News & Discussion Thread

I think after the first movie few people and reporters care about this one ;) .

I think it's fair to speculate Duke gets offed at some point.

Ah well!! As a kid I've always liked Flint better because of his beret.

I think it's fair to speculate Duke gets offed at some point.

That would be great. Duke getting killed would probably be about the only thing that would get me to watch this movie.

I'm torn on the subject. On the one hand, I love Duke and want him to continue as the field leader of the G.I. Joe team. On the other hand, Channing Tatum sucks. I still can't fathom how he was cast as the lead. The best of both worlds option would be to have Duke wounded in the movie and taken out of action, and when he comes back in the third he's recast.

"Hey guys, Duke is going to pull through! Only thing is, because of his injuries, he's now 16 years older and looks like Mark Valley." :p

There was an interview at the toy fair over the weekend where the producer said that reason Duke is hardly in this movie is because of Tatum's very busy schedule and that he'd love to see him comeback so I'm assuming that basically confirms Duke does not die.

I imagine it will be like Letty's death in the fourth Fast and the Furious. They killed her off to get her out of the movie and now she's apparently alive and coming back in the next one. I'd rather his death be final and there be a new Duke.

Whatever they do, the important thing is that they fix both Duke and Baroness and have NO romantic ties between the two whatsoever. Really, if they wanted Duke to have a love interest it should've been with Scarlett. Keep Baroness as the bad ass that she's always been.

I've always preferred the cartoon version with Duke and Scarlett. Reading the comics after that and seeing her with Snake Eyes always seemed really weird to me. Nevermind that it makes a whole lot more sense for the leading lady to be paired with the guy who, you know, talks. Besides, I detected a whiff of sexual tension out of the Snake Eyes/Jinx fight from the trailers. Maybe it's just me, but every time Jinx popped on screen with Snake Eyes it seemed like foreplay.

They should use the theme song from the animated movie. That was awesome.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Daytona 500 TV Spot
[YT]vFwc8n-WEtw[/YT]

The trailer music/sample by Glitch Mob would be an awesome theme too ......

Really excited for this one. Duke might get into a coma or something, Im sure hes not gonna die. I would love for Duke to be recast in part 3.

I've always preferred the cartoon version with Duke and Scarlett. Reading the comics after that and seeing her with Snake Eyes always seemed really weird to me. Nevermind that it makes a whole lot more sense for the leading lady to be paired with the guy who, you know, talks. Besides, I detected a whiff of sexual tension out of the Snake Eyes/Jinx fight from the trailers. Maybe it's just me, but every time Jinx popped on screen with Snake Eyes it seemed like foreplay.

I think it makes more sense for Scarlet to be attracted to someone, ya know, interesting.

Duke can be interesting... when he's not being played by Channing Tatum, at least. Let's hope that Duke ends up in a coma or something in this movie and when he wakes up in the next movie he'll be played by some other actor.

The lighting in Lady Jaye's photo is too bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"