New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys may or may not have seen an article on CBM in their news section, with a picture of what claimed to be the designs for the Turtles and Shredder's helmet, and that may or may not have been the real deal. :cwink:

Not much...

http://collider.com/whoopi-goldberg-moms-mabley-interview/

Did you get involved with the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie because of the whole fantasy aspect of it?

GOLDBERG: I have a grown daughter, and all through my career, she has always said, “Why can’t you be in a Ninja Turtles movie? Why can’t you do a voice or something? Please!” Now, she’s got three grown kids and I’ve got three grown grandkids. I happened to meet up with the folks that were doing it at Paramount, and I said, “Look, if there’s anything in there, would you let me come and play?” Everybody always says, “Oh, sure!,” but very few people follow through. But, these guys followed through, and I had the greatest time. This is the stuff I love! Even my grandkids were like, “Granny, that’s really cool. That’s very hip.” One of them is in their 20s, one is 18 and one is 15, and they’re like, “Wow, that’s pretty cool. Go ahead, granny!” Things that I enjoyed and that I know that they like, if I can get in there, I will. There are just so many things to do now, which is great. Whether it’s going out in space with Star Trek, or doing a voice for the White Rabbit as a black woman, life is good.

I love Whoopi and I kind of am excited to see her in this.

I'm trying to keep my hopes down but I can't cause it's the freaking turtles :csad: Come on, Paramount, give us a trailer! I need to see them turtles :argh:

Shoot I'd be happy with images or teaser pics something.

Given the budget, director and state of things in vfx, I'm expecting the effects to be akin to this or better.

[YT]-hoksI_BHXk[/YT]

This also looks similar to the shredder concept stuff
47+Ronin+Movie.jpg

47roninthumb.jpg

Expecting the trailer with hobbit or christmas time.

I can tell you 2 things about the look:

1. The Turtles look like a combo of most of the major appearances since 1990: The original movie, the 2k3 series, the 2007 film, and (most importantly and closely) the 'Out of the Shadows' game.

2. As far as Shredder goes, he looks significantly similar to this:

Oroku_Saki_by_ElhasMercy.jpg

Well at least the Turtles and Shredder(only when he's in his armor though, then I can pretend it's Japanese man Oroku Saki and not white dude Eric Sachs) will look awesome on screen.

It's just so odd to me that, based on those set pictures of Raphael in the trench coat that he's so freaking huge.

I wouldn't mind if he was the burliest of the Turtles(like Donny being the tallest/lankiest), but he can't even fit in a NY cab.

That's...TOO big.

Any word on Splinter? I'm dreading him almost the most. I know he's probably not going to be anywhere near average human-sized and, I'm assuming, more Yoda sized, which, meh. But any word on if they're overdubbing his voice so he doesn't sound like Danny Woodburn?

I was worried since the Out of Shadows game didn't use the nick cartoon designs was because it's the prototype for the movie designs. Now it seems somewhat possibly true, damn.

I was worried since the Out of Shadows game didn't use the nick cartoon designs was because it's the prototype for the movie designs. Now it seems somewhat possibly true, damn.

That couldn't be further from the truth.

BTW guys, expect the trailer to hit, and marketing to begin, in February.

Wouldn't be surprised. Paramount loves their Super Bowl spots.

The Out of the Shadows designs are fair enough. If they look pretty close to that I'd be cool with it.

Forgive me, but I'm slightly confused how the Turtles can be a combo of the original movie, the 2k3 series, the 2007 film, and (most importantly and closely) the 'Out of the Shadows' game.

The 2007 film Turtles looked more like the 80's-90's animated series Turtles in CGI. The 2003 series had flat-heads and blocky shoulders and arms. "Out of the Shadows" videogame has the Turtles looking nothing like we've seen before but more like actual turtles. And the Jim Henson suits were arguably a combination of the animated series and the original graphic novels.

So, it's a little hard to picture a definite image in my head of their looks.

I will agree though I am really worried they'll make Splinter into a Yoda-sized mentor instead of the human-sized rat we've seen throughout every version of the TMNT.

Forgive me, but I'm slightly confused how the Turtles can be a combo of the original movie, the 2k3 series, the 2007 film, and (most importantly and closely) the 'Out of the Shadows' game.

The 2007 film Turtles looked more like the 80's-90's animated series Turtles in CGI. The 2003 series had flat-heads and blocky shoulders and arms. "Out of the Shadows" videogame has the Turtles looking nothing like we've seen before but more like actual turtles. And the Jim Henson suits were arguably a combination of the animated series and the original graphic novels.

So, it's a little hard to picture a definite image in my head of their looks.

I will agree though I am really worried they'll make Splinter into a Yoda-sized mentor instead of the human-sized rat we've seen throughout every version of the TMNT.

Original movie: Skin texturing, musculature, and overall real world look

2k3 series: More bulky size and build.

2007 movie: Height and proportions.

Out of the Shadows: More humanoid features.

Original movie: Skin texturing, musculature, and overall real world look

2k3 series: More bulky size and build.

2007 movie: Height and proportions.

Out of the Shadows: More humanoid features.

Ok thanks! :)

So you got to see footage of the awesome foursome? Or did you hear this from a source?

http://www.movieweb.com/news/alan-ritchson-talks-raphael-in-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

Nov 29, 2013 by Brian Gallagher

Alan Ritchson Talks Raphael in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

While fans can currently see Alan Ritchson in the blockbuster sequel The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the actor will next be seen as Raphael in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

During a recent interview, the actor revealed that he didn't read any of the original comic books to prepare for the role, and how he connected with the character.

"I actually didn't read any of the comic books- and I really hope I don't offend anyone saying that- but for me, I think we all know who Raphael is. He's known as the angry hothead of the group. He is quick tempered and is quick to act. He is less thoughtful of people's feelings and emotions and consequences. That's something I can relate to as a person. I am very quick to act, like, 'Okay, decision's made, let's go for it.'

So I can relate to him in that sense, but I think just zoning in on who that guy is and then understanding the back story... how these guys were formed in the context of our story and where they came from, and the feelings of abandonment or betrayal. All those very real human feelings are something that are contained within that world, and I think we did a good job of creating a setting and a foundation for that.

So I had everything that I needed to create that character there. So I didn't actually rely so heavily on somebody else's perspective of Raphael twenty years ago, which to be honest like many of the cartoons like, this dude is smiling a lot. You know, they all look the same and there is so a much greater level of like, individual personality in this new reboot, you know that we haven't seen before. So there wasn't a lot for me to relate to, but I don't know if people will understand where I am coming from, maybe until they see it, I don't know.

I think as far as Ninja Turtles, I played a comic book hero [Aquaman] before, so I had some experience with trying to bring a character like that to life. It's challenging because a comic book can span decades and there is an infinite number of authors to go to. The source material changes and these characters' identities change. We still see it every day, like Superman is gay now in comic book nine hundred and eighty one, it's like 'Okay well, that's different then than the guy that started out in number one.'"

It isn't known when we might see the first trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at this time, but stay tuned.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comes to theaters August 8th, 2014 and stars Megan Fox, Alan Ritchson, Pete Ploszek, Jeremy Howard, Noel Fisher, Will Arnett, Danny Woodburn, William Fichtner. The film is directed by Jonathan Liebesman.

Sources: The Back Lot

Haha, I dig Ritchson. He has an understanding.

Well even though he didn't read any of the source material, Ritchson seems pretty confident about playing Raphael as an individual character. I like how he explains that there's a bigger focus on the turtles' individual personalities in this adaptation that hasn't been thoroughly explored in the other films or 80s cartoon. I hope he's right. :raph:

I think you don't really have to have read the books to get the personas. A trained chimp knows how each of them are. :o

There is absolutely no hype for this movie...

The spiderman threads seem to have new news almost daily, yet we get nothing for TMNT!

The lack of stuff on this is painful, but seeing how this won't be out till august I guess its okay that there's no big news yet. I'm thinking February will be our lucky month for this.

etonline.com has posted a new interview with William Fichtner and it mentions about the new TMNT movie here.

Here's the bits of the interview he talks about the new TMNT movie.
Elysium star William Fichtner takes on the villainous role of The Shredder in the upcoming reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the versatile character actor puts a few Internet rumors about the film to rest, saying with a laugh to ETonline, "I can tell you this much: There's an April, there's a Shredder, there are four Turtles. What else do you need? Come on!"

Fans were seriously upset when Michael Bay, who is producing the movie, announced back in 2012 that the title characters would be from an alien race, and that the film's title would simply be called Ninja Turtles. He subsequently clarified his statements after there was such a huge fan backlash, telling everyone they needed to " take a breath, and chill -- they have not read the script," and the title has been restored to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

"Listen, rumor had it that people were up in arms with a few things about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," said an amused Fichtner. "I can tell you this much: The experience for me was really cool. I have nieces and nephews that grew up in the '80s, and if you were a kid, then that's what the Turtles were. But what I didn't realize when I started working on the film is how big that fan base still is. It's really huge, and … I get why Michael would want to produce a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You've got an audience that was there, but also, I think, kids are ready to see something like this again."

Asked how much the new TMNT story draws on the characters' comic book roots, Fichtner replies, "There's people who could speak to that better than I. You know, I really wasn't a Turtle aficionado and knew all of the backstory. There are some people that know all of the backstory, and that's one of the wonderful things about doing what I do, and sometimes playing a role like this. … For me, I want to find, 'What do you want to do with it now? Who is this guy to you right now? Because I'll tell you who this guy is to me.' And it's finding that collaboration that's exciting about working on this.

"But I will say this much: We've supplied the character of Eric Sachs (aka Shredder) with an awesome time, and with an awful lot of great twists and turns for a guy. But more importantly, I don't think that any version that I've ever seen of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles got you ready for what this one is. This is a whole new deal. This is a whole new ballgame. These turtles are unlike anything you've ever seen. They're crazy, it's freaky, it's live-action, and it's going to look awesome. I love Jonathan Liebesman, who directed it. I really felt that he got an amazing handle on what it was and what he wanted, and we'll see. August 8, next year. Can't wait!"

And, of course, there was plenty of warm pizza on the set? "That's right!" Fichtner replies enthusiastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"