Legion Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

Noah has so impressed me that I don't think an Emmy nomination is out of the realm of possibility for the show. Which I believe is just good for the genre in general.

It would be cool if this becomes the first Marvel Tv show to be nominated for Best Drama! None of the DC/Marvel shows have gotten the recognition before from the Emmys and Golden Globes, not even in acting categories.

legion_dan_stevens-credit-chris-large-fx-e1469316456503-678x381.jpg

I dont like the guy they chose for Legion. I was hoping for someone closer to the comic appearance but this bears no resemblence at all. I dont need a hightop but I was hoping for someone younger with at least black hair and it sticking up. They could have designed him a bit better

But in this series, Legion is Xavier's son? Although it is not connected to the movies?

I'm not seeing any sort of confirmation that Legion is part of the MCU. Just a LOT of logic jumping.

I doubt it because that would take a complete restructuring of the MCU.

I doubt it because that would take a complete restructuring of the MCU.

Not at all. Judging by the trailer, there are very few mutants it seems. And Legion happens to be "the most powerfull" one.

seems like i wasn't crazy afterall.legion and other shows are really marvel productions with singer,kinberg,and donner getting executive producer in name only credits.which to be frank is similar to stan Lee.

expect fx and fox airing it and other show i fail to see what fox gets gets out of this since they are marvel productions.

Again, that seems to be reaching. Until Feige or Loeb say so, I wouldn't bet on it. Hawley has been pretty adamant about it being standalone.

BS

Even Marvel's own shows are only tenuously tied into the MCU. No way Legion is connected. It's just being promoted by Marvel because they have a stake in it.

Legion may be set in a standalone contunity however marvel has been acting like it's their show except aired on FX instead of ABC or netflix due to Fox having the live action X-Men rights.

still legion himself may be only element from X-Men comics on the show along with concept of mutants.

and no matter whose show it is Fox or marvel the trailer didn't wow me into saying i need to watch it.

lol not buying this show is mcu at all, wouldn't make any sense, this show acknowledges "mutants" which I believe marvel can't use. This is probably it's own thing.

They aren't call it "Marvel's Legion", so there you go.

You know, that's actually funnier than I thought it would be and it's one of the tiny, annoying issues I have with Marvel MCU programming. On ABC, for example, it's not advertised as Agent Carter, it's Marvel's Agent Carter or Marvel's Agents of Shield. And with Daredevil or Jessica Jones, you've got that Marvel logo that pops up RIGHT before the episode begins.

But yeah, if this were MCU, which it doesn't appear to be, it'd be Marvel's Legion. Feels more like optimism for those who really want there to be some sort of Fox/Marvel deal with the X-Men.

Its also not beneficial for them to connect mutants to the MCU especially they have a lot in their plate right now and you just don't introduce mutants through a TV show. Like Legion is gonna appear like a sore thumb in the MCU even if its a great show.

From what i gather about marvel tv and marvel films is that behind the scenes producers don't get on quite as well as you would think for the same company.

Yes. I think that's part of the reason for this sort of friction between the two sides or why you don't see more collaboration between the movies and films, even though personally, I'd prefer the movies stay separate from the street level stuff like Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

They're separate divisions anyhow. Feige doesn't seem particularly invested in the TV side either, I remember him saying last year he hadn't even seen all of DD. He's got too much on his plate planning out the cinematic universe and their scripts are planned out too far in advance to be dealing with the workings of TV.

Which works totally fine. They're all technically connected and have enough references here and there to make us feel like they're part of the same world. No need to have Matt and Jessica fight aliens and deal with SHIELD to be part of the MCU anyhow.

And even for shows that DO try to be a part of the larger MCU, they can falter. Like the writers of Civil War admitted that they hadn't paid attention to Agents of SHIELD when asked if things like the Inhumans would factor into the greater MCU world.

They're separate divisions anyhow. Feige doesn't seem particularly invested in the TV side either, I remember him saying last year he hadn't even seen all of DD. He's got too much on his plate planning out the cinematic universe and their scripts are planned out too far in advance to be dealing with the workings of TV.

Which works totally fine. They're all technically connected and have enough references here and there to make us feel like they're part of the same world. No need to have Matt and Jessica fight aliens and deal with SHIELD to be part of the MCU anyhow.

Its not necesarily but it does bring up some questions. In CW, like why would Iron Man try to recruit a teenage, Spider-Man over, more experienced adult, Daredevil? And the obvious stuff about the Inhumans, like Skye who's been a SHEILD agent for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"