Nothing More Important in America Right Now Than The Wrestling Thread! - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also This is why people think audience's are morons. Even the casual fans thats not a idiot can tell Punk isn't with Nexus anymore. You guys need to give the marks a little more credit.

Yup, you're correct, the spoon fed crowd probably believe he's still a member of the Nexus...

They need it spelled out for them because the things he was saying went over their heads because they don't see the show as the souless bore most of us felt it had become.

Punk's clearly a anti-hero face. He doesn't need a clear face turn for that to be obvious.

He still needs to actually have a feud with a heel to make him a face, no matter what type of face he is, even Steve Austin, the greatest anti-hero in the history of the business needed a heel and Bret was turning heel because his promos were going against the tide of the new era of fans that wanted something new, thus Austin became the face.

He'll get his heel soon enough but its obvious he's a face.

To US... but to the red shirts.. It's not.

Punk is a bit to "smart" for the red shirt wearing pro Cena kiddie women crowd. Kids LIKE a Super Hero... Women like Cena because of the way he "looks." That may sound jerky but it's no more jerky then men being interested in Bra and panty matches...

Triple H will have to turn on Punk and the crowd for them to get that Punk is a good guy. Heck, most wrestling fans I know don't even know what the term "face" and "heel" mean.

Punk is a bit to "smart" for the red shirt wearing pro Cena kiddie women crowd. Kids LIKE a Super Hero... Women like Cena because of the way he "looks." That may sound jerky but it's no more jerky then men being interested in Bra and panty matches...

exactly so they may never leave his side

punk gets no women cheers by his looks he is'nt ugly at all but he is'nt your cookie cutter good looking guy like cena or morrison are who also are pretty ripped while punk is not

:hehe: at calling Cena fans red shirts.

See this is my problem. The kids who cheer for Cena are no different from us. When were kids who did we cheer for? Hulk Hogan? Superhero. Steve Austin? Anti-Superhero. Cena? Superhero. Those kids who cheer Cena aren't dumb to the WWE product just because they like it and don't read the dirtsheets and don't watch 5 star matches in Japan. Their fans just like you or me. We all started watching at somepoint and for some reason. And we all like a wrestler for didn't reasons and the reason you like Punk is no better than reason why they like Cena. Also Theirs way way way too many good looking dudes in the WWE for women to just like Cena for that or John Morrison would be way more over. They keep watching so it has to be more their. People like Cena because he's Cena and isn't nothing wrong with that.

They really need to make Cena Vs. Punk a TLC match at SummerSlam. Given both men's victories in said type of match, it would make the main event all the more fitting!

After tonight I think Miz and Truth could be my new favorite team. I hope they keep that going. Truth slowly convinces Miz that he's right.

Chris Jericho wrote the following on Twitter tonight after CM Punk mentioned him on RAW:

“Everyone is so excited that @CMPunk mentioned me on Raw. Newsflash…I don’t give a ****. Mind ur own business and stop rippin me off Punk.”

LOLOL

Kinda an odd thing to say to somebody who defended u.

Could he be coming back sooner than we think?

Also as much as I hate to say this I have a bad feeling Cena is going to win at Summerslam.

Also as much as I hate to say this I have a bad feeling Cena is going to win at Summerslam.

man....that would suck going back to the same old, same old.

Let Punk win and then Cena can take some time off and come back fresh later on.

If Punk DOES win at SS, do you think a Punk title reign will usher in a new era for the WWE??

This whole "PG Era" thing is getting stale ( and has been for quite some time really ).

Punk has finally made things exciting again!

I enjoyed Raw tonight, the opening segment was great and stuff like that only makes me more interested in what potential long term plans are set up. I'm hoping for last night the seeds were planted for a potential Triple H/Punk match at WM 28. As far as Summerslam goes I'm guessing Cena will win but I have a feeling things won't just go back to status quo and will be interested to see what comes of this feud as well long term. The important thing is WWE has my interest and every week I've given another nugget of reassurance that my investment isn't for nothing. Here's hoping this plays out in an entertaining fashion for the months to come.

Triple H will have to turn on Punk and the crowd for them to get that Punk is a good guy. Heck, most wrestling fans I know don't even know what the term "face" and "heel" mean.

Really??

It's the opposite for me. I don't think I know anyone that I watch wrestling with that isn't "smart" to some extent. I know some people who have been involved with the business in some way (little stuff, mind you, I don't know anyone that worked for WWE or anything), and the people that aren't still know about wrestling.

I think that's why in the past I've been so in shock about some of the reactions I see to the product on here, because I hang out with so many people who are "smart" who still don't go on and on about a lot of the stuff that I see people talking about on here (burials, "getting the rub", etc...). I'd see some of this stuff posted on here and in my mind it's like "what in the holy hell are they rambling about???"

I enjoyed Raw tonight, the opening segment was great and stuff like that only makes me more interested in what potential long term plans are set up. I'm hoping for last night the seeds were planted for a potential Triple H/Punk match at WM 28. As far as Summerslam goes I'm guessing Cena will win but I have a feeling things won't just go back to status quo and will be interested to see what comes of this feud as well long term. The important thing is WWE has my interest and every week I've given another nugget of reassurance that my investment isn't for nothing. Here's hoping this plays out in an entertaining fashion for the months to come.

I thought the opening was ok until Punk stopped Triple H from leaving and tore into him :wow:. This could be a great feud and I hope Cena is taking time off after Summerslam as rumored.

Also it's to hear Ross back on commentary. I'm gonna watch the whole show tonight.

People have been calling this the "Reality" era.

And I think that if they played their cards right they could really turn this into a great angle. It basically boils down to CM Punk being the hero of the crowd and John Cena being the hero of the "business" i.e. HHH.

HHH turns heel but it's not the straight "Mr. McMahon" angle, no for HHH it's all about what's good for business. It doesn't matter what the fans want, it doesn't matter what the fans think, he doesn't care that they want Punk, he's going to give them what they should want.

Reality and storylines blur.

And one of the pathways that we could get to this storyline (and the seeds have been planted) is that we find out Truth and Miz are right, there is a conspiracy. "The Board of Directors" doesn't want Truth, Miz, or Punk as champions, they want it back to "business as usual".

It was interesting seeing Miz paired with R-Truth. I hope it does play into the bigger storyline. It's a shame they let the tag titles go to waste. They could easily do something like when Jerishow had their run with the belts.

Beth's turned heel :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back