Next Trailer won't be revealed until Spiderman 3

They did something pretty similar last time by attaching the trailer to Star Wars III, right? That worked pretty well for the FF opening. Everyone in the universe will see Spidey, so FF hits the target audience w/ little effort. Can the FF trailer be attached to Spidey since it is a Sony release, or just in the box as an option?

Actually Grog, there was one more full trailer after the ROTS attachment. Then again, FF1 came out on July 8th, a month later than this film's debut.

This is the best way to get maximum exposure.

Everybody and their moms is going to see Spider-man 3 and a new trailer will get their attantion better than an old one.

^^^ Very True.....

I don't really see a movie between now and Spidey that can hit the exact demographic that Fox wants to hit....

1. You get more time to put out a trailer with totally finished CGI...
2. You get a chance to be a trailer on a movie that will be seen probably more than any other film this year...
3. People will get there early to get a seat, therefore the butts will be IN THE SEATS when the trailers are showing...
4. The teaser trailer even today is still on the top 10 trailer searches on most sites....
5. The outdoor promo is about to start so that will keep this movie in the minds up until the Spider movie, WITHOUT getting lost in the Spiderman hype...

I don't see ANYTHING negative about waiting until Spiderman 3 for a trailer AT ALL....

6. People remember what they last saw.....they will also go in and see Spiderman 3 several times...

7. Spiderman 3 will be on more screens than probably any other movie this year....therefore more screens showing the finished CGI'd F4 trailer, rather than a semi-finished trailer showing to a specific demographic on much fewer screens with 300....

Again, nothing negative about that.....

I don't really see a movie between now and Spidey that can hit the exact demographic that Fox wants to hit....

1. You get more time to put out a trailer with totally finished CGI...
2. You get a chance to be a trailer on a movie that will be seen probably more than any other film this year...
3. People will get there early to get a seat, therefore the butts will be IN THE SEATS when the trailers are showing...
4. The teaser trailer even today is still on the top 10 trailer searches on most sites....
5. The outdoor promo is about to start so that will keep this movie in the minds up until the Spider movie, WITHOUT getting lost in the Spiderman hype...

I don't see ANYTHING negative about waiting until Spiderman 3 for a trailer AT ALL....

6. People remember what they last saw.....they will also go in and see Spiderman 3 several times...

7. Spiderman 3 will be on more screens than probably any other movie this year....therefore more screens showing the finished CGI'd F4 trailer, rather than a semi-finished trailer showing to a specific demographic on much fewer screens with 300....

Again, nothing negative about that.....

Agree 100%!!:up:

I don't like this, they should have really put something out, maybe an extended version of the first trailer or something, this seems like a rather dicey decision on the part of Fox. Seems like they are trying so hard to be perfect because they are so many haters out there trying to find an opening to crush this film that they are running scared.

You just can't let the critics and fanboys paralyze you sometimes, I hope they know that it is the general audiences that will bring this movie home again and as such they had better be careful that they don't wait too late to get this movie out in front of the wider public.

They really should be thanking Loan for the wonderful job he is doing in keeping this movie in the news.

they seeme to have locked everyone else down.

God bless you loan for fighting "the man" and giving us the inside scoop on a lot of stuff.

I don't like this, they should have really put something out, maybe an extended version of the first trailer or something, this seems like a rather dicey decision on the part of Fox. Seems like they are trying so hard to be perfect because they are so many haters out there trying to find an opening to crush this film that they are running scared.

You just can't let the critics and fanboys paralyze you sometimes, I hope they know that it is the general audiences that will bring this movie home again and as such they had better be careful that they don't wait too late to get this movie out in front of the wider public.

I disagree--I think they are being smart about this.

If they hope to have a prayer of success, they need to come with their A game; presentation is everything. Especially with all things considered from last time, they must have all their ducks in a row--no pics of the Thing with a broken arm, etc., are going to fly this time.

And although I know certain people here believe the fanboy community doesn't amount for much, we do control the larger portion of online word-of-mouth. If FOX wants it to be good WOM going in, they shouldn't provide any fuel for fire.

So I'm all for making sure T's are crossed and I's are dotted.

I agree, but remember. Sometimes people can be TOO PERFECT. They want something to be SO PERFECT, that they wind up screwing it up. :csad:

^^ I take your point LS, but is it not a fine line to be treading, this seems awfully late in the game to be bringing a full trailer only a month before a major summer release.

I would say that this is almost unprecedented. I just think that they could have taken the first trailer and updated it like they have been doing with the Spidey trailers all along.

They could have just given us a glimpse of how the torch was saved or something, something to hold us over and keep the buzz going up.

Do you think that would have been too little or they would have been slammed for being lazy, I dunno, this is going to go down to the wire it seems.

^^ I take your point LS, but is it not a fine line to be treading, this seems awfully late in the game to be bringing a full trailer only a month before a major summer release.

I would say that this is almost unprecedented. I just think that they could have taken the first trailer and updated it like they have been doing with the Spidery trailers all along.

They could have just given us a glimpse of how the torch was saved or something, something to hold us over and keep the buzz going up.

Do you think that would have been too little or they would have been slammed for being lazy, I dunno, this is going to go down to the wire it seems.

Honestly I think we'll be fine.

A lot of people bash FOX but one thing I never hear folks complaining about is their marketing machine. It is probably one of the best in the industry. They have an entire television network at their disposal as well as other mediums to work their magic with. Let us not discount the fact that there will be a myriad of TV spots blanketing the tube the last 2 weeks prior to release.

EXAMPLE: X-Men: The Last Stand's 2nd and final trailer was released March 7th, 2006. Fans were expecting a 3rd "Character Names" trailer which was initially promised by the studio because the actual film didn't drop until May 26th. The 3rd trailer was cancelled, and instead a barrage of TV character spots were released. The result? The movie did just fine box-officewise. Some thought that waiting so long between March and May would hurt the opening, but it didn't.

So what harm can pushing the 2nd and final trailer to a month and half before release do? With that trailer in rotation PLUS TV spots and street marketing, I'm sure there will be no nook and cranny you'll be able to hide in to escape FF2. It'll be everywhere man. Everywhere.

Honestly I think we'll be fine.

A lot of people bash FOX but one thing I never hear folks complaining about is their marketing machine. It is probably one of the best in the industry. They have an entire television network at their disposal as well as other mediums to work their magic with. Let us not discount the fact that there will be a myriad of TV spots blanketing the tube the last 2 weeks prior to release.

EXAMPLE: X-Men: The Last Stand's 2nd and final trailer was released March 7th, 2006. Fans were expecting a 3rd "Character Names" trailer which was initially promised by the studio because the actual film didn't drop until May 26th. The 3rd trailer was cancelled, and instead a barrage of TV character spots were released. The result? The movie did just fine box-officewise. Some thought that waiting so long between March and May would hurt the opening, but it didn't.

So what harm can pushing the 2nd and final trailer to a month and half before release do? With that trailer in rotation PLUS TV spots and street marketing, I'm sure there will be no nook and cranny you'll be able to hide in to escape FF2. It'll be everywhere man. Everywhere.

Well you have convinced me, I can't argue that Fox seems to have their pulse on the numbers and they seem as Loan said to have a fairly good handle of what they have here with FF2.

That being the case I should not be worried, they do know their marketing.

Good choice putting it with SM3. I just hope they put out new pics.

They will Caliber.

The street campaign has already commenced here in New York.

If they do what they did last time around....along with a trailer with Spidey....there should be no problem as far as the promo.....

Actually Grog, there was one more full trailer after the ROTS attachment. Then again, FF1 came out on July 8th, a month later than this film's debut.

True, but the first trailer did not get anywhere near the positive buzz that this trailer has gotten....

I just saw the first tv ad for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and it opens March 23rd.
Seems like it's been a number of months since the TMNT teaser hit.

This trailer easily relit my kid's desire to see TMNT as soon as possible. I'm sure he's already put an X on March 23 on his calendar, just like he did for February 16th (Ghost Rider).

(I'm not sure what the campaign was like for Ghost Rider; seems like the tv spots started about 3-4 weeks before release date.)

I like the very slow build-up for FF2. I think they know just what they're doing.
( I wouldn't expect tv spots for FF2 til at least the middle of May.)

I thought the initial report was that a new trailer would be out with 300, which is getting a lot of positive buzz. A 3rd trailer was then supposed to hit with Spider-Man 3.

I'm not saying that Comics Continuum is wrong, but I don't hold them up as a pinnacle of news reportiing. Guess we'll just wait and see.

Personally, I think putting another teaser type trailer (maybe with some of this TV spot footage) with 300 would be a good idea. It's another comic book movie with a lot of buzz. Then, a full trailer could go out with SM3.

Its been known for awhile that it wasn't with Ghost Rider or 300. They are putting a trailer with Spiderman 3....

I have no worries, I mean Fox is like the KING of movie promotion, advertisements, etc. When those tv spots for X3 came out, they were literally on every channel at every hour of every single day until the movie came out!!:woot:

I dunno Iron Maiden...the first trailer has left a great taste in the people's mouths, true. But waiting all the way till MAY? Not sure that teaser was enough to sustain interest.

from a marketing standpoint this is a much better idea. aside form spiderman will make atleast 3 times as much as 300; your not going to be seeing 5 year olds waiting in for 300.

also, it gives them time tomake may and june all about ff4 marketing rather then spreading it out. aside from spiderman 3 being absolute huge hit assuring a lot views, theyll be able to play the tv spots with their huge hits HOUSE and AMERICAN IDOL. This makes alot of sense to do as it makes hype easier to build; itll be one big wave instead of 10 little ripples:yay:

^^^ Well, it looks like they didn't wait....the TV spots are coming out now!

I knew this report was BS, comics continuum has been consistantly wrong on these things. First was back in December when they said the effects weren't ready for the trailer to come out with Night at the Museum, and now this.

I'm sure there will be a trailer attachment to Spider-Man 3, but with the TV spots it's obvious there's a buildup to something.

I personally think that the teaser trailer was good enogh.It did'nt really give away alot of the movie like most trailer,and it will make people more intrested.IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"