The Dark Knight New Joker Details

I agree, super hero sequals often are better then the originals but this one looks like it could blow begins away. So yah, it's a contender for the newly developed "spider-man curse". Sure 3 wasnt terrible, but after 2 everyone expected way more.

The difference is, I think with "The Dark Knight", they'll already be setting the seeds for an even better part 3. Harvey Dent turning into Two-Face, the culmination of the "escalation theory" of Gotham's gangsters falling to the "freaks", etc...

If anyone can beat the "Part 3 Curse", Nolan can.

We all said the same thing about Raimi. :(

Yeah, but this trilogy was mapped out in advance. I don't think the Raimi bros had 2 and 3 mapped out when doing the first.

True, but it's not a guarantee it'll be good. If anything, 2 very well received films (SM1 & SM2) was enough for us to know the third HAD to be good. But alas... :(

True, but it's not a guarantee it'll be good. If anything, 2 very well received films (SM1 & SM2) was enough for us to know the third HAD to be good. But alas... :(

I dunno. I had a sinking feeling about Spider-Man 3 right from the get-go...

Though, strangely enough, I didn't think the movie itself was that bad. Forgettable, but still quite entertaining.

You gotta point there Drexx, but I still think the third Bat movie will fair better.

I agree, super hero sequals often are better then the originals but this one looks like it could blow begins away. So yah, it's a contender for the newly developed "spider-man curse". Sure 3 wasnt terrible, but after 2 everyone expected way more.
Its not that I doubt in Nolan's ability, I'm just entirely perplexed to how after he creates a move as epic as TDK, how a two-face centered story, one in which the main villain is clearly going to just be a mirror for Batman, as someone who takes the law into his hands and goes to far, can top TDK. Then again, if the Selina Kyle rumours are true, I suppose you could have an interesting angle of Two-Face captures a certain cat-burglar to bring to justice.

So did I, but like I said, it's the 2 previous films that kept me from getting worried. But I digress, part of SM3's problem was studio involvement, and them getting a little bit airheaded because of the franchise's success to the point where they seemed untouchable. That was their downfall.

Thankfully, I don't think it'll happen here because to me it seems unlikely Nolan's series will ever reach Spider-Man's numbers. Thus, WB are kept on their toes.

Yeah, but this trilogy was mapped out in advance. I don't think the Raimi bros had 2 and 3 mapped out when doing the first.
That's what gives me hope. Its pretty clear that Nolan has set himself a roadmap for a trilogy, and I very much doubt he would build this project without knowing fulll well that the story is strong enough to support two movies.

Though, strangely enough, I didn't think the movie itself was that bad. Forgettable, but still quite entertaining.

agreed. i'm not hating it either, i just feel like that just wasnt a way to end a trilogy. it had no ending, just one big cliffhanger to the next movie.

Rachel will probably be the person to be thrown off the window, or probably a nosy secretary whose thrown by her boss and gets revived by cats.

That's what gives me hope. Its pretty clear that Nolan has set himself a roadmap for a trilogy, and I very much doubt he would build this project without knowing fulll well that the story is strong enough to support two movies.

But Spider-man 2 was made as a set up for spider-man 3, all the right plot lines were in place, such as the harry cliff hanger, and the whole m.j identity thing, yet alas, 3 still was not up to par.

Nolan is a more skillful director then Raimi but in the end he will feel the need to top himself, and most the time with blockbusters the formula is each sequal is more epic then the last. Epic translates now a days into more stuff, and it all looks so good on paper but it just doesnt work out.

With that said, i think if anyone can keep this franchise on track its Nolan.

raimi fell in battle with the producers.:csad:

This is true, the BB producers would not dare screw with Nolan, they still remember B&R.

That might be the third movies saving grace.

Dare i say..thank god for Batman and Robin? :)

I also believe if there's anyone that can keep the Batman film franchise on track, look no further than Mr. Christopher Nolan.

Sure, the same thing that happened to Raimi can happen to Nolan. Yes. It's not an implausable to suggest such a thing. Box office aside, considering the backlash that Spider-Man 3 has received by many fans and critics, I sincerely doubt WB will be quite as anxious to drop their own directives and what characters should and shouldnt be included in a third Batman film with Nolan as Columbia and Arad was with Raimi and Spider-Man 3. Which ultimately, works in Nolan's favor. And obviously thats a good thing.

But Spider-man 2 was made as a set up for spider-man 3, all the right plot lines were in place, such as the harry cliff hanger, and the whole m.j identity thing, yet alas, 3 still was not up to par.

Nolan is a more skillful director then Raimi but in the end he will feel the need to top himself, and most the time with blockbusters the formula is each sequal is more epic then the last. Epic translates now a days into more stuff, and it all looks so good on paper but it just doesnt work out.

And if Raimi had made the SM3 that he had meant to make, the one that had been set up, I'm sure many more people would have enjoyed it.

And if Raimi had made the SM3 that he had meant to make, the one that had been set up, I'm sure many more people would have enjoyed it.

Yeah, the Spider-Man 3 with Vulture instead of Venom and no Gwen or Captain Stacy. It wasn't cluttered with so many storylines either.

But hey, I liked Spidey 3, it just could've been better.

This is true, the BB producers would not dare screw with Nolan, they still remember B&R.

That might be the third movies saving grace.

Dare i say..thank god for Batman and Robin? :)

i think that might be the first and only time someone has said that here and not been sarcastic.:woot:

Yeah, the Spider-Man 3 with Vulture instead of Venom and no Gwen or Captain Stacy. It wasn't cluttered with so many storylines either.

But hey, I liked Spidey 3, it just could've been better.
I heard Lizard, not vulture, but to be fair, I was never exactly informed on SM3, and have yet to see it personally, so its all really third hand information.

I heard Lizard, not vulture, but to be fair, I was never exactly informed on SM3, and have yet to see it personally, so its all really third hand information.

Oh it was Vulture, Ben Kingsley was considered for the role. Avi Arad forced Raimi to add in Venom and Gwen Stacy because he thought Raimi "wasn't listening to the fans enough". Yeah, whatever he said.:whatever:

The thing that always bugged me about the SM franchise as compared to the (new) Batman franchise is the lack of evolution of villians (with the exception of Harry/Goblin). Each movie felt like separate entity to me that could be watched without having seen the other three. I enjoyed all three movies but I definitely got the feeling that they were all conceived and written separately. Not so with Nolan's Batman. He planted seeds for the Joker in BB and will plant seeds for, or create Two-Face in the third. It's a nice, happy, continuous arc. The question is, will the general (non-Bat-obsessed) populace stay along for the whole ride? I think they will. :)

Yeah, but Nolan doesn't look at Batman as a blockbuster franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"