Guardians of the Galaxy Nova

drastic_quench

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well they lost a ton of their fancy spaceships and presumably pilots, so could we see a more familiar comics-based corps in the sequel? I think it could be justified after such a loss, "we need to do better" type thing.

I do think it was a good call to not have a flying buckethead in the first flick. It could have distracted from the Guardians' cool.

Well they lost a ton of their fancy spaceships and presumably pilots, so could we see a more familiar comics-based corps in the sequel? I think it could be justified after such a loss, "we need to do better" type thing.

I do think it was a good call to not have a flying buckethead in the first flick. It could have distracted from the Guardians' cool.

I would love to see a Nova Force wielding Nova Corp. the ships were pretty awesome though.
I suppose we haven't actually see a Nova fight outside of their ship, so it's completely possible that their armor somehow gives them abilities closer to what we are used to.

Anyone see that Nova helmet concept art on CBM? That this was f***ing sweet and much better than what they went with in the movie. Perhaps they decided to save it for Nova Prime (Richard Ryder). I think you might be onto something... the Nova Corps got decimated with their ships so perhaps they'll create a new, super-powered Corps.

I think Ronan's attack is the perfect catalyst for:

A) Xandar to get a little more proactive and increase their corps, superhuman arms race to counter somebody like Ronan (the film called him a terrorist, go post-9/11 america analogy)

B) it just so happens they're sitting on a power gem... Maybe they could siphon some of that off and oh I don't know, create a Nova...... Force? ;)

Anyone see that Nova helmet concept art on CBM? That this was f***ing sweet and much better than what they went with in the movie. Perhaps they decided to save it for Nova Prime (Richard Ryder). I think you might be onto something... the Nova Corps got decimated with their ships so perhaps they'll create a new, super-powered Corps.
James Gunn has said he doesn't care for Richard Rider, so I wouldn't expect to see him (barring corporate mandate).

James Gunn has said he doesn't care for Richard Rider, so I wouldn't expect to see him (barring corporate mandate).

He said that? Well then, I guess that's why the Nova corpsmen looked so silly lol.

I've never met anyone who didn't like the Rich Rider character. His character arc in Annihilation is one of the best ever.

Well, then. Gunn can avoid him if he wants but I hope Marvel doesn't. There's a ton of potential there. And GOTG really laid the groundwork for him to show up somewhere.

I've never met anyone who didn't like the Rich Rider character. His character arc in Annihilation is one of the best ever.

Agreed, maybe Gunn hasnt read it yet? Nova is a great character, and even better post-Annihilation. Nova was one of the many characters that event did wonders for.

Yeah I hope that if we can't get Silver Surfer for the eventual showdown with Thanos, we will at least get Nova.

I think they will do it like The Thanos Imperative, were the Guardians and Nova will be the ones to eventually take down Thanos. The Avengers obviously will in Avengers 3, but I doubt he'll die, and if does he will come back because of his relationship with Death.

But eventually I think Nova and The Guardians will take him down, at a heavy cost.

Was disappointed that there wasn't a Worldmind A.I set up here

I loved GOTG and really hope we get a Nova movie, Richard Rider of course

Here's how I would go forward with the 'Corps in GOTG 2:

* Xandar is safe for now, but it came at a huge cost. Hundreds, if not thousands of their ships and pilots were lost. R&D budgets were increased by an order of magnitude. Just as Zola was able to weaponize the Tesseract, the Nova Corps' tech division was able to harness a portion of the Orb's "power" with an advanced computer interface called Worldmind.

* Quill and co. visit Earth for <insert story reason here... Stamos and/or Bacon cameos ensue>. A dude named Richard Rider stows away on the Milano.

* Becomes a lowly Nova cadet on Xandar.

* Xandar is destroyed by threat du jour. My preference would be Thanos, coming after the Power Stone/Orb.

* The Nova Corps are obliterated. A dying Rhomann Dey hands over the keys to the Worldmind to Rider and tells him to set up the 'Corps anew.

What if instead of Rhoman Dey crashing on Earth, an experimental Nova armor (more like the Granov suit) crash lands along with the villain who stole it, and Rider ends up wearing it and proving himself.

Marvel has hitched its flag to Sam Alexander if NOVA happens he will be the own wearing the helmet.

I freaking hope not, Richard Rider is such a better character.

They won't necessarily go with Sam Alexander, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

I think during the Infinity War movies, Thanos will destroy Xandar and the Nova Corps in his quest for the Infinity Stones. Rhomann Dey will be gravely injured, but will escape and crashland on Earth and encounter Richard, setting him up to get his own movie during Phase 4.

In terms of the Richard/Sam debate, I think an amalgamation of the two would be the best idea (something along the lines of Richard Alexander). Richard is definitely the better character, but his name is kinda problematic because one could shorten it to 'Dick Rider'. By amalgamating it, you can avoid that (plus taking cues from Sam's hispanic ethnicity could be something Marvel could use as well).

What if they used that World Mind to control the Power Stone forcing Thanos to destroy it to retrieve the Infinity Stone but Rhomann was using one of the prototype helmets designed to filter off enough of the energy to avoid overloading the World Mind?

So lets say he ends up crash landing on Earth and his helmet is passed onto a child he left behind when he eventually ended up joining the Nova Corps?

Perhaps there needs to be some genetic link for the Helmet to be safely carried but unknowingly the child starts using it discovering the varied abilities but not a clue at the true power it holds?

So residual power from an Infinity Stone maybe allow for more Nova Corpsman survivors and more of a reason why this gets turned into a movie perhaps?

is there a charismatic actor like Nathan Fillion but younger who can play Nova?

I wouldn't hold your breath. We are getting Adam Warlock, and Gunn doesn't like Nova.

I wouldn't hold your breath. We are getting Adam Warlock, and Gunn doesn't like Nova.
He doesnt? :(

That's OK, I could see Nova getting a solo since they are expanding the cosmic universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"