Comics New X-Men: Academy X

hopefully they will make him more interesting but chamber-music has a point where are all the good chracterdslike jay, wither laurie, and windsong.

Personally i found most of the New Mutants to be a bit boring and Goodytwoshoesy. The writing was very good.. but not particularly realistic for people of their ages.
I hope this change in the team makes them standout a bit more and be a lot more interesting.

for some reason i feel that they aren't teens who play around and play jokes on each other while still trying to manage passing math and trying to learn how to use their powers.

Ok I just think Josh converting to Islam would be a great development story for all the cast. IMO of course.

They seemed goodytwoshoes but come on every X-Man who were not a villian started of kinda like this anyway the Hellions were there to remind us all that there are various degrees of teenagers and they're behaviour.

I was a goodytwoshoes growing up and my circle of friends, about 30 or so,.. were all just like me. So When I read the New Mutants I find that I can relate to them more than the Hellions. I think the writers have done a great job relating the differant lifestyles of teenagers.

wolverine wasn't a villian neither was most of generation x. Skin and synch weren't goodytwoshoes. don't even say anytihng about them being killed off either.

i was talking about GENRATION X ....duhhhh

Hence i wrote right before you edited your post. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ghost113 said:
Hence i wrote right before you edited your post. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hence i responded to your post of responding to my post before i edited it. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But now I am responding to your response to my response to your edited post. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ghost113 said:
But now I am responding to your response to my response to your edited post. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

which now has me responding to your latest response to my previous response to your first response to my edited post. geez. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh*ahem*HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

i surrender. now what was this tread about?

chamber-music said:
it seems to me they got rid of the intresting characters and left us with the boring ones. The only member left on the team that interests me is elixer other than that the rest are kinda blah.

Personally I think Hellion and Surge are two of the more interesting characters- especially Hellion. Still can't figure out the rest, though.

Oh, and I like Mercury too. Wheres Prodigy, though?

Generation Lee said:
Ok I just think Josh converting to Islam would be a great development story for all the cast. IMO of course.

huh? why? :confused:
Generation Lee said:
They seemed goodytwoshoes but come on every X-Man who were not a villian started of kinda like this anyway the Hellions were there to remind us all that there are various degrees of teenagers and they're behaviour.
Well, theyre really not that goody-two-shoes except maybe David, whos so far into it though that its kind of interesting. Consider Laurie abuses her pheromones, Josh was basically using Laurie as the rebound from dating a teacher, Surge is a temperamental hothead, and... well yea, Icarus is a total bore.

Yeah.. Jay converting to Islam just to pull a girl?
Sounds a bit shallow to me.

Picked up #18 yesterday. All I can say is wow. Bad Laurie.

hopefully the writers can make icarus interesting

Maybe He'll use his other powers finally, the other new mutants besides Surge use thier powers alot or for fun.

Elixir can't use his powers for fun. This "healing a person to death" thing he did to Noriko was clever though.

he COULD HAVE SOMEONE DIE AND THEN BRING THEM BACK TO LIFE.

Haha, that's just F'in mean. He obviously can't bring people back from the dead. He tried pretty damn hard with Northstar.

Okay, then does anyone know the limitations of his powers.

Nope, they haven't really explored the limits of any of their powers except for Prodigy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"