News & Discussion Thread

Crockett

With Teeth
Reaction score
Figured that I just open up one once more news starts to pop up. It's a small news but anyway, according to Collider they're gearing up to start shooting in New Orleans around August. Steve also mentions in the articel that despite wanting to, Chu won't be shooting the movie in 3D nor will it be convert to 3D.

http://collider.com/g-i-joe-2-3d-new-orleans/91818/#more-91818

With news rather quiet since those announcements, I did some digging and heard a few things about the sequel. It seems that filming is set to begin in the middle of August and unlike the first film which primarily shot in Los Angeles, the sequel will be filming in New Orleans. In addition, while Chu had been talking about doing the Joe sequel in 3D, I’ve been told they will not be shooting in 3D and they also will not post convert to 3D. Meaning G.I. Joe 2 will be released in good old fashioned 2D.

Thank god, that the movie will not film in or convert to 3D. I'm not really sure what to think of Chu directing the sequel especially if look as his previous movies, but he could be an interesting choice.

Anyway, my expections of this movie aren't very high but I'm a bit to curious to see what Chu will bring to the sequel.

What was the joke from Big Bang Theory, they don't shoot in 3D because they don't have faith in it :D .

LOL, I kid, I kid. I hate the 3D gimmick, but at the same time I wonder if that says something that Paramount isn't going to spend the extra money on the 3D presentation.

The way Paramount seems to be cutting every corner when it comes to this film makes me wonder why their even making it. At this point I'm surprised they aren't just releasing it as a direct to dvd movie.

For all we know, they may decide to put it straight on DVD and skip theaters. The budget on this movie is probably going to be tiny, and I think they are only making it to keep the rights from reverting to Hasbro.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in talks for Roadblock. And apparently the title will be G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes.
http://www.showblitz.com/2011/06/duane-the-rock-johnson-to-star-in-gi-joe.html

Fresh off "Fast Five," Dwayne Johnson is back in action, talking with Paramount about a role in the sequel to "G.I. Joe." Jon Chu, who brought "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" to the world, is directing the 3D update, titled "G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes.

Can you smell what Roadblock is cooking? :o
Nah but I could really dig this.

I read that and I was like... Hmmm, the Rock? Yeah, that might actually get me to sit through another G.I. Joe movie.

Then I saw that it's being directed by the guy that did Step Up and that Bieber movie. :(

The director that they chose doesn't fill me with hope for the movie either but I'm happy that Sommers didn't return, and the smaller budget than the first movie could be the thing that will make them put a bit more effort this time perhaps, and I'm curious how the new guy will handle the action scenes.

Perhaps... it might mean less bad CGI, at any rate. But I just wonder, why the hell wouldn't you get an action director for this if you're trying to make it better? I'm sure there are at least a few out there that you could hire at a modest price that have some experience in the genre. Unless Duke and Roadblock are going to do a little dance routine while they're blowing away bad guys, I don't see what this guy brings to the table.

Honestly, I don't see how you can think less money = less bad CGI. If anything, it means the CGI will look even more obvious.

Guess I should have clarified. I meant less CGI overall... not the same amount of CGI. You're right, that wouldn't make sense.

But then, CGI action apparently costs less than real action, so yeah... it is probably doomed after all.

I don't recall this character in the 80's animated series:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...rter+-+Heat+Vision)&utm_content=Google+Reader

French actress Elodie Yung is in talks to join Dwayne Johnson and Channing Tatum in Paramount's new G.I. Joe movie.

Yung will play a ninja member of the Joe squad named Jinx.

John Chu is directing the movie while Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing the action movie, which is rebuilding mode. A host of characters not seen in the first movie are being introduced, with martial arists Jinx being one.

Johnson is in negotiations to play Roadblock while Tatum returns as Duke. Yung has already displayed considerable ninja-like prowess in District 13: Ultimatum, the parkour action movie whose highlight included a sequence in which she took on corrupt cops with a knife in her ponytail.

Yung, repped by Gersh and Caliber Media and UK-based Hamilton Hodell, will be seen playing the lesbian girlfriend of Rooney Mara in David Fincher¹s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Paramount declined to comment.

I don't recall this character in the 80's animated series:

She doesn't appear in the 80's cartoon but she did appeared in the animated movie where she was one of the new G.I. Joe rookie recruits.

Would've been better if they did went with a Japanese actress for Jinx but this actress does look Asian so it's passable with me. Hope this means that Kamakura will be in as well.

Teaser poster from Expo:

hr_Licensing_International_Expo_1_62.jpg

*sigh* On some level, I was almost hoping this movie was cancelled by now. To think that a year ago, I was on the edge of my seat with excitement for it. :(

Joseph Mazzello Joins 'G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes'

Joe Mazzello has been set to play the role of Mouse in G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes, a role a lot of young guys wanted in the Jon M. Chu-directed Paramount film that stars Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki and Ray Stevenson. Mazzello, the kid in the original Jurassic Park, most recently co-starred in the Emmy-winning HBO miniseries The Pacific and was last seen in The Social Network. He also co-starred in Josh Schwartz's ABC pilot Georgetown.

Source

Mazzello is a good actor, so I think it's great that he joins this cast. I'm not familiar with the character Mouse, so either it's an obscure character or a new character created for the movie.

Jinx is Asian American. What is wrong with that? Why can't Americans play American soldiers?

This is a pretty low-rent cast for the most part. Also what the hell kind of direction are they supposed to be going in? Is this really a sequel? Are they really just going to drop Destro, Baroness, and even Cobra Commander's subplots but actually continue on with Zartan as President? And if that's the case what of Arnold Vosloo and Jonathan Pryce?

^^ Strange. The auditions posted are either titled for "Cross" or "Havoc".

There isn't a Joe by either name but "Cross-Country" is the Joe that drove the H.A.V.O.C. rig. I'm guessing that is the role these guys read for.

^^ Strange. The auditions posted are either titled for "Cross" or "Havoc".

There isn't a Joe by either name but "Cross-Country" is the Joe that drove the H.A.V.O.C. rig. I'm guessing that is the role these guys read for.

Probably just fake names to keep secret what characters were in the movie.

Cross Country is in the movie....which Im cool with...always liked that guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"