going to be portrayed as corrupt or not?

Honestly it was just the way the comcast videos are made.

Did you guys see the one where they ask Bruce Wayne about Harve Dent and Bale says something about traffic tickets. His acting looks just like Roberts, cheesy and fake. (but I liked it and thought it was funny). These videos are meant to entertain us until the good thing comes out, the movie!

Its the way they filmed it people, trust me, he's gonna be cool on screen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"