Gotham Nicholas D'Agosto is Harvey Dent

It's kind of silly to complain about a District Attorney being 40 something. He's an Assistant DA in his mid to late twenties. It makes perfect sense in context.

I don't care so much about Bruce and Harvey's relationship. I care more about Gordon and Dent's, and we're going to see it unfold in grand fashion, and probably not without their share of conflict. I can't wait.
You've just cracked why he's older now.

If Bruce is 12 and Harvey is 22, that is not much of an age gap. If Bruce becomes Batman at 20, Harvey will be 30. Harvey is still in his prime as Bruce just begins. Seems like the perfect formidable opponent to get Batman off to a heroic start.

A 22 year old isn't a Prosecutor (or Assistant District Attorney). A 22 year old is an intern. In order to graduate from law school, you need to get both an undergrad degree (four year program) and a law degree (three year program). While you can graduate from undergrad early, law school actually has mandatory time pretty much preventing that. 25 is the earliest realistic age with 26 or 27 more plausible.

Also doesn't mean it's a bad change, or one that you won't grow to accept. :up:

It is a bad change because it unnecessarily alters a dynamic between Bruce and Harvey both being young up and coming crime fighters from different aspects of the law.

So far the only two villains whom have been shown as children are female (Ivy and Catwoman) because both are supposed to be young beautiful and sexy when they become villains.

Everyone else is going to have at least 20 years on Bruce just so the show can introduce them all early. Penguin's the only one it really works for with the character since he's always been older than Batman by at least 20 years.

TLJ was an older Two-Face and that didn't matter.

That's because Schumacher's Two Face had MUCH bigger problems than his age, like being a walking camp fest always trying to out ham Carey's Riddler, always flipping his coin to make one decision, and generally being appallingly acted by Jones. His Harvey Dent was non existent in the movie.

I mean really going to the Schumacher movies for a defense...

Last edited:
But asides that, I liked Bruce's conflict over Harvey and them both considering themselves close personal friends...Despite the age gap.

And I love BF :(

That was non existent in the movie. Never explored or even referenced at all except for one passing line by Dent ("Thank you, you've always been a good friend") just before he died at the end.

It came from Bruce though.
But like you said, more emphasis was on TF's campiness :o

It didn't come from Bruce. Dent said that.

No, the stuff with Bruce. His conflict and relationship with Harvey.

And when Harvey did think of Bruce again, after knowing he was Batman, he was more than happy to kill him, without a second thought!

It's like the series makers are taking no consideration to think what ages these characters will be when Batman hits his 20's.

No, the stuff with Bruce. His conflict and relationship with Harvey. !

What conflict and relationship with Harvey? What movie were you watching? Name me key scenes that explored this. There was none. He was just an enemy trying to kill him over and over. It became like the Coyote and the Roadrunner. Cartoonish.

Until the final scene where Dent said Bruce had always been a good friend you'd have had no idea they ever had a prior existing friendship at all.

And when Harvey did think of Bruce again, after knowing he was Batman, he was more than happy to kill him, without a second thought

Yeah so?

Last edited:
To be fair, the Harvey/Bruce relationship is more rooted in the comics than the movie but with the age cap it certainly wont happen in this TV series.

What conflict and relationship with Harvey? What movie were you watching? Name me key scenes that explored this. There was none. He was just an enemy trying to kill him over and over. It became like the Coyote and the Roadrunner. Cartoonish.

Until the final scene where Dent said Bruce had always been a good friend you'd have had no idea they ever had a prior existing friendship at all.

Yeah so?

why-do-you-hate-me1.jpg

So everybody is older than Bruce in this show? When he becomes Batman, Harveys gonna be 50 years old. This show is the worst.

Not really. Harvey looks to be, at most, his low twenties. So when Bruce becomes Batman, he'll be in his 50s.

This is not a show about Batman, hence the age gaps between Bruce and the villains.

Not really. Harvey looks to be, at most, his low twenties. So when Bruce becomes Batman, he'll be in his 50s.

If Harvey is, say, 25, and Bruce becomes Batman in 15 years (so 27ish) that puts Dent at 40. Which... you guys are making it sound ancient. That's when a lot of men are at their most attractive! And especially for a career in law/politics, 40 is not that old.

40 yr old Two Face is very believable. All the teens and 20 something's posting in this thread need to trust us old timers on this one. :)

It's like the series makers are taking no consideration to think what ages these characters will be when Batman hits his 20's.

Probably because this show is more about Gordon than Batman.

Can't wait for the clever name drop line!

"I'm not what I seem. Even a coin has...two faces." /commercial

Nah, more like

"Harvey Dent, man of many faces."

"No. Just one or two."

Caruso.... out

Now, we'll know the full story behind this scene...

[YT]5LU4l4tw5ks[/YT]

I'm sure in all of Harvey's scenes the lighting is gonna be adjusted so that theres always a shadow covering half of his face. Cause, you know, foreshadowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"