News & Discussion Thread

So for the new poster I guess they just copied the previous movie and put Jinx on the other side.

http://collider.com/gi-joe-2-sequel-retaliation-posters/164812/

gi-joe-retaliation-international-poster.jpg

gi-joe-retaliation-final-poster.jpg

Its sort of weird because some footage makes it look like Storm Shadow joins GI JOE in the movie and Jinx is Storm Shadow's protege.

Also is Jinx going to be Kim Arashikage in this canon?

I don't get it.. (and I have not kept close tabs on the details of this movie) But Correct me if I am wrong but is not Jinx a Joe? Why is she standing with Cobra?

Dugath, yes she typically is. But just for example, they made Jinx in GI JOE: Renegades the heir of the Arashikage clan and Storm Shadow's baby sister. She wasn't strictly a Joe in that series more on her own side but she was Snake Eyes' friend, though at one point they were divided since she believed Snake Eyes might've killed her father.

The 1st poster is so much better :woot:

Reminds me of the poster of the 1st movie!

New photo of Firefly

Click to enlarge

Amazing imagery.

Yeah, that's definitely a better one than that other good vs. evil one they did. This one doesn't remind me of that awful poster from the awful first movie.

I know that Bruce Willis is a big star and all, but having his face front & center on the poster takes me out of the G.I.Joe setting. And I don't like the fact that my favorite character Storm Shadow is unmasked most of the time, and robbed him out of the shroud of secrecy he had in the comics and cartoons. However, I do admit the latest trailer is nice, and it won't be as bad as the first movie from the look of it.

Women like Byung's face and think he's hot so they want to show it off.

Anyone else thing Adrienne Palicki looks really out of place on these posters? On that last one, she really looks like she's thinking, "Where the hell am I? Damn, those shots were strong last night..."

This movie should get at least $100 million dollars in domestic box-office since Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson are in the movie.

Not necessarily. The Rock is not a big box office draw.

Anyone else thing Adrienne Palicki looks really out of place on these posters? On that last one, she really looks like she's thinking, "Where the hell am I? Damn, those shots were strong last night..."

With Miller they went with ash shots, with Palicki they seem to be going with boobs.

Yeah, but Faster didn't. And that movie, more than the other two, was banking on his star power.

Still a cool movie though, mostly for The Rock.

I'm fine with costume being black but if it was blue it would stand out more and be more noticeable.

Rock is not a big draw on his own. Journey 2 and Fast Five were sequels to pre-established franchises. Plus he's not even the main guy in Fast Five.

Here he's the main guy but it is a sequel. The problem is the first one was a huge disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"