Newfoundland on the Hype

Hype Police said:
I'm a newfy who lives in B.C. now! I always wondered how many newfies lurked around the hype.

Awesome man! There aren't a lot of us, let me tell you that... not that I know of anyway. I'm glad to see there are a few though, even if you're not here right now. Of course, there are more Newfs off the island than there are on. Cwazy.

what's the climate like in newfoundland? i grew up in maine and ventured up to quebec a few times when i was younger. i live in nebraska now and can't stand being land-locked. eventually i'd love to move to some place beautiful like newfoundland, but i don't really like long winters. is newfoundland a predominantly progressive province? (wow, that's a lotta p-words in a row :) )

Wow, I missed this post along the way there somewhere...

Newfoundland has long winters. You'd hate it probably... and yes, we are faily progressive however we have a lot of tradition and either keeping us grounded or holding us band.

Also, now that this is bumped, has any other Newfoundland and Labradorians joined the boards? Here's a shout out!

People out west refer to Nova Sctions as "Newfies". I always have to tell them that people from Newfoundland are called "Newfies". People from Nova Scotia are known as "alcoholics".

I'm the only romanian and I'm enjoying my uniqueness. :D

boyscouT said:
Is Newfoundland a country?

Um, no. It's a province in Canada. It's a little shocking that you ask that.

I'm on Ontarioan... :O Toronto roolz, Kiefer Sutherland lives here. :mad:

LoL. That indeed does make T Dot an actractive place, no doubt.

Rex Goudi lives here though. Oh, and Brad Gushue. Yeah, he lives here too.

LadyVader said:
I'm the only romanian and I'm enjoying my uniqueness. :D

nope there is another romanian on here :o sorry.

I'm From Saskatchewan btw

Awesome! I don't think I ran into anyone from that province yet!

InsaneMembrane said:
nope there is another romanian on here :o sorry.

I'm From Saskatchewan btw

Sure, there are people who live in Romania or there are people from other countries of romanian descent.
But I'm the only born and bread, tuica drinkin', sarmale eatin', living in downtown Bucharest... romanian... person. :D
:O

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"