Superman Returns New Trailer with X-MEn 3

The flying sequence with the plan looked far more intense than in the previous trailer. When you see the wing rip off and Superman spinning, you feel a sense of urgency you didn't see before. I hate to use the comparison, but the flying's more like in the Spiderman films than the original films (where you have shots of Superman all over the screen, and times you are following him).

mad-sci said:
The flying sequence with the plan looked far more intense than in the previous trailer. When you see the wing rip off and Superman spinning, you feel a sense of urgency you didn't see before. I hate to use the comparison, but the flying's more like in the Spiderman films than the original films (where you have shots of Superman all over the screen, and times you are following him).

Great,but apart from the extended plane scenes are there more new flying shots?

From what I can remember, there are some flashes of new flying shots, but nothing longer than a few seconds. The only other memorable 'flying' shot is when he's unconcious and falling down to Earth face up, since we have a zoom shot of him, and then a close up as we see his hair and cape flutter in the wind. It looks SO much better than any other ariel shots seen in films like the Matrix, etc. It's memorable because you don't expect it.

mad-sci said:
From what I can remember, there are some flashes of new flying shots, but nothing longer than a few seconds. The only other memorable 'flying' shot is when he's unconcious and falling down to Earth face up, since we have a zoom shot of him, and then a close up as we see his hair and cape flutter in the wind. It looks SO much better than any other ariel shots seen in films like the Matrix, etc. It's memorable because you don't expect it.

Thanks it sounds very good,someone else described a shot of supes flying over the artic(probably the FOS) in the beginning of the trailer, do you remember anything like this?

Oh yes, I think there was (a zoom flyby as the camera pans across), but to be honest, these other shots stuck in my mind far more.

I don't want to start another X3/SR argument, but the audience I saw both trailers with seemed to respond more to SR (you definitely got more of a feeling of awe than with the X3 trailer).

Oooh, I just remembered another shot from the trailer. There was a scene outside the Daily Planet, and you see the beginning of an earthquake, and all the manhole covers in the area explode as lava(?) / fire pours out.

mad-sci said:
Oh yes, I think there was (a zoom flyby as the camera pans across), but to be honest, these other shots stuck in my mind far more.

I don't want to start another X3/SR argument, but the audience I saw both trailers with seemed to respond more to SR (you definitely got more of a feeling of awe than with the X3 trailer).

Oooh, I just remembered another shot from the trailer. There was a scene outside the Daily Planet, and you see the beginning of an earthquake, and all the manhole covers in the area explode as lava(?) / fire pours out.

Oh damn that EQ scene you just described sounds amazing, now I can't wait,btw the zoom fly by shot you said was the one I mentioned of supes flying over the artic right?

Oh damn that EQ scene you just described sounds amazing, now I can't wait,btw the zoom fly by shot you said was the one I mentioned of supes flying over the artic right?

Yeah, that's right.

mad-sci said:
Hey, just got back from watching DVC here in the UK (not that bad, but definitely NOT a summer movie), and I saw the new international trailer. As much as I liked the first one, the second one shows loads more new footage as well as more money shots (you can see where the budget's being spent).

Things I noticed / remembered:-

- The trailer starts with a dark blank screen and Lois's voiceover of "How could you leave us like that? / Where did you go?

- We don't see Routh speak (I know some are gonna hate that), but we DO see all 3 versions of his character:-
When Clark's at the DP and greeting Lois, there's this hilarious sequence where Clark and Lois keep moving in for a greeting kiss, then clumsily changing sides
When we see Clark at the farm without glasses, we see a more relaxed attitude (i.e. the REAL him)
As Superman, we see great shots of him flying and so forth.

- I don't remember seeing any Perry, Jimmy or Richard, or Lex's henchmen.

-Luthor's introduction into the trailer involves the intro from the first trailer, some more shots in the FOS, as well as a greeting to Lois Lane (Judging by the dialogue, it sounds like this Lois and Lex have met before and have some kind of history). We do get more of the megalomaniac Luthor than campy Hackman Luthor when we hear him tell Lois that he has advanced alien technology and there's nothing anybody can do to stop him. The 'WRONG!' scene is still there, as is the stabbing shot from the 1st TV spot.

- Other shots we see are more of New Krypton, a Kryptonite missile (?) being launched.

- We see a slightly more extended shot of Superman flying off into space, and a bit more of Jor-El.

- Two memorable scenes are:- a) an extension of the plane sequence where we see the first wing get ripped off, and Superman come spinning out of control towards the camera, and b)a shot of Superman (unconcious?) freefalling down to Earth.

- There is no Superman Returns title given, we only see the 'S' shield on screen, with the outline glistening (hard to describe, but looks nice).

-For the bullet sequence, the thug who shoots at Superman with the machine gun pulls out a handgun a couple of feet away, so the camera shows both characters on screen. The gun is fired and everything goes slow-mo, and we zoom in and swivel to see the bullet hit Superman's eye, crush on impact and fall to the ground (the audience I saw this with laughed and kept saying how cool it was). Quick shot of the thug looking shocked, and Superman staring at him, looking down and grinning.

All in all, this was a more action type trailer, with more money shots.

Sounds like the new Trailer we are getting next week. How was the Music ? Do we hear the Main Theme a whole lot better ?

Im happy it seems they made the New International Trailer basically our new Trailer. But International Style. They just get it a week early & how was the Music editing ? Do we hear more of the Main Theme & the big action parrt ?

We do hear the main theme as for the 1st trailer, but I get the sense that it worked better with this trailer (better editing). Plotwise, you are not any wiser than before, but you do get a bigger sense of awe than in the first trailer (you also get fewer flash shots, its more cohesive).

mad-sci said:

true my one issue with that sequence....is this..

He is Superman you have a huge Budget...why not be a bit bolder instead of having him fly around the wing....why not have him bust right through that see the wing splinter around him and him not slo a step.... going through it as if it were wet carboard

mad-sci said:
We do hear the main theme as for the 1st trailer, but I get the sense that it worked better with this trailer (better editing). Plotwise, you are not any wiser than before, but you do get a bigger sense of awe than in the first trailer (you also get fewer flash shots, its more cohesive).

Can't wait to see it!!

Hm, I think he actually does fly through it (the second wing, as seen in the first trailer). My mind could be playing tricks on me, but I feel I saw a scene where you see him going headlong into a flying obstacle.

mad-sci said:
Hm, I think he actually does fly through it (the second wing, as seen in the first trailer). My mind could be playing tricks on me, but I feel I saw a scene where you see him going headlong into a flying obstacle.

For sure, he flys through it. As he's flying down toward the plane you see the object coming straight for him. He lowers his head and i guess he flys through it.

I wish the elevator scene was in there. Maybe in some TV Spot or something. Who knows.

Thanks for the description mad-sci. The trailer sound great. I cant wait to see it. Hopefully it'll be online by Tuesday like the previous trailer.

I wonder what Superman does to the that shoots him in the eye. I want to see Superman give a low powered punch, just to knock him out, ya know what I mean?

mad-sci said:
We do hear the main theme as for the 1st trailer,

Its edited the same way as it is in the First Trailer ? Those bastards :down

BrollySupersj said:
I wonder what Superman does to the that shoots him in the eye. I want to see Superman give a low powered punch, just to knock him out, ya know what I mean?

They probobly cut away and you see the guy with the gatling gun wrapped around him and Superman walking away. thats what I exspect.

No, I mean we have the same theme used, but not the same portions. I think the big moment of the theme may be in this one, but I do remember there wasn't an interlude as before (it was more continuous).

mad-sci said:
I think the big moment of the theme may be in this one, but I do remember there wasn't an interlude as before (it was more continuous).

Promising

Dark_Lord said:
I wish the elevator scene was in there. Maybe in some TV Spot or something. Who knows.

Thanks for the description mad-sci. The trailer sound great. I cant wait to see it. Hopefully it'll be online by Tuesday like the previous trailer.

Elevator scene would be awesome to see. :up:

Dark_Lord said:

Its in Singers Documentary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"