• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming New Writers for The Amazing Spider-man 3

Spider-knight

Sidekick
Reaction score
since kurtzman and orci have left the project i figured we can discuss which writers from critically acclaimed tv series and movies we can discuss even great ones who are big fans of the wall crawler. so i'll start off with my list:

Drew Goddard-cabin in the woods, daredevil, cloverfield and buffy the vampire slayer

John Logan-skyfall, aviator, hugo, rango, coriolinus, and gladiator

Matthew Weiner-sopranos and mad men

Jeff Davis-criminal minds and teen wolf

Alex Garland-never let me go, 28 days later and Dredd

Aaron Sorkin-the social network, moneyball, and charlie wilson's war

Ramin Bahrani-99 holmes

so anybody from any writers you think would make a great spiderman film?

Never got why Marc didn't go to Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter for ASM2. They wrote (500) Days of Summer, The Spectacular Now, and The Fault in Our Stars. They haven't written a bad movie yet, and all of the films they've written have a strong emotional core. So why not bring them on board for ASM3? It seems logical to me. Obviously something clicked when they and Marc worked together before.

Never got why Marc didn't go to Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter for ASM2. They wrote (500) Days of Summer, The Spectacular Now, and The Fault in Our Stars. They haven't written a bad movie yet, and all of the films they've written have a strong emotional core. So why not bring them on board for ASM3? It seems logical to me. Obviously something clicked when they and Marc worked together before.

oh yeah! they shpuld write for the seqeul. infact, did you post it to him on twitter? i really would like them to write for the seqeul especially if it has mostly to do with peter's relationship with aunt may, MJ, robbie, j jonah jameson, betty brant, ned leeds, felix foswell, phil urch and norah winters especially with hints of bety's troubled relationships with her brothers

Y'know who should write TASM3?

Somebody who has experience in writing movies that have to balance action and drama.

Never got why Marc didn't go to Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter for ASM2.

I suspect Marc Webb didn't get a choice in the matter, I'd be surprised if he was the guy who got the transformers writers onboard to write the script, But I think it was Sonys choice to get them to make the sequel more fun like the writers did with Star Trek

I don't think he will get a choice in the 3rd either

Last edited:
Alex left?

yes, it was confirmed that alex has left. he won't be involved with the third spiderman movie. however, we do want great writers though like john logan ord rehire goddard for the third spiderman movie by webb

I'd get the "Lego Movie" and "21 Jump Street" guys, they know how to write action, humor, and at the same time keep things serious. They would be the perfect duo to tackle the webhead.

I suspect Marc Webb didn't get a choice in the matter, I'd be surprised if he was the guy who got the transformers writers onboard to write the script, But I think it was Sonys choice

if it was sony's choice they either A) be careful with their choices since they're hitting bankrupsty or 2) let marc webb decide since sony themselves are hitting bankruptsy with their poor decisions and their interference

it's an interview about kurtzman talking about his involvement with venom.

for some reason supherohype seems to have this distaste over CBM.com

That doesn't say he's out of ASM3.

He's still writing the movie.

They need their own Kevin Feige who they trust to make decisions and run the franchise because when you say Sony basically are making the decisions you don't think of a studio with love for the characters and ideas

That doesn't say he's out of ASM3.

He's still writing the movie.

Wasn't there talk they had already written TASM3 script or was that proven to be false?

Either way I can see them starting a new script with whoever is writing it from scratch since there was a change of plan and now the sinister 6 will he out before TASM3

Last edited:
Wasn't their talk they had already written the script or was that proven to be false?

Either way I can see them starting a new script with whoever is writing it from scratch since there was a change of plan and now the sinister 6 will he out before TASM3

I remember that Sony even confirmed his involvement with ASM3 before the second movie was even released.

They need their own Kevin Feige who they trust to make decisions and run the franchise because when you say Sony basically are making the decisions you don't think of a studio with love for the characters and ideas

indeed. i think people say fox are as bad as sony but at least fox knows what they're doing and with some movies coming out by sony that looks good as well as some great movies in the past like skyfall they should make spiderman the same quality as spiderman as in make the movie great with love and passion. it's a bad idea and a bad time to act like this greedy company when you're company is in a worse shape like bankrupsty. for god sakes they lost $2.3 billion dollars. i believe this would be the time to listen to the CONSTRUCTIVE critisms from fans and find out what went wrong with the second movie and the result to sony and see how they can make the third movie and the other spiderman films any better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"