Nicolas Cage to get.....Left Behind

As a Christian I just hope they keep it true to form and don't change things around. I would have preferred for the actors in the movies to be people who would show they lived by the bible in their personal life and works like the original cast did because it is hard to take this movie and the message of this movie seriously if one moment you are telling people to live by the bible and the next doing stuff that goes against that.

These books are excellent for Christians who believe in it and as just a great series... but it is such a monumental undertaking that I don't think they will be able to do it justice. I need to reread the series soon.

It's a cgi kids series, with talking vegetables from the 90s. It's not overly religious, mostly just teaching kids everyday lessons about being decent human beings, with a little bible-based intro/wrap up.

It's actually quite funny in a lighthearted, wholesome way. They play it pretty self aware as well - a song in one episode got a lot of flak from parents, and the characters make jokes/comments about it in various other episodes, and most of the locations take place on a kitchen counter with cardboard cut-outs used as scenery. Larry the Cucumber is great. His sing a long episode "Silly Songs with Larry" is golden, especially the songs "I Love My Lips", "Where is My Hair Brush", and "Everybody Wants A Water Buffalo".

I now want to see a live action version of Veggie Tales with Nic Cage as Larry the Cucumber and Bob Hoskins or John Goodman as Bob the Tomato.

As a Christian I just hope they keep it true to form and don't change things around. I would have preferred for the actors in the movies to be people who would show they lived by the bible in their personal life and works like the original cast did because it is hard to take this movie and the message of this movie seriously if one moment you are telling people to live by the bible and the next doing stuff that goes against that.

To the contrary, I would say it's hard to take the original movie seriously.

What matters is acting ability, not their personal life. Would the Harry Potter films been better if they only cast people who believed that magical spells were real?

To the contrary, I would say it's hard to take the original movie seriously.

What matters is acting ability, not their personal life. Would the Harry Potter films been better if they only cast people who believed that magical spells were real?
No because it is a whole different subject. You can't talk about or tell people that they need to believe in God and that God is the only way and not follow or live that yourself. That's what makes the books important and what made the other movies important because it was done by Christians who not only talked the talk but walked it as well. That's my main issue because if you don't do that people will be more dismissive of it. It's like a person telling you not kill while stabbing or shooting a man right in front of you. I just think the message would get across more because I for some reason see this movie being watered down because so many people will either complain or protest the movie because of strong the Christian life is shown. Much like how people protest companies,writers, people and churches that believe a marriage should be of a man and woman only.

I just want to see a crazed, bible-thumping nick cage raving about the rapture. That is what will make me see this movie.

No because it is a whole different subject. You can't talk about or tell people that they need to believe in God and that God is the only way and not follow or live that yourself.

There's a difference between preaching and telling a story, and telling an audience something you don't necessarily believe yourself in service of telling a story is exactly what acting is.

That's what makes the books important and what made the other movies important because it was done by Christians who not only talked the talk but walked it as well. That's my main issue because if you don't do that people will be more dismissive of it.

Prince of Egypt didn't have very many Jewish or Christian actors in it, but I don't think many people have dismissed it on that basis.

I just think the message would get across more because I for some reason see this movie being watered down because so many people will either complain or protest the movie because of strong the Christian life is shown.

Since it looks like you missed a word in there I'm not sure if you were saying there would be a strong amount of Christian life in the film or if the film would portray Christianity as a strong life, but either way when have people ever protested a film because it showed Christianity as a positive thing?

I think that the reason that most Christian films aren't very popular is because so much focus is put on the message that the story and characters suffer. I think the key to making a good Christian film is to model it somewhat after what Greek mythology movies have done. None of the Greek myth movies try to convince us that Zeus and all the other gods exist and live on Mount Olympus, it's just portrayed as a fact of the story that they exist. The filmmakers know that we can suspend our disbelief and allow things we don't believe in real life to be true in the world of the movie. If you want a Christian movie to be a success, don't preach to the audience, just establish that in the world of the film God exists and Jesus is his son and move on with the plot. People who believe will enjoy the movie and people of other faiths (or lack thereof) can still enjoy the movie without feeling they just sat in on a sermon.

I just want to see a crazed, bible-thumping nick cage raving about the rapture. That is what will make me see this movie.

cage-gifs-monster.gif

Looks like all that talking to myself before bed paid off. This movie will be glorious to behold.

The Left Behind series makes it pretty obvious it's writers either haven't read the Bible or are bad at reading comprehension.

The Left Behind series makes it pretty obvious it's writers either haven't read the Bible or are bad at reading comprehension.

Well Jerry Jenkins is the actual author of the books so that is a possibility that he never read the Bible. While Tim is a minister so I'm sure he has.

The events in the books are a fictionalized version of the prophecies that a few different church sects have interpreted from revelations. As a Mod I thought you'd be better then just to openly flame bait an entire section of a religion, though I hand it to you for being able to do so with just one sentence.

Wasn't trying to flame bait anyone. I'm allowed to have my own opinion.

I don't see how Schlosser is flame baiting anyone. If anything, Schlosser is saying the Left Behind books suck and don't interpret the Bible correctly. Not that people who believe in the rapture are morons. I don't read that in that post at all, Tanin.

*shrug* I'll just leave it be and move on then.

As for the film. Looks like another bad adaption :(

What I was getting at was my opinion--which I've also heard from some of my Christian friends--that Left Behind misinterprets some of what the Bible says about the Rapture, not making any comment about the validity of the Rapture itself...

What I was getting at was my opinion--which I've also heard from some of my Christian friends--that Left Behind misinterprets some of what the Bible says about the Rapture, not making any comment about the validity of the Rapture itself...

Hey I misunderstood you.. it's okay... I have Aspergers so it happens all the time with me. I just wanted to be sure a mod wasn't going on some power hungry trip or meltdown.

And yea the books make a lot of errors. (Still a fun read though)

I love the whole concept of the aftermath of a rapture. I hope this movie is at least decent

I think this Left Behind movie will strictly cover the rapture and events shortly after it. I understand that the antichrist Nicolae Carpathia will not be making an appearance.

LMAO this looks awful.

They should have included Kirk Cameron in this version though. If you put him and Cage in the same movie, the combined amount of bad acting would shatter the fabric of reality.

So the movie would become reality then?

I'm not seeing this movie, but I want that poster on the ceiling above my bed.

Someone needs to photoshop Godzilla into the city on that poster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"