NFL Offseason (Free Agency, Draft and Trades)

And so it begins.
You're my new hero.....unless of course, that's a fake Peter Jackson made up quote from Theoden and not Kosh from Babylon 5. If the latter, we're good. :cwink:

I believe the first domino to fall will be who gets Derek Carr and then who replaces Derek Carr in Vegas.

I believe the first domino to fall will be who gets Derek Carr and then who replaces Derek Carr in Vegas.
That would not surprise me in the least. I could see the Raiders trading Carr and trying to move up in the draft. They aren't far away from being a contending team.

I think the teams to watch in free agency, and then the draft, are the Lions, Seahawks, and, incredibly, the Eagles. The first two had very, very decent teams this year and have a plethora of high draft picks this year; including in the first round. They are teams to watch.

The Eagles will be drafting like a team that completely sucked. They essentially have the picks you would expect from a bottom 6 or so team. #10 in the first and a second, third, and fourth of the worst team in the league (essentially their own first, second, and third). If they can retain their guys in free agency.....yikes.....

Where do we think Garappolo is going? I'm VERY curious how he'll do next year because while he's very limited in terms of raw physical skills and had good coaches, he's still always managed to be net positive for a team. Until Brock Purdy the 49ers had difficulty winning without Jimmy at the scrimmage line. Really want to see if his intangibles make a difference for another team not as well built as the 49ers or Patriots.

The Eagles will be drafting like a team that completely sucked. They essentially have the picks you would expect from a bottom 6 or so team. #10 in the first and a second, third, and fourth of the worst team in the league (essentially their own first, second, and third). If they can retain their guys in free agency.....yikes.....

Yeah the way the Eagles play make them currently built to make some noise for the next 2 or 3 years and like you said that's not even taking account that they are in prime position to draft some studs. I'm not looking forward to it haha.

Proof he didn't pull a Josh McDaniels and back out:

abpm70ags7ia1.jpg

The Eagles lost their DC too.

Dude is going to the Cards apparently.

Raiders just cut Carr. He's now a free agent and can sign anywhere. Curious where Carr, Jimmy G. and Baker Mayfield end up.

I think Carr ends up in New Orleans and Jimmy G is a Buccaneer. Unless Baker gets a team interested in him being a starter, I think he'd be smart to sign back with the Rams. Stafford seems to be a bit more injury prone these days and this could be a chance for him to start if Stafford can't go.

I think Carr ends up in New Orleans and Jimmy G is a Buccaneer. Unless Baker gets a team interested in him being a starter, I think he'd be smart to sign back with the Rams. Stafford seems to be a bit more injury prone these days and this could be a chance for him to start if Stafford can't go.
Those would be good spots for all of them. Stafford may not have another season in his arm whether he's healthy or not.

If he shines in Washington, there's no excuse for him not to get a HC gig in the future. Should've happened years ago.

Falcons bid Mariota farewell

I guess they’re either going to bring in someone, or start pumping up Desmond Ridder.

Falcons bid Mariota farewell

I guess they’re either going to bring in someone, or start pumping up Desmond Ridder.

I really liked Ridder coming out of the draft, but don't know enough about the Falcons to know whether or not I was right (or if anyone does just yet), but I thought he had a great upside. I think Marcus is a very valuable player and can really help some teams.

I think Wentz needs to just bide his time and see what opens up. Clearly not a starter anymore, but could be a useful backup if needed.

I think going to a team that's still 50/50 with their QB situation is ideal. Someone like the Bears or Rams. Plus, all teams that draft a QB this year are an option in case those QB's flop.

So, I'm one of those geeks that watches the NFL combines and both Levis and Richardson really, really helped themselves. I think 4 QBs go in the top 8 and they may not last that long. Richardson is just a ridiculous athlete. Dude is 6'4", 244, ran a 4.43 40, a 40.5" vertical, and a 10' 9" standing broad jump. That's great wideout/DB speed. Dude made a lot of money today.

So, I'm one of those geeks that watches the NFL combines and both Levis and Richardson really, really helped themselves. I think 4 QBs go in the top 8 and they may not last that long. Richardson is just a ridiculous athlete. Dude is 6'4", 244, ran a 4.43 40, a 40.5" vertical, and a 10' 9" standing broad jump. That's great wideout/DB speed. Dude made a lot of money today.

A lot of people think that Levis and Richardson will be superstars, but others think that they will be massive busts and be out of the league in 5 years. They could also be other options that we have seen in other first round QBs: the QB who showed promise and potential to start, only to crater as his rookie contract gets closer to the end (Baker Mayfield, Carson Wentz) or a first rounder that has always sucked and is hanging on by a thread in the NFL (Sam Darnold) or a guy drafted in the first round who never lived up to his potential and becomes a journeyman for a decade in the league (Teddy Bridgewater)

Last edited:
A lot of people think that Levis and Richardson will be superstars, but others think that they will be massive busts and be out of the league in 5 years. They could also be other options that we have seen in other first round QBs: the QB who showed promise and potential to start, only to crater as his rookie contract gets closer to the end (Baker Mayfield, Carson Wentz) or a first rounder that has always sucked and is hanging on by a thread in the NFL (Sam Darnold) or a guy drafted in the first round who never lived up to his potential and becomes a journeyman for a decade in the league (Teddy Bridgewater)
Yeah....sure....the same could be said for Stroud and Young. A lot of "great" prospects don't pan out. All I'm saying is that Levis and Richardson helped themselves WRT their draft status. Some later picks end up in Canton. Time will tell.

The team you end up on can also make or break your career. If Tom Brady ended up getting drafted by a team like Houston, Cleveland, Detroit, etc, who knows what his legacy might be.

We'll see where he ends up because it'll play a huge factor, but I'm not sure where I fall on Richardson. His day yesterday did wonders for him, but the few Gators games I watched this year, I didn't think he was all that great. Plus bad completion percentages at big schools kind of scare me.

Tremendous talent though, so he could be a great pick for a lot of teams who are willing to wait and develop. If I'm the Lions I'd consider it. Goff would be a great guy to sit behind a couple of years to learn from.

Trying to start getting up to speed on NFL. Who are the top 10/20 or so players I should learn about? (if anyone can be bothered to write out :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"