News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Crockett, May 20, 2011.

1. Crockett

Crockett With Teeth

Figured that I just open up one once more news starts to pop up. It's a small news but anyway, according to Collider they're gearing up to start shooting in New Orleans around August. Steve also mentions in the articel that despite wanting to, Chu won't be shooting the movie in 3D nor will it be convert to 3D.

http://collider.com/g-i-joe-2-3d-new-orleans/91818/#more-91818

2. Sgt.Pepper

Sgt.Pepper Nowhere Man

Thank god, that the movie will not film in or convert to 3D. I'm not really sure what to think of Chu directing the sequel especially if look as his previous movies, but he could be an interesting choice.

Anyway, my expections of this movie aren't very high but I'm a bit to curious to see what Chu will bring to the sequel.

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

What was the joke from Big Bang Theory, they don't shoot in 3D because they don't have faith in it :D .

LOL, I kid, I kid. I hate the 3D gimmick, but at the same time I wonder if that says something that Paramount isn't going to spend the extra money on the 3D presentation.

4. cronosred

cronosred Well-Known Member

The way Paramount seems to be cutting every corner when it comes to this film makes me wonder why their even making it. At this point I'm surprised they aren't just releasing it as a direct to dvd movie.

5. Timstuff

Timstuff Well-Known Member

For all we know, they may decide to put it straight on DVD and skip theaters. The budget on this movie is probably going to be tiny, and I think they are only making it to keep the rights from reverting to Hasbro.

6. Crockett

Crockett With Teeth

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in talks for Roadblock. And apparently the title will be G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes.
    http://www.showblitz.com/2011/06/duane-the-rock-johnson-to-star-in-gi-joe.html

Can you smell what Roadblock is cooking? :o
    Nah but I could really dig this.

7. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

I read that and I was like... Hmmm, the Rock? Yeah, that might actually get me to sit through another G.I. Joe movie.

Then I saw that it's being directed by the guy that did Step Up and that Bieber movie. :(

8. Crockett

Crockett With Teeth

The director that they chose doesn't fill me with hope for the movie either but I'm happy that Sommers didn't return, and the smaller budget than the first movie could be the thing that will make them put a bit more effort this time perhaps, and I'm curious how the new guy will handle the action scenes.

9. Rowsdower!

Perhaps... it might mean less bad CGI, at any rate. But I just wonder, why the hell wouldn't you get an action director for this if you're trying to make it better? I'm sure there are at least a few out there that you could hire at a modest price that have some experience in the genre. Unless Duke and Roadblock are going to do a little dance routine while they're blowing away bad guys, I don't see what this guy brings to the table.

10. mr. peasant

mr. peasant Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't see how you can think less money = less bad CGI. If anything, it means the CGI will look even more obvious.

11. Rowsdower!

Guess I should have clarified. I meant less CGI overall... not the same amount of CGI. You're right, that wouldn't make sense.

But then, CGI action apparently costs less than real action, so yeah... it is probably doomed after all.

12. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

I don't recall this character in the 80's animated series:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...rter+-+Heat+Vision)&utm_content=Google+Reader

13. Crockett

Crockett With Teeth

She doesn't appear in the 80's cartoon but she did appeared in the animated movie where she was one of the new G.I. Joe rookie recruits.

Would've been better if they did went with a Japanese actress for Jinx but this actress does look Asian so it's passable with me. Hope this means that Kamakura will be in as well.

14. TheVileOne

Jinx is Asian :mad: .

15. mr. peasant

mr. peasant Well-Known Member

With a surname like 'Yung', she's almost certainly Asian. Just from France.

16. Crockett

Crockett With Teeth

Though Yung grew up in France, she's part Cambodian, not Japanese but still Asian.

17. StarLord

StarLord You're Welcome

Teaser poster from Expo:

[​IMG]

18. Timstuff

Timstuff Well-Known Member

*sigh* On some level, I was almost hoping this movie was cancelled by now. To think that a year ago, I was on the edge of my seat with excitement for it. :(

19. Bug-Eyed Earl

Bug-Eyed Earl Well-Known Member

Novel concept- you can be born in Europe to Asian parents and still be of Asian descent.

20. Sgt.Pepper

Sgt.Pepper Nowhere Man

Joseph Mazzello Joins 'G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes'

Source

Mazzello is a good actor, so I think it's great that he joins this cast. I'm not familiar with the character Mouse, so either it's an obscure character or a new character created for the movie.

21. TheVileOne

Jinx is Asian American. What is wrong with that? Why can't Americans play American soldiers?

This is a pretty low-rent cast for the most part. Also what the hell kind of direction are they supposed to be going in? Is this really a sequel? Are they really just going to drop Destro, Baroness, and even Cobra Commander's subplots but actually continue on with Zartan as President? And if that's the case what of Arnold Vosloo and Jonathan Pryce?

22. sweetre15

sweetre15 Positive Page

23. Philly Phanboy

Philly Phanboy LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY

^^ Strange. The auditions posted are either titled for "Cross" or "Havoc".

There isn't a Joe by either name but "Cross-Country" is the Joe that drove the H.A.V.O.C. rig. I'm guessing that is the role these guys read for.

24. Bug-Eyed Earl

Bug-Eyed Earl Well-Known Member

Probably just fake names to keep secret what characters were in the movie.

25. BlackLantern

BlackLantern Well-Known Member

Cross Country is in the movie....which Im cool with...always liked that guy