Gotham Nicholas D'Agosto is Harvey Dent

A 22 year old isn't a Prosecutor (or Assistant District Attorney). A 22 year old is an intern. In order to graduate from law school, you need to get both an undergrad degree (four year program) and a law degree (three year program). While you can graduate from undergrad early, law school actually has mandatory time pretty much preventing that. 25 is the earliest realistic age with 26 or 27 more plausible.

Yeah. D'Agosto, both from his looks and his demeanor comes across as being younger than he is (34), but I don't think I'd necessarily be able to buy him as 22, and that's even before taking into consideration what his position will be. Mid/Late 20s, definitely.

People are making jokes about "two" references, but it would make sense, since Harvey Dent is obsessed with duality, specifically the number 2. At least he used to be.

People are making jokes about "two" references, but it would make sense, since Harvey Dent is obsessed with duality, specifically the number 2. At least he used to be.

Gee, didn't know that. :shr:

So it's official now.Every male Batman villain has to be at least 10 years older than Bruce.:whatever:

Why wasn't Bruce himself just made 30 when his parents were murdered? :o

People would complain about it being a kiddy show if the villains were all the same age as Bruce. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

People would complain about it being a kiddy show if the villains were all the same age as Bruce. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

Yep. Just like...

Episode 1 - "Bruce screaming over his dead parents?... So not Batman. Lame!"
Episode 2 - "Bruce acting more like Batman than a young, grieving kid? Lame!"

Alright, guys. :o

The only Batman villains that I expected to be at least a decade older than him (excluding Ra's,of course) was Scarecrow and Mr Freeze.Penguin maybe a few years older than him.But all the others I figured to be his age or younger than him.

Dent would've been an Ideal character to have at Bruce's age.He's going to have to interact with someone his own age eventually. Unfortunately,it appears they want to introduce him to Seli-excuse me-"Cat" for those types of interactions.

They're basically going the Smallville route i.e. Clark meets all his baddies before he becomes Superman. By the time the series ended he'd met Lex, Zod, Brainiac, Doomsday,Metallo, Bizzaro , Darkseid, etc. before he became Superman. They wanna have a Gotham central esque show while still being a Batman series so we're gonna get basically adult versions of these villains while Bruce still has to be a child.

They're basically going the Smallville route i.e. Clark meets all his baddies before he becomes Superman. By the time the series ended he'd met Lex, Zod, Brainiac, Doomsday,Metallo, Bizzaro , Darkseid, etc. before he became Superman. They wanna have a Gotham central esque show while still being a Batman series so we're gonna get basically adult versions of these villains while Bruce still has to be a child.

I don't necessarily think Bruce is going to encounter all of them. Gordon, yeah, since he's the main character, but cops often encounter other law folk, criminals, and street orphans. The thing about Smallville was all of the villains were introduced, fully realized, and defeated before he even put on the cape. Not that they happened to be there too.

I don't necessarily think Bruce is going to encounter all of them. Gordon, yeah, since he's the main character, but cops often encounter other law folk, criminals, and street orphans. The thing about Smallville was all of the villains were introduced, fully realized, and defeated before he even put on the cape. Not that they happened to be there too.

No but its the same idea of bringing on well known villains before we see them take on their arch enemy. The producers are making the same calculation that they'll get more viewers by throwing fan and GA favorites. I don't think that's really debatable. Sure we would assume that several of the rogues gallery would already be in Gotham around this time but they could just as easily have Gotham focus just the mob and street level hoods who have no freaks. That ain't gonna happen, and the producer stated that wasn't their intention from the beginning, to be fair to them. We're gonna see alot of Batman's rogues in pre-costume form and the producers are gonna make it pretty clear who they are so the GA knows to tune in.

Now me personally I don't have a problem with that but ,the complaint from seems to be that you have alot of Bruce's rogues gallary A) Basically already being the characters we know them as once Batman arrives minus the costumes, and B) many villains who have been previously portrayed as being around , or in Bruce's age group, all being adults .

I

Set pic of Gordon and Harvey Dent...

BzW9xe7IEAA1jkd.jpg

The only Batman villains that I expected to be at least a decade older than him (excluding Ra's,of course) was Scarecrow and Mr Freeze.Penguin maybe a few years older than him.But all the others I figured to be his age or younger than him.

Dent would've been an Ideal character to have at Bruce's age.He's going to have to interact with someone his own age eventually. Unfortunately,it appears they want to introduce him to Seli-excuse me-"Cat" for those types of interactions.

Dent's most important relationship was with Gordon, so I'm okay with him being older. I'm just hoping Bruce gets to hang out with his good friend Tommy Elliot sooner than later.

Yep. Just like...

Episode 1 - "Bruce screaming over his dead parents?... So not Batman. Lame!"
Episode 2 - "Bruce acting more like Batman than a young, grieving kid? Lame!"

Alright, guys. :o

Batman no screamingz

:o

If Harvey is, say, 25, and Bruce becomes Batman in 15 years (so 27ish) that puts Dent at 40. Which... you guys are making it sound ancient. That's when a lot of men are at their most attractive! And especially for a career in law/politics, 40 is not that old.

I meant to type 40, oops. I'm actually on your side.

My guess as to why this casting is that Ivy and Selina are known for having romantic tension with Batman, which would be weird if there was too much of an age difference. By contrast, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face et al are decidedly not competing for Batman's affections, so it's not as much of a problem for them to be older than him.

What the hell happened to this guy?

Same thing that happened to Montoya and Allen. :o

Seriously speaking, if I'm remembering this right, the actor's got a prominent role in another show now. No idea if they'll bring him back.

I think it's just one of those things where you've got an ensemble of a dozen or so castmembers and you want to keep a hold on this actor you really like, but there's only so much room and, before you know it, that actor has gotten like one episode of material in a 10-episode span.

I have to imagine they had ideas for Dent's journey in the series, so I'd think him popping back up isn't outside the realm of possibility. His new show is certainly a hang-up, but you never know with scheduling. Or even recasting the part entirely, tbh.

I think it's just one of those things where you've got an ensemble of a dozen or so castmembers and you want to keep a hold on this actor you really like, but there's only so much room and, before you know it, that actor has gotten like one episode of material in a 10-episode span.

I have to imagine they had ideas for Dent's journey in the series, so I'd think him popping back up isn't outside the realm of possibility. His new show is certainly a hang-up, but you never know with scheduling. Or even recasting the part entirely, tbh.

Yeah you're provably right, tbh I would have preferred it if Harvey had been similar age to Bruce. Maybe they'll pull something on us and have it so Harvey has a son about Bruce's age. Little Harvey Jr, maybe he and his missus had him very young. Just a though.

He's playing a lawyer on an immensely funny sitcom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"