Superman Returns New Trailer with X-MEn 3

hunter rider said:
I'm not too down with these shortners like the one above, but I'll take a guess and say it means "In Your Opinion"... if so, YOU BET!! This isn't Matrix pal, and everyone EVER SINCE that movie came out, have been referring to it every time something similar like that showed up in a different movie.. This is SUPERMAN, and it shouldn't be matrix inspired, do you read me?

Naite22 said:
I'm not too down with these shortners like the one above, but I'll take a guess and say it means "In Your Opinion"... if so, YOU BET!! This isn't Matrix pal, and everyone EVER SINCE that movie came out, have been referring to every time something similar like that showed up in another movie.. This is superman, and it shouldn't be matrix inspired, do you read me?

Why not ? being inspired by something that is cool and also reflects the true course of a bullet as explained by Todd is a good idea IMO Pal:o

hunter rider said:
Why not ? being inspired by something that is cool and also reflects the true course of a bullet as explained by Todd is a good idea IMO Pal:o
fair enough... BUT NOT IN SUPERMAN... there's many ways they can make this look cool, without beeing inspired by Matrix... and I think many would agree.. But we'll soon find out how it looks, wont we.

Naite22 said:
fair enough... BUT NOT IN SUPERMAN... there's many ways they can make this look cool, without beeing inspired by Matrix... and I think many would agree.. But we'll soon find out how it looks, wont we.
Superman tracing the bullet correctly through the air seems smart to me given Singers wish for earthy realism

^ that will be UNacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the front page of shh! they gave a description for the SR trailer, but why does it it say July?

I liked original trailer, the commercial that aired with Smallville and am sure I will love the new trailer as well.

As far as the "bullet smashing" effect. WHO CARES HOW IT'S DONE!?!?! The Matrix references Superman in the flight scene in Matrix Reloaded so why can't Superman demonstrate invulnerability by a similarly visual representation? Movie will rock, we will all love it, nitpicking is just way too easy these days! :supes:

I agree with Hunter Rider as well....how would you show it then??It will have to be in slow mo...and just because The Matrix made a revolutionary way of shooting action scenes doesnt mean it cant be used...it just has to be improved.Its like FX...just cause one movie used FX first doesnt mean others cant use it...or any movie shooting technique.And as long as its not overused its all good

Hey, just got back from watching DVC here in the UK (not that bad, but definitely NOT a summer movie), and I saw the new international trailer. As much as I liked the first one, the second one shows loads more new footage as well as more money shots (you can see where the budget's being spent).

Things I noticed / remembered:-

- The trailer starts with a dark blank screen and Lois's voiceover of "How could you leave us like that? / Where did you go?

- We don't see Routh speak (I know some are gonna hate that), but we DO see all 3 versions of his character:-
When Clark's at the DP and greeting Lois, there's this hilarious sequence where Clark and Lois keep moving in for a greeting kiss, then clumsily changing sides
When we see Clark at the farm without glasses, we see a more relaxed attitude (i.e. the REAL him)
As Superman, we see great shots of him flying and so forth.

- I don't remember seeing any Perry, Jimmy or Richard, or Lex's henchmen.

-Luthor's introduction into the trailer involves the intro from the first trailer, some more shots in the FOS, as well as a greeting to Lois Lane (Judging by the dialogue, it sounds like this Lois and Lex have met before and have some kind of history). We do get more of the megalomaniac Luthor than campy Hackman Luthor when we hear him tell Lois that he has advanced alien technology and there's nothing anybody can do to stop him. The 'WRONG!' scene is still there, as is the stabbing shot from the 1st TV spot.

- Other shots we see are more of New Krypton, a Kryptonite missile (?) being launched.

- We see a slightly more extended shot of Superman flying off into space, and a bit more of Jor-El.

- Two memorable scenes are:- a) an extension of the plane sequence where we see the first wing get ripped off, and Superman come spinning out of control towards the camera, and b)a shot of Superman (unconcious?) freefalling down to Earth.

- There is no Superman Returns title given, we only see the 'S' shield on screen, with the outline glistening (hard to describe, but looks nice).

-For the bullet sequence, the thug who shoots at Superman with the machine gun pulls out a handgun a couple of feet away, so the camera shows both characters on screen. The gun is fired and everything goes slow-mo, and we zoom in and swivel to see the bullet hit Superman's eye, crush on impact and fall to the ground (the audience I saw this with laughed and kept saying how cool it was). Quick shot of the thug looking shocked, and Superman staring at him, looking down and grinning.

All in all, this was a more action type trailer, with more money shots.

Thanks for the description mad sci. It sounds really awesome. Good to hear some people noticing the eye/bullet clip, can't wait to see it.

mad-sci said:
Hey, just got back from watching DVC here in the UK (not that bad, but definitely NOT a summer movie), and I saw the new international trailer. As much as I liked the first one, the second one shows loads more new footage as well as more money shots (you can see where the budget's being spent).

Things I noticed / remembered:-

- The trailer starts with a dark blank screen and Lois's voiceover of "How could you leave us like that? / Where did you go?

- We don't see Routh speak (I know some are gonna hate that), but we DO see all 3 versions of his character:-
When Clark's at the DP and greeting Lois, there's this hilarious sequence where Clark and Lois keep moving in for a greeting kiss, then clumsily changing sides
When we see Clark at the farm without glasses, we see a more relaxed attitude (i.e. the REAL him)
As Superman, we see great shots of him flying and so forth.

- I don't remember seeing any Perry, Jimmy or Richard, or Lex's henchmen.

-Luthor's introduction into the trailer involves the intro from the first trailer, some more shots in the FOS, as well as a greeting to Lois Lane (Judging by the dialogue, it sounds like this Lois and Lex have met before and have some kind of history). We do get more of the megalomaniac Luthor than campy Hackman Luthor when we hear him tell Lois that he has advanced alien technology and there's nothing anybody can do to stop him. The 'WRONG!' scene is still there, as is the stabbing shot from the 1st TV spot.

- Other shots we see are more of New Krypton, a Kryptonite missile (?) being launched.

- We see a slightly more extended shot of Superman flying off into space, and a bit more of Jor-El.

- Two memorable scenes are:- a) an extension of the plane sequence where we see the first wing get ripped off, and Superman come spinning out of control towards the camera, and b)a shot of Superman (unconcious?) freefalling down to Earth.

- There is no Superman Returns title given, we only see the 'S' shield on screen, with the outline glistening (hard to describe, but looks nice).

-For the bullet sequence, the thug who shoots at Superman with the machine gun pulls out a handgun a couple of feet away, so the camera shows both characters on screen. The gun is fired and everything goes slow-mo, and we zoom in and swivel to see the bullet hit Superman's eye, crush on impact and fall to the ground (the audience I saw this with laughed and kept saying how cool it was). Quick shot of the thug looking shocked, and Superman staring at him, looking down and grinning.

All in all, this was a more action type trailer, with more money shots.
Sounds like a good mix of fun and action with some exciting visuals,thanks for the report:up:

why did he already saw the new trailer? shouldnt it be online than?

and i read a lot about the matrix. lets make something clear: there was slow motion waaaaaay before the matrix movies.

dont mix bullet time with slow motion.

I've actually been online for over an hour and a half, expecting the trailer to be released. To be honest, I think the international trailer was better than the domestic one. WB have been doing this for years though so I shouldn't be surprised.

(Witness Harry Potter and GOF: US vs International, or Batman Begins).

so this is the international trailer?

guys yo uthink they will realese teh trailer today? it is friday.

mad-sci said:
I've actually been online for over an hour and a half, expecting the trailer to be released. To be honest, I think the international trailer was better than the domestic one. WB have been doing this for years though so I shouldn't be surprised.

(Witness Harry Potter and GOF: US vs International, or Batman Begins).
but it was confirmed from SHH that the trailer will be with x-men 3. i thought that they mean that it will theatrical premiere there.
but since you saw it today i was wrong.

come one WB give us teh trailer. you know you want to :up::)

Iam very confident now that this trailer will be online tonight,I say around 9.00 p.m or so,it will be tonight or tomorrow morning,mad-sci saw it in the theater already then it should be online very very soon:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"