"Ninety Nine Nights--MEDIOCRE" (Gamespot and IGN)

It looked like crap from the beginning.
Why not just call Dynasty Warriors 53?

Avalanche said:
A whole bunch of crap that says either "I didn't read" or "I read, but lack the mental dexterity to grasp the words that are said to me". Either way, I'm an idiot.
I really don't know when the "if you can't argue with what they said, make up something they didn't say and argue with that instead!" line of thinking became so popular, but I really wish I could go back in time and stop that from happening, because it's made the internet much less enjoyable, no matter how easy it's made idiots (thats you) to spot. It's amazing, you really "just don't get it", do you? This isn't about the amount of animations in Tomb Raider as opposed to Pong you dip****, I mean, wow, I can't even grasp how something so stupid could honestly be typed up as a response without some sort of ":o" or ":D" to indicate that it was all a joke. In Pong, no matter what, you are always doing the exact same thing you did just a minute ago. In Tomb Raider, no matter what, you are always doing the exact same thing you just did a minute ago. In Halo, in Ninja Gaiden, in Splinter Cell, in Perfect Dark Zero, you are always doing the exact same thing you just did a minute ago. It's not about the fact that I can jump in Halo and I can't jump in PDZ, that doesn't add any variety what so ever, I mean, I can't even begin to describe how stupid you'd have to be to honestly think that something like the ability to "crawl" in Tomb Raider makes the game less repetitive, it's jaw dropping that you would think this. There is no ****ing argument here, so far the entire thing has been me correctly stating that all games feature you doing the same thing over and over, and you totally misunderstanding and going off on some idiotic rant about Tomb Raider's movement animation. If you are going to reply, at least reply to something that is even half way relevant to what's being discussed. Or better yet, you can always go be enthralled by the sheer variety Tomb Raider offers. Jumping, walking, crawling, what a game...

Manny Calavera said:
In Pong, no matter what, you are always doing the exact same thing you did just a minute ago. In Tomb Raider, no matter what, you are always doing the exact same thing you just did a minute ago.
I'm beginning to think you're just being silly now. Adopting the sweeping statement that in any game you will always be doing exactly the same thing you just did a minute ago is a plainly wrong thing to suggest.

In Pong, yes, a minute later, I am still moving my pixel up or down to deflect a pixel. In Tomb Raider I was swimming underwater to pull a lever, opening an underwater gate for me to swim through. A minute later I'm flipping backwards as I shoot a T-Rex. A few more minutes later I'm fleeing an enemy in a jeep. Perhaps a little later I might watch a cutscene. They aren't the exact same thing as far as I'm aware. Each are different things. So yes, no doubt at some point I'll swim once again, and I'll shoot something else. Maybe solve another puzzle. Nonetheless, amidst the repetition I have done a greater variety of things, and thus the game feels less repetitive.

I am actually not even going to debate this any further with you. You lack the reasoning ability, or just the general common sense that an ordinary person wields if you're unable to differentiate between the repetition levels in a game like Pong and a game like Tomb Raider.

If you're saying daft things to be sensationalist, then har har, and if not, you poor man. How does the world look from in there?

Manny Calavera said:
No, they actually aren't. "Repetitive" and the save system are pretty much their only arguments, and when you think about it, only the save system is legit. Repetitive can be applied to ANY game. All you do in Mario is jump around. Everything in GTA comes down to stealing a car, wrecking it, shooting someone, saving, and getting the next mission so you can "repeat" the same thing. All you do in Halo is just pull the r trigger when your cursor turns red, over and over and over...and I could keep going with pretty much every game ever made. N3 is a good game, and besides, hack and slash games NEVER get great reviews, regardless of how fun they may be.

Ok I know you like to cover for your home team but it won't kill you to actually READ the reviews next time.
lol.gif

Avalanche said:
Everyone stay with me as I attempt to set a world record for most times someone has failed to understand a basic point
Ok, I'm going to try and keep this short so that you don't get lost in the midst of it all, or confused or whatever is happening to you. This is not about how repetitive pong is compared to something else. The point was, before you came in and gave everyone a ******* of ignorance, that all games are repetitive by their very nature, it's something present in EVERY game, making it an invalid complaint, like saying "I have to interact with the machine to play, how dumb". If you honestly don't understand this, then please, by all means, stop posting. Stop trying to come off as "smart" but instead coming off as, well, someone who has to try to come off as smart, stop with the condescending-while-I-write-a-failure-of-a-post crap reminiscent of a spiderdogg or an oregondude, and most of all, stop with the "I'll just make up my own debate and argue along with that" crap. At the end of the day, and you need to read this as many times as it takes to get it through your ****ing dense head, you are wrong. Games are repetitive. Tomb Raider is just the same group of actions over and over until the game is over. Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Splinter Cell, it's the same **** for the entirety of the game. They don't suddenly change genre's midway to keep it from being "repetitive", they don't have "design lead switch off day" back at the studio where all the lead designers have a crack at each other's games to add some variety you ****ing moron. You are wrong. If they didn't like N3, I couldn't care less, I've liked games that haven't been well received in the past, I really don't care. Repetitive is not a valid complaint. End of ****ing discussion.

Zenien said:
Ok I know you like to cover for your home team but it won't kill you to actually READ the reviews next time.
lol.gif
Ok I know you posted the reviews based on their numbers alone and it's very likely that you didn't read them yourself, so stop disagreeing with me for the sake of it and stop with this ridiculous vendetta against the game because WHF said Heavenly Sword looked like dog ****
lol.gif

Denton said:
Ok I know you posted the reviews based on their numbers alone and it's very likely that you didn't read them yourself, so stop disagreeing with me for the sake of it and stop with this ridiculous vendetta against the game because WHF said Heavenly Sword looked like dog ***
lol.gif

Ok because I obviously haven't been reading the reviews when I highlighted individual parts of them. I mean I totally just copied and pasted and pasted the entiore thing and slapped some funky formating on the score. So stop trying to defend this game for the sake of it playing inside the 360 just because you don't want to admit that the game I called as mediocore from day one, while you and others proceeded to believe was actually something special, turned out to be dog **** exactly like I said.
lol.gif

Think you're any better? You're saying that games that are getting glowing previews will be ****. Just cause their on 360. You're just as worse as I am.

Zenien said:
Ok because I obviously haven't been reading the reviews when I highlighted individual parts of them. I mean I totally just copied and pasted and pasted the entiore thing and slapped some funky formating on the score. So stop trying to defend this game for the sake of it playing inside the 360 just because you don't want to admit that the game I called as mediocore from day one, while you and others proceeded to believe was actually something special, turned out to be dog **** exactly like I said.
lol.gif
Skimming for bad parts ≠ Reading zenien, and regardless, it wouldn't be out of the question for you to have just hit the quote button, ctrl-a, ctrl-c, and then came over to ctrl-v it for all of us to read without ever having done so yourself. Regardless, if you DID read them, they weren't nearly as negative as you love to claim (I guess this is your vengeance for killzone or something, I don't know), and more importantly, I enjoy the game. I know you love to think that I'll do anything to support the 360 and that I'm some huge MS fanboy and stuff (which is why I trash Gears of War and Oblivion, it's two most hyped games, every chance I get), but that isn't what's going on here Zenien. Believe it or not, N3 really is a fun game, and believe it or not, I really do enjoy playing it. I'm sorry, but the game you called "dog ****" from day one, the day where no information was available save for the system it was for (hence your prediction), turned out to be pretty fun. Get over it, it's not the first time it happened.

Did YOU read the reviews, there's a lot more wrong with the game then the saving system and the anture of it being a ahck n slash. Maybe little things like bland environments, so-so graphics, stutturing framrates, broken hit detection, paper thin gameplay even for a hack n slash, boring characters, boring story, broken ally AI that can't even attack the enemy properly or deal any damage...

Butbubutbut it has nice musc and saturated color effects, even those the flashier attacks work less well then button mashing X and Y!1111

Denton said:
But I had fun!

Crap it's the mario sunshine fallout all over again
lol.gif

TheCardPlayer said:
Think you're any better? You're saying that games that are getting glowing previews will be ****. Just cause their on 360. You're just as worse as I am.

That's rich, I have the virtue of the japanese review scores and detailed import reviews, all you have is what, exactly?

I ran up to my dog just now and ejaculated all over his face for the fun of it :up:

I guess Zenien's in a rage over something else and isn't in the mood for making sense. Mario sunshine fallout, what are you talking about? :o

Axid said:
I ran up to my dog just now and ejaculated all over his face for the fun of it :up:
I really hope you buy that XNA thing, I want to play the types of games you'd make :(

Zenien said:
That's rich, I have the virtue of the japanese review scores and detailed import reviews, all you have is what, exactly?
Show me these scores and reviews then.

Look back on 1UP Show, as for the rest, find them yourself.

Actually one 1Up gave the game a pretty positive preview.

Manny Calavera said:
I really hope you buy that XNA thing, I want to play the types of games you'd make :(

First one will be an X-men game with Senor Xavier speeding around in his wheelchair, weilding a katana.

My second project will be titled "Resistance: Fall of Zenien". An epic FPS showcasing my true artistic abilities by perfectly capturing her Canadian ways as she leads her army of Eskimos against Las Vegas for some gay reason like lack of Mexican prostitutes in her land. You will have a huge assortment of weapons to choose from. P90, Uzi, Excalibur *****s, etc.

Previews are usually positive. 1UPshow said Star Ocean 3 was practically better, it was season 1 or so. Import review.

Axid said:
First one will be an X-men game with Senor Xavier speeding around in his wheelchair, weilding a katana.

My second project will be titled "Resistance: Fall of Zenien". An epic FPS showcasing my true artistic abilities by perfectly capturing her Canadian ways as she leads her army of Eskimos against Las Vegas for some gay reason like lack of Mexican prostitutes in her land. You will have a huge assortment of weapons to choose from. P90, Uzi, Excalibur *****s, etc.

I demand royalties!!!
th_mad.gif

Star Ocean 3 was pretty bad. :confused:

I think I'm thinking of the wrong game... it's some DC RPG game thing... maybe... and like it was loved for its battle system but the newest one on the PS2 really sucked.

Zenien said:
Yeah because the Japanese have no bias against the 360

Zenien said:
I demand royalties!!!
th_mad.gif
I demand my child back and that you stop making threads because there is no reason to have made over 500 :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"