News & Discussion Thread

Not that much is new. Best part was the North Korean guy's reaction.

New trailer was quite good, certainly stepped up the scale from the last trailers, once again SE and SS look the highlight, even with The Rock and Bruce there, but this film seems to have totally fallen off the radar.

The Ninja battle on the mountain still looks the highlight IMO, the movie felt like it had it's hype in place when it got moved and it really has nothing new to show at this point.

2-9_zps23c351c4.jpg

3-4_zpsfb6a0a75.jpg

i just noticed how much ish he's wearing.

JESUS what kind of ninja could do ANYTHING with all that gear on?

anyway, he still looks awesome. WAY better than foam suit snake-eyes from the first movie.

i just noticed how much ish he's wearing.

JESUS what kind of ninja could do ANYTHING with all that gear on?

anyway, he still looks awesome. WAY better than foam suit snake-eyes from the first movie.

It looks like a lot more thought into the design of the suit and how it would probably function in a battle (i.e. -- the sectioned armor and chest piece, the knife, etc.) It also really shows how much of G.I. Joe fan John Chu is, as the design pays homage to the various comics and the cartoon series.

Despite the early reports of the film's supposed bad quality, I think this could probably be a bit of a surprise. It seems like it had more thought put into it than it's predecessor.

Last edited:
Doesn't really mean much. Singer put a lot of thought into SR!

What a difference it makes to not have a stupid mouth on the mask...

I don't think it's that much really, and I can't see how it's any step back from the rubber suit from the first one. It's pretty much the TDK route with armour plating to help him move more freely.

Snake Eyes' costume is much better here than in the first movie, not only is it more faithful, its more practical as well.

At least they got rid of the stupid lips. Still can't believe the costume designer's BS answer of, "we got to show he's still human blah blah blah." Such nonsense. In most promotional images they blocked out that goofy looking mouth.

The movie, meh dunno. The buzz on it lately has been almost non-existent. The new trailers don't really show us anything new at all, pretty much all the same stuff we saw last year.

Why are they keeping Cobra Commander's dialogue such a secret?

The reviews to this movie can't come soon enough, I know the more well known critics will tear it apart but I'm more interested in what us as true Joe fans will think of it.

Who the hell will believe a huge brick built like The Rock can have cat-like Ninja reflexes?

^I would be surprised if it got worse reviews than the first, this one seems a little more grounded and realistic which the critics seem to like in their action/comic book movies, 1st one ended up with 34% on RT, can see this maybe getting over 40% at most.

But you never know, it could get higher.

im keeping my hopes and expectations VERY low...I went into the first one and was UPset after the first 1/3 of the movie

My hopes aren't that high with the film, I'm just hoping for a decent action flick. I think that's the best case scenario.

I'm liking Snake Eye's new mask and armour. When I first saw it in the first couple of trailers I wasn't too sure on it, but now that we've had a better look at it I quite like the design.

The producer has confirmed that no new Tatum scenes were shot.

^Not sure whether to believe to it personally, would converting it to 3D really take 9 months?

They did do some reshoots. He said that Tatum was there for 5 hours to shoot his part in the movie. So there will be very little Duke in it

They did do some reshoots. He said that Tatum was there for 5 hours to shoot his part in the movie. So there will be very little Duke in it

Just curious, but where did you get this info?

Japanese trailer...

[YT]sgCzlDO0gow[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"