New hobbies you'd like to get into

I'm thinking about getting into some model making. There are several decently quality affordable Star Trek sets.

kickboxing has crossed the mind recently

Mine would be Math,, I can read books really fast... I work as a janitor for a local college and they are always putting up these unsolvable math problems outside the classroom. I have been solving these Math problems while working my job..... the Professor still has not figured out who is solving them. He suspects one of his students,, but he is wrong.

^^
"[FONT=&quot][/FONT]I work as a janitor for a local college"
"I have been solving these Math problems while working my job"

That is Will Hunting story.
It was meant to be funny.

This must happen!

Heh, it is. I'm currently researching the best types of replica skulls to use. Here's a picture of a buddy and I as Roose Bolton and a Nights Watch ranger:

527490_4741598657423_1520739529_n.jpg

I am trying to learn how to knit. Started my journey on Sunday by having my friend show and have me practice the basic knit process. Bought a big ball of yarn the next day with the appropriate needles and I've got as far as one row of knit stitches. I really would like to have this skill and make my own little projects.

If I had more time, I'd like to take up shooting and maybe hunting as well.

I'd like to bake my own bread. Wouldn't it be cool to have a ham and cheese on rye from a rye loaf that you made yourself?

I'd like to bake my own bread. Wouldn't it be cool to have a ham and cheese on rye from a rye loaf that you made yourself?

A breadmaker is good for that. They suck for the baking part, but I use mine for the mixing and kneading process, and do the actual baking in my oven so I can get normal-looking loaves.

.....Dating......it's difficult when you lack the funds or can't find a woman nerd. lol

A breadmaker is good for that. They suck for the baking part, but I use mine for the mixing and kneading process, and do the actual baking in my oven so I can get normal-looking loaves.

Wait a minute, they now have a machine that makes bread? What an amazing world we live in!

Last edited:
still haven't learned to crochet. but i still would like to and learn how to use this uber nice expensive (but i got for free) sewing machine that i've had over a year.

would also like to get into fitness more, working out, all that jazz

as for the nerdy collector side, if i had money for days, i'd totally start collecting those Pop! Vinyl figures. They're adorable. and most Mondo posters haha

I've actually been thinking about wanting to try podcasting, that is if I had the money and know-how to do so.

I want to get into creating my own prosthetic make-up appliances...

Long before this thread was revived, I mentioned wanting to really get into cosplay. Back in November, I started working on a Kingsguard suit of armor from Game of Thrones. It was finally finished last week, and I debuted it at a convention in North Carolina. Here's a shot of my costume. I'll edit this comment and post a pic from the NYT when I get one from them.

IMG_2205_zpsd175d59d.jpg

Within a few minutes of getting into the con, a New York Times reporter approached me, stating that they were going to do a photo session with George RR Martin later that day. Apparently, he saw me waiting in line and requested that I be there. It was amazing - he was a very awesome guy and after the photo session, he signed one of my books and gave me a replica of the coin given to Arya by the Faceless Man.

There were countless other moments that day that I will never forget; I made new friends, had a LOT of laughs...it was one of the best days I've had in a VERY long time. The experience NEVER would have happened had I not decided to finally get off my butt and do something I've wanted to do for a long time. Without going all cliche on people, this experience taught me that if there's something you want to do, DO IT. There's no telling what you'll miss out on if you keep finding excuses not to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"