Newfoundland on the Hype

FlameHead

Avenger
Reaction score
So... am I the only one? I highly doubt it. There is no way in heck that I'm the only Newfie (and I mean that it all it's glory) on the boards. I refuse to believe it. So, if there are any others, please stand up. Please stand up.

newfoundland.gif

You are the only one I've noticed mention they are from Newfoundland....you could be unique.

Originally posted by Jakesteraholic
Yeah. Jehovah's Witness unique.:mad:
Holy conundrum Batman....the Riddler is loose!!

That would be neato to be the only one.... almost a symbol of our iscolated we seem to be and in fact are in Newfoundland.

Actually... I know there are two others on here living in Newfoundland. I practically forced my roomates to join the SHH boards. Trying to pass on my addiction to others ya know? That was only this week though. I'm wondering if there are any others.

I think so as well. If you're wondering; white represens the snow and ice, Blue represens the sea, Red represens human effort and Gold is our cofidence in ourselves.

The other half of our province Labrador (which is actually like 3 times the size of Newfoundland) has it's own flag too.
labrador.gif

This unofficial flag features a spruce twig, and the three sprigs are said to be symbolic of Labrador's people; the Inuit, Innu and European settlers. The white stripe represents winter snows; the blue stripe represents the rivers and lakes, and the green stripe represents the forests.

Cool eh?

i'm from ontario, so that makes us like cousins. scary aint it?

Why yes it does... in a Care Bear kinda way. I almost moved to T Dot last year. I was only there once before and I loved every minute of it. I was plannin on propelling my career a little further by doing so but now I plan to move to Vancouver instead. Try the other side of the Country ya know?

Wow. I never thought the Newfoundland flag would give that reaction. I guess it's because it's just so familiar to me.

Did anyone see Shipping News? There's a lot of Newfoundland hype in that movie. You could almost play "spot the Newfie flag" if you wanted too.

Oh... if you love the Flag, you should see the Province. Just beautiful!

Démon
Vigilante

:o

Hey! That's awesome. I'll have to send that person a pm. Thanks for that Al.

I keep wondering why everyone thinks the flag is neat. I wonder if it's because it's Red White and Blue and you americans are connecting with that... provided those who commented are american.

For those who are wondering where Newfoundland is... here's some directions. First, here's a map of Canada.
Political%20Map.jpg

Actually, in this map, you can see both where I currently reside and the place where I was born; St. John's and Churchill Falls respectivly. Weird to see Churchill there actually...

Here's a map of Newfoundland and Labrador which is located at the very most eastern tip of the above shown country (and North America for that matter)
newfoundland.gif

Hey... how do you get a one armed Newfie out of a tree?

Wave....

*looks around*

Ah CRAP!:o

But seriously folks, I love Newfoundland it has some of the finest people on the planet Earth and is one of the most beautiful sights your eye will ever see.

Gotta love a good Newfie joke. The best thing about them are the fact that they were mostly all made up by Newfies.

You were here before Sandman? When? What for?

I go up to Canada alot. My roots are in Quebec and I like to visit around. I love NF and the stories I hear from other people only make me love it more. Plus I LOVE Great Big Sea.

Great Big Sea are okay. They're a bit saturated in this province now. I mean, they were NF's first big thing really. They've been super exposed to all of us here in efforts to expose themselves everywhere. I happy for all there success though.

Here's the New Brunswick flag, as FlameHead and I are neighbours... :) :up:

new_brunswick.gif

Hey! I'm from NB too! :D
I live just outside of Moncton.

Hey hey boys... this is the Newfoundland Hype board, not the New Brunswick hype... I only jest of course. Nice to see some fellow atltantic canadians on the hype.

Originally posted by FlameHead
Great Big Sea are okay. They're a bit saturated in this province now. I mean, they were NF's first big thing really. They've been super exposed to all of us here in efforts to expose themselves everywhere. I happy for all there success though.

I know, every NFer I talk to says something similar. Still, I love em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"