Nick Fury actor preference.

I really think that Nick Fury would follow the ultimate version..i think the reason he was made black was with Sam jackson and movies in mind

So i would cast Avery Brooks.

logansoldcigar said:
I really think that Nick Fury would follow the ultimate version..i think the reason he was made black was with Sam jackson and movies in mind

So i would cast Avery Brooks.

While I prefer that they use the original Nick Fury, if they were going to go with the Ultimate version, I would be exceedingly happy with Avery Brooks. That man is ten times the actor that Sam Jackson is.

I hate Sam Jackson as an actor. I think he's way overrated. His angry black man routine gets old and tired. Unfortunately the angry black guy might be what tthey are aiming for especially with the Ultimates version so he'd probably get it if they do make a film. bah

I like traditional white Fury better. I guess I'm old fashioned. or racist. take your pic.

Ronny Shade said:
I like traditional white Fury better. I guess I'm old fashioned. or racist. take your pic.

An old fahsioned racist.

Ronny Shade said:
I like traditional white Fury better. I guess I'm old fashioned.
truth to tell so do i

My choices for Nick Fury:
(in no particular order)
Mel Gibson
Samuel L. Jackson
Bruce Willis
Denis Quade

I think George Clooney should be cast as Nick Fury I think he can pull it off...

after i made this thread I learned that Avi Arad ruled out basing the Nick Fury movie on his "Ultimate" appearance. He's going to be white. I really wouldn't mind someone starting another poll that excludes Jackson.

What about Kurt Russell?

Personally I'd prefer the original Nick Fury not the Ultimate version.

If they were doing the Ultimate I would like to see Avery Brooks as well.

Why did they make Fury black for the Ultimates? I mean he was supposed to be around for WW2 and he wouldn't really get far in the military at that time, hell he may not of even been fighting.

Just curious if anyone knows the reason for the change.

Mrh7448 said:
What about Kurt Russell?

Personally I'd prefer the original Nick Fury not the Ultimate version.

If they were doing the Ultimate I would like to see Avery Brooks as well.

Why did they make Fury black for the Ultimates? I mean he was supposed to be around for WW2 and he wouldn't really get far in the military at that time, hell he may not of even been fighting.

Just curious if anyone knows the reason for the change.

Kurt Russell is one of the most popular ridiculous suggestions in all of fan casting. It has no chance of happening because Fury looks and acts almost the exact same as Snake Plisken. It would be like having the same actress playing Morticia Adams and Lily Munster. People who haven't already worn an eyepatch and toted a gun in the same movie can in fact do it in this one, just as, along the same line of logic, people who haven't been a sword/sandal/elf type movie can play Thor.

BT18 said:
Kurt Russell is one of the most popular ridiculous suggestions in all of fan casting. It has no chance of happening because Fury looks and acts almost the exact same as Snake Plisken. It would be like having the same actress playing Morticia Adams and Lily Munster. People who haven't already worn an eyepatch and toted a gun in the same movie can in fact do it in this one, just as, along the same line of logic, people who haven't been a sword/sandal/elf type movie can play Thor.

If I thought he would be a bad call I wouldn't have said Russell, he's older now and can pull of the gruffness. That's not to say he would be perfect for it, just because he played a similar character shouldn't preclude him from Fury either, not that I think they'll give it to him. He's no longer the draw as an action hero he once was.

BT18 said:
I
17616323617.gif
Jeff Couroh (spelling?) as Nick Fury....you little b*tch that would be f**kin awesome.

agreed. kurt russell is my a-1 choice of the year for the eyepatch.

Why am i the only one who voted Jack Nickolson!?!
Hes such a goood actor and if he loses a little weight he'd be perfect! He's just like him
Secritive
Protective (of the ones he loves)
Doesn't like anyone
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinkfloydstarr said:
Why am i the only one who voted Jack Nickolson!?!
Hes such a goood actor and if he loses a little wait he'd be perfect! He's just like him
Secritive
Protective (of the ones he loves)
Doesn't like anyone
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack's too old and out of shape to play the part. It is 100 % out of the question for him to even to make the weakest of attempts to assertain the approximate physical shape for the role, plus I don't think he'd be willing to do another comic book movie unless he gets a salary similar to what he received back in 1989 when he did Batman.

Gary Sinise
Ray Liotta
Kiefer Sutherland
Viggo Mortensen

David Hasselhoff.

Viggo or Russell could be good, too.

Weadazoid said:
THere can only be one

And his name is not on the list

And his name is Clint Eastwood, and clearly he should direct as well, and if none of you can see this you are wankers.. LOL

just kidding, but I do think Clint would make the ideal Nick Fury, even if he is old, Nick was always protrayed as older.

I am with you on this one unless they went Ultimate. In that case Sam Jackson or Lawrence Fishburne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"