Nothing More Important in America Right Now Than The Wrestling Thread! - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A reaction where everybody in the arena cares. Punk still hasn't gotten that reaction.

Don't know if you guys watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, but Johnny Ace reminds me of Marty Funkhouser.

A reaction where everybody in the arena cares. Punk still hasn't gotten that reaction.

....What?

The men boo the hell out of Cena and the women and kids love him. The same women and kids boo Punk and the men love him.

That's... pretty much the same reaction just flipped.

Well, at least there's an explanation.

Nem,

There's your explanation.

Punk got as much of a reaction as Triple H since they both were coming out for the second time versus Cena coming out for the first and only time.

It doesn't matter if they boo or cheer. Their all doing something. Crowds still don't do that for Punk yet.

Laughing at the girl chanting for Cena in the front row.

The music switching is stupid.

It doesn't matter if they boo or cheer. Their all doing something. Crowds still don't do that for Punk yet.

Again.. What? Yes they are. Did you watch tonights show? I just said the women and kids boo punk, the men cheer. The men boo Cena while the women and kids cheer.

How is Punk NOT getting that... when he obviously is?

feel bad for people who cheer cena and dont feel sorry for those wwe fans who get served crap week in and week out

cena has been the guy on top since 2005 and they are still content with that there wont be change if they are not open to it

Their doing it, but Cena's getting the louder reaction. Thats what I mean.

It could very well just be the city they were in tonight. Last week it was pretty clear that Punk was getting the louder face response. Maybe more children tonight?

Anyway, solid Raw. Not as good as last week's, but there was advancement. Wrestling presented was okay for what it was.

Best segment was easily the opening promo. Can't wait for that hit the Net. :awesome:

Why would you feel bad for them? It would be like feeling bad for Patriots fans. If they like the guy then they want him to be on top. You can want a guy to be on top and still have the product evolve.

IT was pretty clear that the cheers for Cena were squeals from kids and women mixed with deep boos. The cheers for Punk were from people whose balls have dropped.

this is my favorite belt

millicanreleather.jpg

Best WWF title belt ever.

I feel bad for Patriot fans because they legit believe their team isn't a bunch of cheaters. :p

i am just wondering when his core audience is gonna get sick of the same routine it has been 6 damn years straight

Eh, tonight they were pretty evenly matched I thought. Cena carries the PG crowd. Punk carries the rest of us.

The thing to remember is that Punk hasn't had a definitive face turn moment, his shoot promo that gained him all the buzz was not seen as a face turn by the red shirt wearing marks that fill half the WWE arena, it was however enough to turn him face by proxy with the other half of the crowd left from the attitude era.

Right now Punk is essentially a tweener, it wont be until Triple H screws him over that he becomes a full face and the spoon fed brigade will actually get it.

The thing to remember is that Punk hasn't had a definitive face turn moment, his shoot promo that gained him all the buzz was not seen as a face turn by the red shirt wearing marks that fill half the WWE arena, it was however enough to turn him face by proxy with the other half of the crowd left from the attitude era.

Right now Punk is essentially a tweener, it wont be until Triple H screws him over that he becomes a full face and the spoon fed brigade will actually get it.

Yup, you're correct, the spoon fed crowd probably believe he's still a member of the Nexus...

Punk's clearly a anti-hero face. He doesn't need a clear face turn for that to be obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"