New marvel legends at comic-con!!!!!!!

If they're all going to be 3 3/4 scale I may give up on collecting action figures altogether now...

um.. there not. ML's are still here, but there becoming 2 packs... and whether they continue or not is determined by there sales.

This is basically a last ditch effort by hasbro to say "look fans, we care, we're giving you MLs"

But what they're thinking is "there, now when these don't sell to the level that we decided was enough but wont say, we can stop making them but the fans will still think we care"

Drop ML to an Online/comic store exclusive then please!!!

This is basically a last ditch effort by hasbro to say "look fans, we care, we're giving you MLs"

But what they're thinking is "there, now when these don't sell to the level that we decided was enough but wont say, we can stop making them but the fans will still think we care"

see if hasbro was intelligent, they'd look at the DCU line. that line is full of more unheard of, or far far far lesser known properties then the Marvel legends line has ever been. Before i was even a marvel fan i knew or had seen most of the characters due to cartoons and so on and so on.. and i'm a pretty huge comic fan, who while i don't read DC i know, or know of or had seen most of there characters... and with every new DCU wave i see more and more characters i've never seen before, nor heard of. So if DCU sells well, logically so should MLs. Hasbro simply needs to realize that quality is a big factor, BAF's force others to buy all (big money maker there), and while you do need some heavy hitters for lesser known character in a wave (to sell), the wave should not be full of remakes/heavy hitters. like the Ares wave. You have to spread things out... and keep things with good quality.

I think hasbro has been doing a far better job however at recycling new parts, and making them still look brand new, then what toybiz did.. but toybiz definately had better quality control and business ethics. I'd rather search hard for a fig or go on ebay.. and still get it.. then have an over saturated line that doesn't sell and that drives the line into the ground.

id rather have hard to find legends due to fewer produced, then none at all.

Last edited:
Quite frankly to me it seems like ML is afterthought to them.I just know at one point whether sooner or later ML will be phased out and MU will become the only Marvel toyline.The rate at which they are releasing and producing MU is crazy and even though they don't say it MU is the future ML the past.I think we would be lucky to get anything past these 2-packs in 2010.

Quite frankly to me it seems like ML is afterthought to them.I just know at one point whether sooner or later ML will be phased out and MU will become the only Marvel toyline.The rate at which they are releasing and producing MU is crazy and even though they don't say it MU is the future ML the past.I think we would be lucky to get anything past these 2-packs in 2010.

welp, if thats the case, after ML's hasbro wont be getting any of my money. I'll just stick to the occasional Marvel Select fig till we see another line of 6inch figs someday.

I mean I'm winding down on my collecting anyways.A couple more figures and I'll have every ML I want.I only get a few DCU and I only get Spidey mighty muggs{Although I'm getting the Deadpool and if they make Moon Knight I'd get it too.}Quite frankly I only want a few more figures as really I'm content with one version of a character in my collection.For Example I already got Classic Thor which is my favorite costume so if they made a modern one I wouldn't get it.The only character I like getting multiple figs of is Spidey{Which I have every ML Spidey except the sinister six one and every original SMC Spidey besides Scarlet Spider and battle damaged which I want both.}Anyways there are only a few more figs I want made they are

Chameleon
Molten Man
Prowler
Puma
New Black Cat
Tombstone
Hammerhead
Baron Mordo
Enchatress
Cosmic Spider-man
Jim Lee Jean Grey
Sebastian Shaw
Jubilee
Typhoid Mary
Modern Iron Fist
Mr.Fear{Prefer Modern version}
Dormammu

I may have missed a few.After this though I'd be satisfied and probably wouldn't collect anymore.

marvel legends still potentially have a huge life ahead of them... here's my list before the end....

Must have/really want...
-speed
-stature
-hawkeye (kate)
-medusa
-crystal
-lockjaw
-karnak
-gorgon
-northstar
-auora
-puck
-shaman
-vindicator
-snowbird
-polaris
-modern havok
-jim lee jean grey
-jim lee jubilee
-multiple man
-wolfsbane
-cannon ball (modern)
-syrin
-dust
-selene
-goblin queen
-sebastion shaw
-hellion
-rockslide
-marrow
-magma
-sunspot
-warlock
-surge
-pixie
-anole
-dazzler
-moonstar
-mercury
-strong guy
-daken (wolverine)
-nimrod
-bastion
-silver samauri
-maverik
-destiny
-dark beast
-sunfire (original)
-thunderbird
-warpath
-hepzibah
-corsair
-lilandra
-vulcan
-warbird
-gladiator
-enchantress
-radioactive man
-penance
-moonstone
-ms. marvel (moonstone)
-marvel boy
-songbird
-iron patriot
-the hood
-brother voodoo
-dormamu
-baron mordo
-baron zemo II
-baron blood
-spitfire
-meggan
-black tom cassidy
-human torch (original)
-captain america (bucky)
-winter soldier
-US. Agent
-toro
-echo
-luke cage (modern)
-jewel
-misty knight
-colleen wing
-chang-chi
-orca
-tiger shark
-namora
-namorita
-speedball
-justice
-firestar
-jocasta
-thor (modern)
-monica rambeau (photon? proton?)
-the wizard
-terrax
-firelord
-blastaar
-psycho man
-chameleon
-hammer head
-spot
-callisto
-shriek
-doppleganger
-scarlet spider
-madame web
-cosmic spider-man
-six arm spidey
-spider-lizard
-morbius (classic)
-menace
-silver sable
-gwen stacy
-aunt may
-mary jane
-tombstone
-silvermaine
-beetle (mach 2)
-molten man
-prowler
-puma
-nico
-molly
-chase
-gerty
-oldlace
-victor
-carolina

figs who need remade pronto
-scarlet witch
-emma frost
-black cat
-banshee
-ultron
-sentry
-jim lee cyclops

(i'd be happy to have, but not a must)
-triton
-maximus the mad
-M (monet)
-rictor
-shatterstar
-layla miller
-darwin
-balder
-loki (female)
-odin
-warriors 3
-patriot (modern)
-nova (modern)
-gravity
-white phoenix
-hulkling (modern)
-Wiccan (modern)
-avalanche (classic look)
-lillith
-son of satan
-the enforcers
-the power pack
-darkhawk
-the wrecking crew
-callisto
-gateway
-wild child
-smythe
-kangaroo
-gibon
-carrion
-caroline trainer "lady ock"
-scorpia
-scorcher
-melter
-puppet master
-purple man
-the owl
-modern nova
-nova (female)
-quicksand
-scream
-gambit as death
-wolverine as death

Last edited:
Oh god, I can see it now....I'll be 50 years old with a wife and kids, and I'll see on the internet that some new company got the marvel License and will be making a new 6 inch line. it will lead to a divorce.....but It'll be worth it.

...Seriously thought....they're Super Heroes......one body will cover at least %75 of them......Mattel with DCU has 2 generic bodies and they really make damn good use of them......then som guys (like Captain Marvel) need a new body...torso anyway.....

Man, ML......ML still really has a good life left it they just let it......Hasbro should go the other way with it...they should cross their other lines over to the Super Articulated 6 inch...I know Star Wars Legends would sell.....

Man, I just really hate them......when they took over things were looking up for the future of ML...What happened?

Oh god, I can see it now....I'll be 50 years old with a wife and kids, and I'll see on the internet that some new company got the marvel License and will be making a new 6 inch line. it will lead to a divorce.....but It'll be worth it.

...Seriously thought....they're Super Heroes......one body will cover at least %75 of them......Mattel with DCU has 2 generic bodies and they really make damn good use of them......then som guys (like Captain Marvel) need a new body...torso anyway.....

Man, ML......ML still really has a good life left it they just let it......Hasbro should go the other way with it...they should cross their other lines over to the Super Articulated 6 inch...I know Star Wars Legends would sell.....

Man, I just really hate them......when they took over things were looking up for the future of ML...What happened?

they decided to be lil greedy ass hoes about it... marked up the price, got rid of the comics, stands and bases and cheapened the quality. It's there own damn fault. and wish people had the balls to tell them that. Instead we get idiots (sorry, but no one has ever justified the MU line to me other then "well there making more figures" and stuff like that... well duh.. there doing it so you buy them too... i hate it when people fall for obvious marketing ploys.

I mean I'm winding down on my collecting anyways.A couple more figures and I'll have every ML I want.I only get a few DCU and I only get Spidey mighty muggs{Although I'm getting the Deadpool and if they make Moon Knight I'd get it too.}Quite frankly I only want a few more figures as really I'm content with one version of a character in my collection.For Example I already got Classic Thor which is my favorite costume so if they made a modern one I wouldn't get it.The only character I like getting multiple figs of is Spidey{Which I have every ML Spidey except the sinister six one and every original SMC Spidey besides Scarlet Spider and battle damaged which I want both.}Anyways there are only a few more figs I want made they are

Chameleon
Molten Man
Prowler
Puma
New Black Cat
Tombstone
Hammerhead
Baron Mordo
Enchatress
Cosmic Spider-man
Jim Lee Jean Grey
Sebastian Shaw
Jubilee
Typhoid Mary
Modern Iron Fist
Mr.Fear{Prefer Modern version}
Dormammu

I may have missed a few.After this though I'd be satisfied and probably wouldn't collect anymore.

Other than the X stuff (which i dont collect) i'd like all those figures on your list as well....at this point though, i dont think we're ever going to get them.

Hard to believe "Amazing Bag-Head" or whatever may be a figure, and still no Chameleon. :whatever:

Hasbro does care and wants to make stuff you'll buy. It's one thing I've come to see as fact. But there is a second factor which is tied up with your point about sales. Retailers decide what's selling enough and what isn't. Wal-Mart killed ML, not Hasbro. Hasbro wants to keep making it and taking your money. Problem is Wal-Mart doesn't want to spend the money to sell it to you. Not when there are other figure lines (read movie/TV tie-in lines that sell tonnes more) to sell. And you really don't want ML do be online only. Look at MOTU classics, $20 a pop, 1 figure a month, a pain to get a hold of if you are't there at 6am EST on the 15th of every month.

they decided to be lil greedy ass hoes about it... marked up the price, got rid of the comics, stands and bases and cheapened the quality. It's there own damn fault. and wish people had the balls to tell them that. Instead we get idiots (sorry, but no one has ever justified the MU line to me other then "well there making more figures" and stuff like that... well duh.. there doing it so you buy them too... i hate it when people fall for obvious marketing ploys.
If they hadn't done all those things the price would have went up a lot more than it did. More expensive oil=more expensive figures. Tell me something how do you justify ML? Beyond they've been around longer. Which is not an answer. MU is cheaper for me, for Hasbro, for Wal-Mart. Which is why it's king. Wal-Mart can stock twice the figures in the same space for 2/3 the price. Hasbro can put out double the product in a year. And can go for the more nice/obscure characters.

Also DCUC has started going for the double dip. Wave 7, Aquaman repaint, 2009 two-packs Batman and Superman. Wal-Mart box set, slight repaints of the new two-pack Batman and Superman. Wave 10, black Batman. Target exclusive wave, Batman and Superman with new heads. And it's only going to get worse.

Last edited:
Is there a link to a list of all the 3 3/4 inch line of Marvel figures?

There's more than one of those right now. WO has comic series X characters and MU the rest. IM2 is going to be 1:18th and have a comic series. Spider-man classics is going 1:18th in 2010 too (according to toyark, I can't really tell from the pics).

Wave 1
-------
[ ] 001. Iron Man (Extremis)
[ ] 002. Spider-Man
[ ] 002. Spider-Man* (variant: darker blue and red)
[ ] 003. Silver Surfer
[ ] 004. The Punisher (classic)
[ ] 005. Black Panther
[ ] 006. Wolverine (X-Force)
[ ] 007. Human Torch (Burning)
[ ] 008. Daredevil
[ ] 009. Iron Man (Extremis Stealth Ops)
[ ] 010. Bullseye
[ ] 011. Human Torch (FF Costume)
[ ] 011. Human Torch* (variant: John Byrne version - dark blue w/white gloves/boots/collar)

Wave 2
-------
[ ] 012. Captain America (Ultimates)
[ ] 013. Hulk (Green)
[ ] 014. Hulk (Gray)
[ ] 015. Green Goblin
[ ] 016. Ronin
[ ] 016. Ronin* (variant: black costume)
[ ] 017. Iron Fist
[ ] 017. Iron Fist* (variant: black dragon symbol, remolded hand)

Wave 3
-------
[ ] 018. Spider-Man (Black costume)
[ ] 019. The Thing
[ ] 019. The Thing* (variant: John Byrne version - dark blue w/white boots)
[ ] 020. Punisher (modern)
[ ] 021. Iron Man (Classic Red/Yellow armor)
[ ] 022. Ms. Marvel (Classic)
[ ] 023. Ms. Marvel (Modern)
[ ] 024. Hand Ninja

Wave 4
-------
[ ] 026. Union Jack
[ ] 027. Moon Knight
[ ] 028. Red Hulk
[ ] 028. Red Hulk* (variant: matte finish)
[ ] 029. Blade
[ ] 030. Hobgoblin

Wave 5
-------
[ ] 025. Electro
[ ] XXX. Guardian
[ ] XXX. Iron Man (Extremis Silver Centurion)
[ ] XXX. Spider-Man (variant: red/black instead of red/blue)
[ ] XXX. Spider-Man (variant: packaged upside-down; red/black costume)
[ ] XXX. Sub-Mariner (modern)

Hasbro does care and wants to make stuff you'll buy. It's one thing I've come to see as fact. But there is a second factor which is tied up with your point about sales. Retailers decide what's selling enough and what isn't. Wal-Mart killed ML, not Hasbro. Hasbro wants to keep making it and taking your money. Problem is Wal-Mart doesn't want to spend the money to sell it to you. Not when there are other figure lines (read movie/TV tie-in lines that sell tonnes more) to sell. And you really don't want ML do be online only. Look at MOTU classics, $20 a pop, 1 figure a month, a pain to get a hold of if you are't there at 6am EST on the 15th of every month.

If they hadn't done all those things the price would have went up a lot more than it did. More expensive oil=more expensive figures. Tell me something how do you justify ML? Beyond they've been around longer. Which is not an answer. MU is cheaper for me, for Hasbro, for Wal-Mart. Which is why it's king. Wal-Mart can stock twice the figures in the same space for 2/3 the price. Hasbro can put out double the product in a year. And can go for the more nice/obscure characters.

Also DCUC has started going for the double dip. Wave 7, Aquaman repaint, 2009 two-packs Batman and Superman. Wal-Mart box set, slight repaints of the new two-pack Batman and Superman. Wave 10, black Batman. Target exclusive wave, Batman and Superman with new heads. And it's only going to get worse.

first off.. just because it's "bigger" right now... does not make MU "king" :o

DCU has to go for a double dip, just like i have no complaints about variants of popular characters in MU (as long as they don't take up majority of the way) that's not an issue. The fact that they put out more obscurity in a wave them most ML's waves ever have. and the waves sell. ive yet to see any MU figs that don't look like garbage, so if you like saving $3 bucks for garbage... go you! :applaud

$3, HA! Try 5 for less for much better figures. MU and Hasbro ML had about the same level of sculpting. Toybiz ML are fugly lumps of styrene.

Last edited:
There's more than one of those right now. WO has comic series X characters and MU the rest. IM2 is going to be 1:18th and have a comic series. Spider-man classics is going 1:18th in 2010 too (according to toyark, I can't really tell from the pics).

sorry... but this is the Marvel Legend.... thread ;) :o:whatever:

$3, HA! Try 5 for less for much better figures.

umm ML's sell for $10 and MU sell for $7-$8, and they are tiny and look like crap. with horrid clip on accessories. I've honestly seen better crap in a happy meal :up:

$15 and $10 for me. Or $17 and $12 if you want to look at it like that.

$15 and $10 for me. Or $17 and $12 if you want to look at it like that.

you're getting raped no matter what. I can't believe you'd actually even consider paying $12 for something so small and cheap.

Quite frankly I would want nothing more then for MU and ML to co-exist.That way I get what I want and people who want it can get their MU.But I don't see it going that way.

They only sold them at one store, and didn't sell well, so now it's dying?! I wish these toy companies would drop these damn store exclusive deals.

As someone with a background in sales, even without, wouldn't it make more sense to sell your product to more than one store?? They might as well sell them out of the truck of their cars and say, "Gee, this isn't working. Maybe we should make smaller, cheaper version instead of selling them at more stores."

Yeah, that makes sense. :whatever:

Quite frankly I would want nothing more then for MU and ML to co-exist.That way I get what I want and people who want it can get their MU.But I don't see it going that way.

they should go exist... like the DC stuff does. Problem is for some stupid reason people jumped ship on legends for stuff not much cheaper, smaller and crappier.

bright side is, scale's never die... so we may have to wait a few years if ML's die... but at least the scale will someday return.

Hasbro should also re-release some older legends (maybe one spot in each wave of single carded figs) in order to keep people interested in the line. Legends have lasted what 8 years now? stuff that came out 4 years ago people don't even bother to get because they feel so overwhelmed. That means less new collectors.

People didn't jump ship. There was no ship for the 6'' MLs. How long has it been since the Ares and Rulk waves were on the shelves? A year?

If they hadn't waited so long to push the Nemesis wave out, maybe people wouldn't have been so eager to snatch the MUs up.

you're getting raped no matter what. I can't believe you'd actually even consider paying $12 for something so small and cheap.
$17 and $12 is after sales taxes. And I don't have a choice that's the MSRP. Most follow stores use it. Save tack on dollars TRU. They are why I'm paying $16.99 a pop for DCUC.

Spider-Jay420 said:
They only sold them at one store, and didn't sell well, so now it's dying?! I wish these toy companies would drop these damn store exclusive deals.

As someone with a background in sales, even without, wouldn't it make more sense to sell your product to more than one store?? They might as well sell them out of the truck of their cars and say, "Gee, this isn't working. Maybe we should make smaller, cheaper version instead of selling them at more stores."

Yeah, that makes sense.
Well retailers (especially the great satan known as Wal-Mart) have this huge club that they can beat Hasbro over the head with. It boils down to "do what we want (exclusive product or a certain price point) or we won't carry the line." Exclusive product is what in some cases convinces the retailer to invest in carrying the line. DCUC wave 5 was what Mattel used to try and get the line in more Wal-Marts in the US. Titaniums (other than the vehicles) and TF alternators were killed because stores wouldn't buy them from Hasbro.

the toy company's dig themselves a grave with the ridiculous and extensive movie lines... imo. they just last 2 long... no movie should get more then 2 waves of figures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"