The Wrestling Thread Has More Hype Than WrestleMania XXIX - Part 91

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]454527[/split]

2. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]454277[/split]

3. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Austin's turn was shocking and unexpected, but far from controversial.

4. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

230 pound weight limit. That's ********. I liked it better when the X-Division was about no limits, not weight limits.

5. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P) (he/him/his)

I love the idea that 230 pounds is a legit weight limit.

6. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

That was a sloppy match.

7. AndrewGilkison Registered

Speaking of the Austin turn... anyone else slightly expecting Cena to reenact this moment in his match with The Rock at Mania?

8. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Nope. I'm expecting as horrible promo the next night on RAW, though.

9. Metallo Evil Dead Re-Animator

Bully Ray: "I was IN"

That could be taken a number of ways, Bully. I guess Brooke did.

Its been a while since I've seen Sonjay. OK X-Div match.

Ditto. Its not a carbon copy of WCW's cruiserweights. X-Division is about going to the extreme no matter how big or small a guy is.

10. herolee10 No More Miracles

Unless they have a another face that can carry the weight that Cena carries now in terms of being the "babyface" of the company, where that person's merchandise is sold as much as Cena's, they're not going to turn Cena heel. To turn Cena heel, then you'd need another wrestler who's good enough to fill in the gap.

11. JabarR Registered

Taryn Terrell's ready to give Gail Kim's no butt having a** a severe beating down!!!

12. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Morgan's beard is bordering on glorious.

13. OnTheAir Wakandan Ambassador

Get ready to fly!!! I am, I am!

14. JabarR Registered

I feel AJ Styles will be the one to go after Aces & Eights.

15. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

WrestleMania can suck two big ones this year, I've no interest in it.

I will say this though: out of all the marquee matches, surprise surprise that Burial's match with Lesnar has been built the best. :whatever:

16. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

One of the PPVs TNA did away with was Destination X, right? If so, does that stipulation Austin Aries came up with for whoever holds the XD title and trade it in for a chance at the world title now become forgotten about?

17. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Shouldn't Jeffe have a rematch already, seeing as he is the former champion?

18. Wheels Groovy

The Wrestling Thread Has More Hype Than WrestleMania 29

19. Metallo Evil Dead Re-Animator

A question for you all:

If you could get WWE and TNA to swap any two wrestlers which ones would you choose?

I'd go with Kurt Angle to WWE and Chris Jericho to TNA. Right now there would be a lot of fresh and potentially amazing new matchups that could be made with each in the other company.

:funny: Its the Son In Law...of course he was going to make sure getting his win back was a big deal.

Good question. I sure hope not. Maybe the Option C (X title for World title) choice will be moved somewhere else. It worked best at Destination X though.

#19 Metallo, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  20. Wheels Groovy

Option C should be used at Slammiversary. It's a natural fit considering the first TNA match was an X Division match, and the division defined the company for years.

#20 Wheels, Mar 21, 2013
  21. OnTheAir Wakandan Ambassador

I enjoyed Bully's vignettes. Necessary? Not really, but good character moments.

22. brainchild81 THE MASTER BUILDER

Ditto. Impressed that TNA has been keeping such good track of it's continuity in Bully's promo
    Translation: I goofed but I just don't wanna say it.

Lol. That's what I thought you'd do. You're just talking out of your ass and putting words in my mouth. A man would have either proved me wrong or admitted that he imagined me saying something that I didn't. Instead you tell me to look for it. I'm supposed to look for something that I don't think exists instead of you finding something that you think does exist. That's some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard. People don't normally say things that dumb when they're calm & in the right frame of mind. I gave you a put up or shut up situation and you did neither. That's a ***** move, son. Do better. You lose points for that kinda stuff

I do a lot of making **** up? Such as? (If your answer is to pull another ***** move rather than provide proof, just forget about it. On to something else)
    There is stuff to enjoy and I've talked about it. I really don't have an agenda. I just want a consistent quality product like we used to get. I feel what you're saying about not watching it to send him a message. He won't get it though. As you've said before a lot of people stopped watching. He should have got the message a long ****ing time ago. I've done it a b4 myself & if WM goes like I think it will I probably will again even tho part of me'd feel like I was turning my back on Punk/Bryan/Cesaro/Rhode Scholars/AJ etc. It won't be enough as I'm just one person & I don't have a Nielson box. I wish I could get a lot more people to stop w/me and really send him a message but that won't happen. As long as he's making any kind of profit it's gonna be business as usual. Vince won't change unless he's forced to.

If you were paying attention just fine you wouldn't have goofed & said I'd only responded to you when I'd clearly also responded to NDX. There's room for improvement there, broseph. It started w/me talking about how bad most of WM looks, not just Cena/Rock. You responded and now we're doing this whole thing again.

Perhaps. Again I'm just gonna take your word for it because I don't care enough to do the research. Maybe it just seems like over a decade because of how lame it's been. :) It's still a lot longer than the few months we've been dealing w/Rock recently. Which was my point.
    Nah. That's obviously not it. I've even defended him on other forums. You're the only one I have this problem with.
    I never disputed that this is true for some cases. You made it seem like it was true for everyone that don't want Cena to win.
    The Attitude Era was better than this one is, right?
    You still don't get it. Maybe this'll help. I AGREE WITH THIS. PUNK SHOULD HAVE BEATEN ROCK AT LEAST ONCE. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME. IT ALSO WOULD HAVE BEEN PUNK BEATING ROCK ON THE 1ST TRY EVEN THOUGH CENA COULDN'T. WHILE I'D HAVE LOVED IT, IT APPEARS THE FOOLS WHO HAD PUNK LOSE TWICE IN A ROW DIDN'T. THAT "CAN'T LOSE 2 PPV'S IN A ROW" THING APPARENTLY APPLIES TO CENA, BUT NOT PUNK
    If you don't understand what I'm saying I could have proven myself right 1000 times & you still wouldn't get it. That's the waste

The only absolutes I've used are the imaginary ones in your brain such as "No one wants to see the Rock win". I understand the Punk/Rock thing perfectly. See the red parts above.

Me not complaing enough about the Rock enough to please you. This is what I'm talking about when I say pay attention. You're not following along. Right before I said "deal with it" you were talking about how I complain about the Rock so rarely in comparison to my complaints about Cena.
    Never said it was about sticking it to the Rock.
    Geez! I was obviously talking about detractors which is the last word of yours before I said "I think Cena has more". I'm not disagreeing w/what you said about Hogan. Maybe I ain't being clear enough for you.
    Agreed.
    I said it was Vince/Booking but I didn't feel the need to go into detail. We both already know. Maybe I should have anyway.
    Ditto.

Ok. It's not ALL about Cena going over Rock, but that is part of the endgame. You still shouldn't have put words in my mouth. Not cool.

To me Vince's booking of the Rock recently logically CAN'T be as detrimental to things as his booking of Cena. Mathematically, he's booked Cena waaaaaaay more often because he's there all the ****ing time. The product has been limping along for years. It didn't all of the sudden start sucking just because Rock came back.

If things were consistently booked well for the whole roster Vince wouldn't feel the need for part time **** to boost ratings because they be higher naturally.

I'd send Bryan to TNA & I'd send G.Bishoff to WWE so they could future endeavor his worthless ass

#22 brainchild81, Mar 21, 2013
  23. Dr. Evil Registered

I heard that the WWE has a new head writer. He must feel like he can withstand Vince McMahon yelling at him 100 times a day.

24. brainchild81 THE MASTER BUILDER

lol. Hope it's not another yes man

25. Dr. Evil Registered

He has to be if he is to withstand Vince yelling in his face 100 times.

One of these days, Vince's rage will cause him some major health issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.