Batman Begins Nice Coat

Beelze said:
It's not really a corny line, if you think about it, though it is a mood-breaker for some, and nice extra for others. Rest assured, it would've sucked if the line had no history to it, but now it did. I like it. "Nice ride" was worse, because it was too random, and its placement was pretty bad - it was the final fight dammit, no comic relief allowed!
Precisely! :up:

Beelze said:
It's not really a corny line, if you think about it, though it is a mood-breaker for some, and nice extra for others. Rest assured, it would've sucked if the line had no history to it, but now it did. I like it. "Nice ride" was worse, because it was too random, and its placement was pretty bad - it was the final fight dammit, no comic relief allowed!
It's corny, far too coincidental, and, yes, a mood killer.

The hair on my arms stood up when Bale growled 'I'm Batman' followed by THAT score. Seriously, I could have cried with glee, everything was so perfect - the delivery, angle, lighting, mood, score. Then came 'Nice coat'...

i really didnt have a problem wif dat line....and can understand y sum ppl would not.....but i dont understand y ppl would hate it DAT much

Macphisto said:
It's corny, far too coincidental, and, yes, a mood killer.
I don't think it fits the definition of "corny" found here. I agree that it was a huge coincidence though.

yup this line sucks.

anywai, what's up with the big avatars? I want one.

1,000 posts= 50x50 avvy
3,000 posts= 75x75 avvy
6,000 posts= 100x100 avvy

HarleenQuinzel said:
1,000 posts= 50x50 avvy
3,000 posts= 75x75 avvy
6,000 posts= 100x100 avvy

You earned it. And you're everything but sad.

Beelze said:

My thoughts exactly...it takes you out of the moment. Oddly enough, I don't have a problem w/ "Nice ride"...:confused:

I am of the opinion that some fans are making much ado about nothing when they b***h about those lines. I didn't have a problem with any of them. Not like some of the lines in any of the other movies. (including Burton). Lines like "Eat floor, High fiber." or "Chill." make me wince.

It was poorly placed in the movie...there are times for corny lines, Batman's introduction to the world is not it.

i still dont see how its corny, youd say that to anyone on the street if they had a nice coat, in this case that was HIS coat,

i think the line is fine and you people are nuts for thinking its corny, maybe i watched Sin City too much.. "now thats one fine lookin coat you got there"

I don't know what it is. Batman doing comedy can work if it's meant to look out of place because... well he's the most serious no bull-sht superhero and him doing comedy is extra funny because it's against his normal attitude, but this didn't work for me at all.

heh

Ya know....even in some of the best Batman stories.....Bats gets some corny lines. Part of the fun of it all, I guess. They don't really bother me. He's not cracking one liners, and not making jokes about McDonalds or Superman or something...........

Wesyeed said:
I don't know what it is. Batman doing comedy can work if it's meant to look out of place because... well he's the most serious no bull-sht superhero and him doing comedy is extra funny because it's against his normal attitude, but this didn't work for me at all.

heh
I feel the same way.:(:up:

Bathead said:
Not like some of the lines in any of the other movies. (including Burton). Lines like "Eat floor, High fiber." or "Chill." make me wince.

How bout' in 89' when Bob goes, "Check his wallet..." Oh how I hate that line. :mad:

The guy's in a f***in BAT SUIT!

One Nate Seven said:
why does everyone dislike that line? when i heard it and everytime after i got chills.. the huge anticipation of when the darkknight comes to be... an after achieving victory after disppearingfor years he sees the last person he talked 2 in gotham..

it was like he was hinting that "hey its me, and im BACK, wont get tossed out of a club THIS time"

hard to explain but it baffles me why it can be percieved as "corny" or a one liner.. it looked like casual human to human interaction with no desire to be funny

Well, I wouldn't say it was actually meant to suggest that. But, no, I had no problem with line at all. In fact, that moment is on my top ten list of "Oh ****! Batman!" moments.

I love that part...I don't think theres anything wrong with it.

I don't see where there is anything wrong with it either. It was a serious moment. He didn't say it as a joke or anything. It's the irony of it all. A great scene! Now, if we look at the horrid Batman & Robin, those corney one liners were just AWFUL... Then again, the movie was **** anyhow.. "I want a car... Chicks dig the car..." BATMAN: This is why Superman works alone." NOUGH SAID...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"