Superman Returns New interview with Singer and Routh... 'Casting Superman'

Oldguy said:
OMG, it's my stalker who fantasizes about being my nemesis. The lifer to end all lifers, it's Fatboy Roberts!!!

Hey man how's it going?

uh-huh

uh-huh

uh-huh

really?

kool

uh-huh

uh-huh

yes, I'm listening, uh-huh

uh-huh

uh-huh

So let me get this straight, your wife has to help you write essays before you come on SHH to reply to a meaningless topic in which you waste your time and more noteably everyone elses time around you making arguments which, when upon looking forth backwards upon the time written have no good nature and productivity to the topic itself. Bravo, make sure you proof read before your next posting. Have some of this Bojangles if you like as well :) Food = Brain power.

what lifer? You've been here longer than me, remember? Don't get mad, man, it's all gravy, I was appreciating the appropriation of the styles I used to crap all over your head when I first got here. I think I still got the string of PM's that you initiated, actually, it was fun stuff. If I remember correctly, you kept PM'ing me to tell me you never read anything I wrote and were ignoring me. Which is sort of oxymoronic. Plus a little unbelievable because you kept working my better lines into your sig files. Hard to say you're not reading what I'm writing when you're signing everything you type with my words, right? :)

I thought it was all good, dude. I'm giving you a bravo or two, you did a pretty good job of utterly clusterf**king the thread right here. AND it looks like you had fun doing it. It's all smiles, man. Be proud of yourself and your ability to poke a stick at a superman messageboard and make it buzz loudly. :)

You know whats funny, I bet Oldguy is the exact opposite in real life.

Nah, that's Buggs. Buggs is the one putting on an act. Oldguy is more like an angry amplification of his actual personality. Although the anonymity of the internet always inflames such things.

Showtime029 said:
You know whats funny, I bet Oldguy is the exact opposite in real life. He plays some bizzaro role on the boards.

Right, because anyone who thinks Routh looks like a boy, and is dissapointed to see a Donner hommage must be a completely fabricated personality.

It's not the opinion he's talking about. It's the vitriolic overreaction and projecting you do in every ham-handed attempt at a putdown when someone disagrees with you in a manner you can't corner them on.

At least I'm guessing that's what it is. But again, I thank you for working on the acidity of that vitriol. You're wielding it a lot better than you used to.

Oldguy said:
Right, because anyone who thinks Routh looks like a boy, and is dissapointed to see a Donner hommage must be a completely fabricated personality.

Now, that is just putting words in my mouth. I agreed with about the Donner homage. I know you're old and can't remember, but I did.

Metropolis_Man said:
So let me get this straight, your wife has to help you write essays before you come on SHH to reply to a meaningless topic in which you waste your time and more noteably everyone elses time around you making arguments which, when upon looking forth backwards upon the time written have no good nature and productivity to the topic itself. Bravo, make sure you proof read before your next posting. Have some of this Bojangles if you like as well :) Food = Brain power.

Ahh yes, innapropriate behavior, what was I thinking?

But the real question is, what are you thinking? It takes two to tango, and here we are. So what's your excuse for your contribution to this derailment?

Oldguy said:

I would say so, but what do I know eh?:)

Fatboy Roberts said:
what lifer? You've been here longer than me, remember? Don't get mad, man, it's all gravy, I was appreciating the appropriation of the styles I used to crap all over your head when I first got here. I think I still got the string of PM's that you initiated, actually, it was fun stuff. If I remember correctly, you kept PM'ing me to tell me you never read anything I wrote and were ignoring me. Which is sort of oxymoronic. Plus a little unbelievable because you kept working my better lines into your sig files. Hard to say you're not reading what I'm writing when you're signing everything you type with my words, right? :)

I thought it was all good, dude. I'm giving you a bravo or two, you did a pretty good job of utterly clusterf**king the thread right here. AND it looks like you had fun doing it. It's all smiles, man. Be proud of yourself and your ability to poke a stick at a superman messageboard and make it buzz loudly. :)

Nah, that's Buggs. Buggs is the one putting on an act. Oldguy is more like an angry amplification of his actual personality. Although the anonymity of the internet always inflames such things.

Buggs is the guy who called your show right?

See, now here's the move you are faced with, Metropolis Man: He's set a nice little trap there. You can engage him on this, and try to directly answer his question, thus admitting guilt and putting yourself on a level comparable to his, thus debasing yourself and deflating your opinion. You can pretend to ignore him, as he does me, and hope he goes away. Or you can actually hold to your initial assertion and continue hammering at that point, as even he is inable to defend his action. Note that his response was to say "BUT YOU DID IT TOO, HA HAHAHA I TRAPPED YOU" and not "I didn't do that."

He's not denying he's an asshead about this, he's reveling in it. You can try to wrestle with him on it, you can ignore, or you can maintain your stance.

Buggs is the guy who called your show right?

yuuup.

Oldguy said:
Ahh yes, innapropriate behavior, what was I thinking?

But the real question is, what are you thinking? It takes two to tango, and here we are. So what's your excuse for your contribution to this derailment?

Hmm, no reason really, I think you're hypocritical. And you got on Showtimes case for no reason, and hes a good friend, just thought I would say he was wrongfully accused with leslie nelson. Other than that, I really don't have a lot to do, and my debating skills are horrible compared to yours and Showtimes, so I thought I would work on that some as well :)

Fatboy Roberts said:
See, now here's the move you are faced with, Metropolis Man: He's set a nice little trap there. You can engage him on this, and try to directly answer his question, thus admitting guilt and putting yourself on a level comparable to his, thus debasing yourself and deflating your opinion. You can pretend to ignore him, as he does me, and hope he goes away. Or you can actually hold to your initial assertion and continue hammering at that point, as even he is inable to defend his action. Note that his response was to say "BUT YOU DID IT TOO, HA HAHAHA I TRAPPED YOU" and not "I didn't do that."

He's not denying he's an asshead about this, he's reveling in it. You can try to wrestle with him on it, you can ignore, or you can maintain your stance.

Man, he's like a handbook for dealing with OLDGUY? I didn't even know there was one? :eek: I need lessons FBoy, what can you do for me.

oooh. poorly played, Met Man. You sorta ruined whatever pleasure he could take in the "victory" over you by committing messageboard hara-kiri (I'm stupid and I suck, haha) but he's still gonna go for the stab. Sorta like a starving vampire: They don't LIKE eating rats and pigs, but they'll take em. Zombies will still eat a suicide if it's fresh enough. You essentially agreed with his characterization of you, regardless of whether it's true or not. That's a key part to his style--he creates a personality for you out of thin air (usually his own projections) and tries to trick you into accepting it. Like, for example, at the top of this page, where HE calls ME his "stalker," even though he PM's me, he quotes my lines in his sig and he is so threatened by my appearance in the thread he immediately and ham-handedly goes back into the old schtick he ran on me poorly the FIRST time we tangled. Whats' funny is that I was actually giving him props, he just reacted poorly to it and here you go.

It's a clinic here, people. Take notes.

Fatboy Roberts said:

yuuup.

Haha, I was ignoring him earlier for the most part, trying to bring up stuff to change the subject, but I figured I'd try to have some fun. My debating skills are horrible, haha, I know. I'm not too much of a serious guy so I figured I'd try my sense of humor here, its all I've got. It looked like a pretty heated debate so I wanted to jump in and see what I could throw on the fire. I can't keep up though, haha, OldGuy can easily rip me to shreds.

Whats the proper move then, this could be interesting, if I could only harness your powers and use it for good.

Fatboy Roberts said:
It's not the opinion he's talking about. It's the vitriolic overreaction and projecting you do in every ham-handed attempt at a putdown when someone disagrees with you in a manner you can't corner them on.

At least I'm guessing that's what it is. But again, I thank you for working on the acidity of that vitriol. You're wielding it a lot better than you used to.

Oh won't somebody please, think about the children!!!

Cmon Fatboy, I don't put down people that disagree with me, I put down people with meritless opinions who persecute or dismiss views simply because they contradict their own.

well, I can say that self-deprecation isn't going to work with this dude, so constantly cutting yourself off at the knees isn't going to help. Dude's happy with carrion, he doesn't need a fresh kill. It's all meat to him.

If you've got your opinion, you think it's solid and you can articulate your backup coherently, I'd just stick to that and point out the subtle jabs and personal undermining he tries to sneak in whenever you can. Keep the playing field even. He does have an interesting perspective, but he likes flipping you over on your back and digging for fresh meat if he can. The opinion is a means to doing that, is all. It's almost secondary. The discussion exists to establish online e-dominance over others, with him. It's why fights constantly erupt around him.

If you can appeal to his sense of elitism, you've got him. Then you two can talk, and the ideas exchanged end up being pretty interesting, differing opinion or no. :)

I do enjoy the back and forth with the guy (we were on good terms when he bailed, if I remember right)

^It's amazing, I thought I was immune to Oldguys attacks because I actually agreed with alot of his theories. I guess nobody is safe.

Showtime029 said:
Now, that is just putting words in my mouth. I agreed with about the Donner homage. I know you're old and can't remember, but I did.

Sheesh, you go for the age insult? ****ing weak, man.

I put words in your mouth? So why do you think I'm some sort of role player then? the fact that I disagree with popular opinion?

Oldguy said:
Sheesh, you go for the age insult? ****ing weak, man.

I put words in your mouth? So why do you think I'm some sort of role player then? the fact that I disagree with popular opinion?

Man Oldguy, you are on a boards bender tonight. I was just screwing around. As I have already told you numerous times, and you know this to be fact, I gave you your due for having your own opinion.

Age insulting? I was refering to your USER ID...OLD...GUY...?

Where is the ****ing love?

he's got the red ass right now, it's like putting your hand in front of the dog dish while it's eating. Even if you just want to pet him, he's gonna snap right now. I gave him props earlier for being better at stirring people up than he used to be, and he called me a stalker/lifer.

Although he's been here 6 months longer and has over a thousand more posts :)

Fatboy Roberts said:
he's got the red ass right now, it's like putting your hand in front of the dog dish while it's eating. Even if you just want to pet him, he's gonna snap right now.

That is actually a pretty good analogy.

Fatboy Roberts said:
he's got the red ass right now, it's like putting your hand in front of the dog dish while it's eating. Even if you just want to pet him, he's gonna snap right now. I gave him props earlier for being better at stirring people up than he used to be, and he called me a stalker/lifer.

Although he's been here 6 months longer and has over a thousand more posts :)

I have a target on my back. It's not a big bright red target, more of a darker red. It's a different shade than the classic target, but a traditional target nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"