The Dark Knight "Where is Harvey Dent?"

"the joker's just a mad dog...i want whoever let him off the leash"

have you noticed that the Joker is like a dog.

There's three scenes/references of him being a dog:

- Joker's comment how's he's like a "dog chasing cars".

- Joker sticking his head out of the cop car and feeling the wind..like a dog.

- And finally, Harvey "Mad dog" line..

I was disappointed that Nolan didn't make Twoface rob a bank and refer to himself as the two halves as "We". There are two sides to him: Good Harv. Bad Harv. Where was that? Nolan screwed up. And where was the riddler? Isn't he two-face's right hand man? I wanted to see Two face and riddler terrrorizing gotham along with the joker and scarecrow.

are you HarryGucha, the unofficial mascot of the Dark Knight boards?

This has probably been stated before but "Where is Harvey Dent?" is said throughout the movie by every character. The Joker says it at the party, Bruce says it at the party, and Gordon says it at the hospital. I just feel that it's a occurring theme that Dent is missing all the time.

Thats actually a Batman/Joker parallel that shows a few times during the movie and its longer than that line:

-BW makes a loud appearance that stops the party with everyone witnessing his appearance, has his monologue, asks for harvey dent and has a bit with rachel. Later on the joker has a loud appearance that stops the party and all eyes are on him, asks where harve dent is and has his moment with rachel.
-Notice how bruce wayne tosses the champagne out the balcony. Now notice how the joker does the same at the party. Cant be a coincidence.
-The joker is surrounded by his group (the criminals) in the restaurant with both arms up and back kicks the door with his leg and leaves. In the building batman is cornered by his corresponding group (the law) the swat team and the helicopter. He retires from the scene with both arms up and back kicks the swat member with his leg and leaves the scene.

Theres more but I cant remember.

I'm suprised nobody's mentioned anything about dogs being said a lot in the movie.

"My Dogs are HUUUUNGRY!!!!"

"It was a dog. A big dog."

"I'm like a dog chasing cars."

"and then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is!"

"You'll hunt me, condemn me, set the dogs on me."

Kinda like in Begins.

"Tell us, mister Wayne.. What do you fear?"

"To turn fear, against those who prey on the fearful."

"all creatures feel fear."

"That's the power of fear."

"We have purged your fear."

"Then watch Gotham TEAR itself apart through fear."

Nolan's an excellent director, but uses a lot of repetition in his films. :whatever:
At least they didn't outright explain the thing about dogs. Joker does not say, "dog eat dog world" even though he just about does anyway - "When the chips are down, these civilized people? They'll eat each other."

Even I was a bit tired of the mentions about fear in BB. :funny:

I was disappointed that Nolan didn't make Twoface rob a bank and refer to himself as the two halves as "We". There are two sides to him: Good Harv. Bad Harv. Where was that? Nolan screwed up. And where was the riddler? Isn't he two-face's right hand man? I wanted to see Two face and riddler terrrorizing gotham along with the joker and scarecrow.

Joel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"