Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 8 "The Mask" General Discussion

This Alfred is probably my favorite live-action Alfred yet.

Because we all know Alfred doesn't engage in any "enabling" behavior in the comics...

Their take on Alfred is spot on, so far.

The monologue's Cain had in Rises summed up the character for me. He'd help Bruce more out of fear of what might happen to Bruce if he didn't but was constantly torn about it.

Alfred was far more tolerable in the most recent episode but they've come at him from an angle I really dislike. The earth 1 Alfred is as bad as the All-Star Goddamn Batman for me. They've taken the idea that Alfred had military training and can look after himself and just gone way to far and ott with it. I'm of the opinion that 'less is more'. The creators of this show clearly don't.

I really like Alfred in batman earth one. That scene where he says "I'm your buttler" is really moving.

This Alfred is one of the few changes I actually really like. Growing up in a dangerous place like Gotham, it would make sense for the Wayne's to hire someone that can protect Bruce.

This episode wasn't as good as the last two IMO. This one could have been really good with Black Mask...but it wasn't as tight as the other two. Alfred is growing on me and it was nice to see Bruce beat Tommy down.

Love seeing BenMcK Gordon develop into the Gordon we know and love. The former military bad ass with a heart of gold who is still far from perfect.

Best scenes were Bruce & Alfred and Bruce beating Tommy. I guess this episode was ok.

While I didn't really care for the Penguin or the Fish Mooney scenes I thought the case Gordon was investigating was interesting. Nice to see Todd Stashwick show up as Black Mask. The kid who plays Tommy Elliot is pretty creepy and seeing Bruce punch him in the face was kind of satisfying.

I just saw this and really, really liked it. This might be my favorite episode of the show so far. The stuff with Alfred and Bruce was incredible. It actually got me pumped, which is the first time that storyline has done it for me. I also really get a kick of how Gordon reacts to seeing Selina. Every time it is like he had a heart attack. :funny:

Sadly though Barbara is getting really annoying. Lovely actress who can act, but the character is getting a bit stupid. And that is saying something on the same show as Idiot Gordon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"