• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Offseason (Free Agency, Draft and Trades)

I don't understand why people don't think the Jets have any sort of backup plan at QB if they don't get Rodgers. I think Hooker could be a real sleeper of a QB and would probably be there at 13. His stock is lower than usual because of his age and the injury, but Levis is only a year (or two?) younger. Barring injury, I think Hendon might have very well been a top 10 pick. The Jets then have 2 pretty high 2nd round picks to go after O line, save a ton of money by not taking on Rodgers' contract, and can do more in free agency.

If the Packers don't trade Rodgers', they're sitting on his salary as a backup QB.

EDIT: BTW, I think 13 is a little high, but if you can get your QB, it doesn't matter. The Jets could always trade back, but don't trade back behind the Vikings and watch out for them maybe leapfrogging you because Minnesota would be an ideal place for Hooker. So would Seattle, but I expect them to go D with both of their round 1 picks. Of course, they are also sitting at 37 and could package that and trade up if they were so inclined. Tampa Bay is another team that might want Hooker.

Hendon Hooker has Jalen Hurts vibes for me. I don't see Hooker falling even late into the 2nd round. I could see him going late in the 1st or very early second. If Raiders fail to get Young/Stroud/Richardson, they got to trade back or trade to get another late 1st round pick and get him. They've met with him multiple times already, so there's some interest. Rumors are is he is QB3 on their draft board. (I would assume it's Young/Stroud/Hooker)

As someone who lives in the south and watched Hooker play all year, I'd love to get his jersey in the silver & black, partially biased lol. But I wouldn't mind the others I mentioned either.

Hendon Hooker has Jalen Hurts vibes for me. I don't see Hooker falling even late into the 2nd round. I could see him going late in the 1st or very early second. If Raiders fail to get Young/Stroud/Richardson, they got to trade back or trade to get another late 1st round pick and get him. They've met with him multiple times already, so there's some interest. Rumors are is he is QB3 on their draft board. (I would assume it's Young/Stroud/Hooker)

As someone who lives in the south and watched Hooker play all year, I'd love to get his jersey in the silver & black, partially biased lol. But I wouldn't mind the others I mentioned either.

You're not partially biased. You're as biased as I am. :funny:

I agree with your assessment of Hooker. I don't see any scenario where he lasts beyond the early 2nd round and probably goes in the 1st because someone's gonna want that extra year option and if he's drafted in the 2nd, you don't get it.

I honestly can't see him getting past the Vikes. If the Jets were to draft him, I would then go to GB and offer them one of my 2 2nds and a conditional pick next year for Rodgers. If they don't take it, they're sitting on a $40M backup QB.

Trade comp for Rodgers

Trade comp for Rodgers

I hadn't considered the pick swap, but that's about what I figured would be a fair deal. The difference between 13 and 15 shouldn't be a deal breaker.

EDIT: I guess the real question for the Jets is what they do with their 1st round pick. My first reaction is that they go O line as they really seemed like they could use some help there (esp late in the year). If the right QB was available, they might want to grab one as Rodgers isn't going to be around forever and they might not have a 1st rounder next year.

Last edited:
I'd be extremely surprised if the Jets went QB in the first round, even if someone high fell to them. The whole drama surrounding Rodgers in Green Bay was when they drafted Love. I think the Jets would be wise not to stir the pot the first year he's there.

Now I still think they could draft a QB later on in the 4th/5th round. Someone like Tanner McKee from Stanford to sit behind Rodgers. McKee is probably the most underrated QB in this draft.

I'd be extremely surprised if the Jets went QB in the first round, even if someone high fell to them. The whole drama surrounding Rodgers in Green Bay was when they drafted Love. I think the Jets would be wise not to stir the pot the first year he's there.

Now I still think they could draft a QB later on in the 4th/5th round. Someone like Tanner McKee from Stanford to sit behind Rodgers. McKee is probably the most underrated QB in this draft.

Yeah.....I hear ya, but I think Rodgers knows he's there for a year or, at most, two. It was a different situation when they drafted Love in 2020. I wouldn't want to climb into Aaron's head, but I think he might not mind that much. It's a different situation now. For all we know, he might want to mentor someone at this point....but....then.....maybe not. LOL

I don't think they'll go QB in the 1st, but it might be their best move if the guy they think is their future is still on the board. With Rodgers on board, their best move might be stud OT. If they are thinking QB, they can at least talk to Rodgers and get his input on it.

Last edited:
These mock drafts have Raiders going O-Line. They must want me to flip some tables lol. I get Jimmy G is the QB, but he is most likely a bridge for this year and possibly next. Oline isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Either go QB or defense with that 1st pick.

Aaron Rodgers wearing 8 is going to take some getting use to.

These mock drafts have Raiders going O-Line. They must want me to flip some tables lol. I get Jimmy G is the QB, but he is most likely a bridge for this year and possibly next. Oline isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Either go QB or defense with that 1st pick.

Aaron Rodgers wearing 8 is going to take some getting use to.

Yeah....I"d say if the QB you like is available, that's an option or the best CB is probably available. The whole QB thing is kind of dicey. Word is that Levis has been absolutely bombing his interviews. Words like immature (and he's older than most of the top QBs) and arrogant are being tossed around. Some people (I think some at CBS) have him going 2nd to the Texans. I just don't see it. I could see 4 QBs going by pick 7, but lasting no longer than 11 (Titans). Hooker, if I'm Minnesota, doesn't get past me if he's even available by then.

I'm kinda stoked about the draft. I've always loved watching it.

A lot of pressure on Jordan Love, especially because of who else was in the 2020 QB Class: Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Hurts.

A lot of pressure on Jordan Love, especially because of who else was in the 2020 QB Class: Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Hurts.
I think more of the pressure comes from who he's replacing. The Packers have had it pretty good at QB for a very long time and fans tend to not be that patient. Down here in LA, who wants to be the one replacing Vin Scully or John Wooden? LOL

I have read that McKee is as immobile as a statue but from I could see, he could move around a bit in the pocket and we still have those type of quarterbacks in the NFL. In fact we have a lot more of those types than we do the Lamar Jackson types.

Yay!!! It's draft day. All the speculation will soon be a thing of the past. I've been reading that a lot of people have the Texans going with Will Anderson at #2. I don't see that unless they are planning on trading up with their #12 pick.

Again, the key to me is Will Levis. I don;t think he is top 10 talent, but it is likely he will drafted in the top 10 because teams are desperate for a QB. The pick will have a ripple like effect through the first round. We will see which teams can fully exploit the situation.

Lions with the #6 pick, #18, #48 (#17 2nd round) and #55 (#24 2nd round).

Huge potential haul for them.

Again, the key to me is Will Levis. I don;t think he is top 10 talent, but it is likely he will drafted in the top 10 because teams are desperate for a QB. The pick will have a ripple like effect through the first round. We will see which teams can fully exploit the situation.
I see some "experts" having him go #1 (think Baker Mayfield LOL). Vegas has been dropping the odds dramatically on that happening; from 40:1 to 4:1. I don't see how Carolina passes on Young, but Stroud would also be reasonable. I don't think they would have moved up to #1 if they really wanted Levis.

Also curious where Bijan Robinson and Anthony Richardson end up. Some experts have Robinson pegged as a top 3 player in this draft, but because of the overwhelming prejudice against picking RBs high in the draft I don't see him going in the top 10. And Richardson stock appears to be falling -- that is a mistake. Some team will draft him late first round and get a major steal.

Also curious where Bijan Robinson and Anthony Richardson end up. Some experts have Robinson pegged as a top 3 player in this draft, but because of the overwhelming prejudice against picking RBs high in the draft I don't see him going in the top 10. And Richardson stock appears to be falling -- that is a mistake. Some team will draft him late first round and get a major steal.
I don't think he lasts late into round 1. Frankly, if I'm Tennessee, I'm all over him.

And it begins; AZ Cardinals looking to trade down from #3:

And it begins; AZ Cardinals looking to trade down from #3:

Great posts man.....I said all along that both Chicago and AZ should move down. With the teams needing QBs, they can get more draft capital and/or personnel and still get their guys on the defensive side of the ball. I didn't think Chicago would move down that far, but, man, did they get a haul and a half.

Lamar had ALL the leverage. He played this game just right and, if I recall correctly, he doesn't have an agent. That's an extra 5M per year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"