Nicolas Cage to get.....Left Behind

I'm oddly disappointed that Ashley Tisdale is in this (and Scary Movie 5, for what it's worth.) I still maintain that she's much more talented than most of the crap she's been in. Unfortunately she's mostly been in crap. :(

I just don't understand how anyone can approach this concept seriously.
The story itself, or the idea of a reboot starring Cage?

As far as the story is concerned, its actually quite good if one let's whatever religious bias they have go while reading. The first few books are a little slower, but there are great character arcs and a lot of intense scenes, both from a dramatic and action stand point. As a whole, the books cover a wide range of genres pretty effectively: the apocalypse, political intrigue, espionage, romance, war, mystery, etc without losing the human perspective that a lot of Hollywood films tend to do.

If anyone is basing the story's quality on the original films, you're definitely doing yourself a disservice. That being said, I don't expect this reboot to be any better than the first films.

Last edited:
Hopefully he'll play the Anti-Christ. Should give him a good enough excuse to ham it up.

The pilot is not the Anti-Christ, so that takes that idea out.

Nic Cage should play God, walking around the planet with a flame-thrower single handedly causing the rapture yelling "WHY COULDN'T YOU PEOPLE ALL JUST GET ALONG!"

Looking forward to this if done right. But it can easily go wrong and turn into a bad movie.

I hope this is good and the message doesn't lost. I loved the original series and loved how in that movie they made it no secret that this was a Christan movie. I hope this movie does the same and I hope and pray that it reaches some people. Being a Christan myself I pray all the time for the people who may be left behind. Because from how the bible tells it the end times will make WW II look like a picnic.

left_behind_poster1-620x918.jpg

The building above the plane looks like a lightsabre.

It should be like a real life version of Bowfinger. They should tell Cage that the rapture accrued and film his reaction.

Is Cage walking on water there? At first I thought it was sand, but if you look closely at it, it looks like dirty water...

That isn't real.... is it? :csad:

I am a christian, and i hated those and almost ALL "christian" movies...(except Veggie Tales, those movies are always great)

the best part of the original movie was when this jewish rabbi rend his clothes and crid "BLASPHEMYYYYYY!" my ex and i laughed SO HARD. We added that scene to our random responses to something we didn't like.

What's veggie tales?
It's a cgi kids series, with talking vegetables from the 90s. It's not overly religious, mostly just teaching kids everyday lessons about being decent human beings, with a little bible-based intro/wrap up.

It's actually quite funny in a lighthearted, wholesome way. They play it pretty self aware as well - a song in one episode got a lot of flak from parents, and the characters make jokes/comments about it in various other episodes, and most of the locations take place on a kitchen counter with cardboard cut-outs used as scenery. Larry the Cucumber is great. His sing a long episode "Silly Songs with Larry" is golden, especially the songs "I Love My Lips", "Where is My Hair Brush", and "Everybody Wants A Water Buffalo".

Last edited:
I too like Nicolas Cage.

But, cannot I imagine that he has signed up to a series of movies playing the character Rayford Steel!

So will the producers try to make a one-off film about the Left Behind books?

Being a Christian also, this may be the ACTUAL last chance to present G-d's message to a world system that may soon be in its final throes!

I'm a christian also but I'm skeptical about this. Nic cage? Really? lol
But the books were good. Movie could turn out to be too

This should be a train wreck of epic- excuse me, Biblical proportions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"