The Amazing Spider-Man Norman Osborn *SPOILERS!*

No.

The appearing and then disappearing ability makes me think that Connors wasnt talking to Osborn but someone working for him.

or it could have just been a cliche film effect.

dark room thunder and lightning

zomg mysterious figure appears! says something sinister!

lightning and thunder again

mysterious figure gone.

very cliche and over used.

I was thinking it was either Norman or Electro with him showing up with lightning hits and then supposedly disappearing when lightning hits.

Did Green Goblin ever have the ability to vanish in the comics?

No.

The appearing and then disappearing ability makes me think that Connors wasnt talking to Osborn but someone working for him.

It was obvious who that person was after the vanishing thing.

:batman:
In disguise, of course.

The whole scene was cool because it was so cliche and cheesy.

*Obvious sinister voice in shadow*

"Did you tell the boyy about hiss parentssss?"

They could go about it two ways. He'll be the focus of the sequel as the main villain or they'll save him for the third film.

more like it took a cue from the USM comics...cause you know..it took 12 issues for Peter to become Spidey...and they said the film is heavily inspired by USM.....not every superhero movie is trying to take cues from Nolan....certain things can be done without trying to rip-off of batman
Sensitive, much? He didn't say it was "ripping off" Batman, and his points are just as valid as yours about USM.

Sensitive, much? He didn't say it was "ripping off" Batman, and his points are just as valid as yours about USM.

not sensitive just annoyed how so many ppl these days act like everything superhero related is borrowing something from batman. it's silly

Honestly, I like how Norman took the back seat throughout the whole film. By the time he dons the Goblin outfit, the build-up for him will be really nightmarish. The Raimi films introduced Osborn way too early, but, for that continuity, it made sense. Now, they should save the best for last.

I also feel a good idea would be for them to establish the other villains as "stepping stones." Why is Osborn dying? Even better, what will cure him? The other villains should be experiments to see how Osborn can fix himself. The Scorpion or perhaps even Venom can be possible experiments to extend his life, before "perfecting" a formula.

You will not see Venom in this series. Guaranteed. One hundred percent. Take all your money out of your savings account and bet on it.

You will not see Venom in this series. Guaranteed. One hundred percent. Take all your money out of your savings account and bet on it.
I recall reading interviews with Nolan about his Batman Begins sequels, and him swearing up and down how he'd never use Robin, the Penguin, and Catwoman. Apparently, guaranteeing 100% that a popular villain won't appear isn't enough anymore.

I recall reading interviews with Nolan about his Batman Begins sequels, and him swearing up and down how he'd never use Robin, the Penguin, and Catwoman. Apparently, guaranteeing 100% that a popular villain won't appear isn't enough anymore.
That's a completely unrelated circumstance.

Have you not been following the reviews? This movie is catching enough flak already for revisiting the origin. And they're going to revisit the Green Goblin, where they will probably catch more flak. They are not going to redo Venom as well. It just won't happen. I will cancel this account and never post on these boards again if it does, that's how certain I am.

Have you not been following the reviews? This movie is catching enough flak already for revisiting the origin. And they're going to revisit the Green Goblin, where they will probably catch more flak. They are not going to redo Venom as well. It just won't happen. I will cancel this account and never post on these boards again if it does, that's how certain I am.
True, but if there is enough of a demand for the character, it will happen. Do I think they should use Venom in this series at this time? Not sure. I think if they will use Venom, they have to develop him over the course of multiple films, build him up gradually, but do him now? I don't know. I can't say if it's a good idea or not, or if I really want to see Venom in this story.

Still, I guarantee that one of the most popular characters in the series always has a chance to appear, no matter what. Not saying he SHOULD appear, but the producers are probably throwing around ideas about the character appearing somewhere down the line even now. Also, most people feel that Venom wasn't done justice in the original film. The origin was wonderfully done in Raimi's film (even though I feel TASM nailed it better). It's a very different context for the origin and Venom's origin.

I'm not 100% convinced the way a lot of others seem to be that the mid-credits scene actually has anything to do with Norman; yes, we got a couple of name-drops for him, but there are a number of candidates for the identity of the person who visits Connors in the mid-credits scene, including Mysterio. It is possible that said scene did involve Norman, but he's not by any means the only person it could've been.

I'm not 100% convinced the way a lot of others seem to be that the mid-credits scene actually has anything to do with Norman; yes, we got a couple of name-drops for him, but there are a number of candidates for the identity of the person who visits Connors in the mid-credits scene, including Mysterio. It is possible that said scene did involve Norman, but he's not by any means the only person it could've been.
Yes, it could have been someone else, but Occam's razor says it was Norman.

^ Just because Norman's name gets mentioned a couple of times doesn't automatically mean that he was the one who showed up in the mid-credits scene, so Occam's Razor doesn't even enter the equation based on what the film actually presents.

Norman * could * have been the person who showed up to talk to Connors, but the film gives no real justification for automatically assuming that he * was *.

^ Just because Norman's name gets mentioned a couple of times doesn't automatically mean that he was the one who showed up in the mid-credits scene, so Occam's Razor doesn't even enter the equation based on what the film actually presents.

Norman * could * have been the person who showed up to talk to Connors, but the film gives no real justification for automatically assuming that he * was *.
Occam's razor absolutely enters into the equation. Do we want to assume it was:

A.) the character who was referenced numerous times in the film, and assumed to have a lot of power over his employees...

or:

B.) somebody we've never heard of, never met, and never showed up in the movie in any facet whatsoever.

To assume that the person in the cell was, say, Electro or Mysterio requires many more assumptions than to say it was Norman.

I won't be upset if it doesn't turn out to be him in the cell - at least he was mentioned and we know he's out there somewhere. I'll take what I can get. :oldrazz:

Don't get your hopes up. Venom won't be appearing.

I hope you're right.
I loved TASM, and I can't say I wasn't left with bad taste in my mouth by his first live-action appearance. First impressions...

Venom appearing on screen could very well be [Aunt May]like a poison....[/Aunt May] :sym:

Last edited:
The whole exchange:

"Hello, Doctor. Did you tell the boy?"

"Tell him what?"

"Did you tell the boy the truth about his father?"

"No."

"Well that's very good. We'll let him be for now."

"You should leave him alone!"

Also, probably means nothing whatsoever but Osborn is wearing a top hat as he walks away and the lightning flashes and he's gone.

Yeah. He left indelible marks that affected the movie.

Dr. Connors' transformation to the Lizard was a result of Dr. Ratha threatening to fire him if he refuses human tests.

What it might be is one of Osborn's underlings. I am convinced they're gonna follow the example of The Spectacular Spider-Man, and have Norman be the mastermind behind everything that's gone wrong in Spidey's life. That could be a messanger Norman sent in his place.

Though I seriously doubt it.

Also, probably means nothing whatsoever but Osborn is wearing a top hat as he walks away and the lightning flashes and he's gone.

tho Norman has worn a hat before in the comics, I don't really think of it as being a trade mark of the character... so it seemed like a random touch to add

Last edited:
Having seen the film last night I am conviced the man in the shadows is electro as hes a original villian and someone we have yet to see onscreen and hes someone who would work well cinemactically also I think it will inspired by the ultimate version of the character i.e a being of pure electricity and having been experimented on. Another thing iv'e thought is that the producers of the new series were behind the raimi ones and I don't think they would want to re-do the goblin thing so early maybe by the 3rd film.

The Spider-Man fan in me thought the hat was a reference to Goblin's beanie.

I'm with you on that one.

The film telegraphed Norman showing up at some point, but it didn't telegraph him being the person who came to see Connors the way everyone is assuming.

Yeah but... shadowy face on Oscorp hologram and shadowy face in the room... not hard to connect. If it was just some guy, they might have shown him. They did the same with Moriarty in the first SH. They haven't cast the actor yet so they cover him up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"