• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Offseason (Free Agency, Draft and Trades)

Having a clock for the #1 overall pick is so incredibly stupid. They're the first choice and the teams have had months to think about it. Start the draft with the announcement then get on with the second pick and the draft. No need to milk everyone's time.

Anyway, congrats to Bryce Young. Best of luck to him, but he's in a good spot given what the Panthers have done this offseason and their weak division.

Bryce is going to be a bust, too small too frail. Wow have Carolina screwed themselves this year -- first the Bears trade, now this.

Damn well Houston just won the draft!

EDIT: Holy cow the Texans just gave up Texas to get that #3 pick:
#12, #33 in 2023; a 1st rounder in 2024, a 3rd rounder in 2024.
Grats AZ

Last edited:
Fantastic draft so far. Colts shock the world with Anthony Richardson!

Lions HAVE to grab Jalen Carter at this point...don't they?

EDIT: AZ trades up to #6. Detroit gets AZ's #12 and #34. Lions stockpiling like its the Cold War.

AZ with the first mistake -- Paris Johnson Jr a reach at 6.

Eagles overjoyed to get Jalen Carter. Philly benefiting from Seattle's surprise pick and Arizona's reach.

Bears with a weird pick. Tons of good players falling to the 10-20 range.

Lol wut Detroit? Christian Gonzalez was just sitting there! Gibbs is talented, but at #12?

I'm surprised to hear the Commanders are not interested in taking a QB in the 1st round.

My surprise team that could go with Levis at this point is Minnesota. Put some pressure on Cousins.

Steelers with kind of a meh pick. Gonzalez falling.

Kyle Stickles, the Make a Wish kid announces the Jets 1st round pick. Philly fans boo. :funny:

Just kidding, but it would be funny.

And that is why they are the Patriots. How freakin' lucky is this team. Gonzalez a top ten player falling to NE at 17. Patriots fans gloating will be insufferable.

And that is why they are the Patriots. How freakin' lucky is this team. Gonzalez a top ten player falling to NE at 17. Patriots fans gloating will be insufferable.
@Ninjablade any comments. :funny:

That trade the Jets made to move down 2 spots really hurt and the Pats stuck in the knife (or whatever LOL) and twisted.

Not sure who has had the best first round, but the Lions have had the worst. What are they doing?

I agree. This team should have gone defense with both their picks. Gibbs is good, but it doesn't solve their terrible defense they had last year.

I agree. This team should have gone defense with both their picks. Gibbs is good, but it doesn't solve their terrible defense they had last year.

And they already have a couple of good RBs anyway. It wasn't a need.

And most people had LB Campbell rated as a 2nd rounder.

I'm sorry to say it, but their first round has been a disaster.

Seattle with a nice haul so far. Didn't think they'd get Jaxon Smith-Njigba at #20.

We're at pick 24, and still some elite players like Nolan Smith, Myles Murphy and Deonte Banks still available.

Ugh. I suspect Dallas will nab one of them.

Giants get a nice pick up with Deonte Banks at 24.

@Ninjablade any comments. :funny:

That trade the Jets made to move down 2 spots really hurt and the Pats stuck in the knife (or whatever LOL) and twisted.
Truthfully, I have not been following a lot of defensive players in the draft as much this offseason, so I'll have to defer to a lot of the reports I've been seeing from local guys that wanted him. Seems like a really good pick, and certainly fills an important need of taller corner. It was a huge issue last year. Hard to get excited by it honestly because, for the most part, corner is not a position I think Bill needs to draft in the early rounds. He's been pretty good at finding guys all over and coaching them up.

I would've preferred JSN or Zay Flowers because I think WR is a bigger and more important need considering their division. Their defense has been able to do enough against the rest of them, it's their offense that needs to get with the rest of the league and start actually scoring more points. They keep trying to win games in the teens, but that's just not how it is anymore. We'll see. I'm holding out hope that maybe with the acquired capital they can make an offer to the Broncos that's more appealing for JJ. They desperately need a playmaker somewhere on offense that isn't a freaking RB.

I'm just thankful that their stupid trade down was only a few spots and not into the late 20s in order to take some random linemen. That I just do not need.

Myles Murphy to Cinci. Bengals fans are going to be p*ssed, because they wanted a TE, but that's actually a pretty sweet pick for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"