Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

gkokujin

Sidekick
Reaction score
Will they have revenue to BUY the Xmen and Fantastic Four from FOX????

:wow:

this acquisition news just has my mind all OVER the place, forgive me if this question sounds stupid.

First thing I thought as well.

If they are willing to purchase Lucas Films for 4B, why wouldn't they be willing to buy back the rest of Marvel?

20th Century Fox is most likely unwilling to sell the X-Men and Disney is just probably playing the waiting game for Fantastic Four and for the possibility that Sony will sell Sony Pictures.

If they are willing to purchase Lucas Films for 4B, why wouldn't they be willing to buy back the rest of Marvel?

This is what I'm thinking. Why take a chance with Fantastic Four? What if Josh Trank does put it into production? Will Disney make a last minute offer? Star Wars has probably exhausted its supply, whereas Marvel has many more stories and is going through a golden age. Now would be the time to buy Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, but don't bother with X-Men.

Will they have revenue to BUY the Xmen and Fantastic Four from FOX????

:wow:

this acquisition news just has my mind all OVER the place, forgive me if this question sounds stupid.

Starwars was a greater investment.

But I still have hope that they'll at least snatch F4 back before Fox gets it dirty again.

This is what I'm thinking. Why take a chance with Fantastic Four? What if Josh Trank does put it into production? Will Disney make a last minute offer? Star Wars has probably exhausted its supply, whereas Marvel has many more stories and is going through a golden age. Now would be the time to buy Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, but don't bother with X-Men.

Disney could make the 2 billion they gave Locus with close to one film. And it's rumored that part 7 of the next Starwars trilogy may release in 2015.

So if Fox does think they're safe considering all the heavy hitters coming out in 2015 already. If I were Disney I'd have Pixar release an Incredibles sequel a week before their F4 reboot and this Starwars sequel a week after thus suffocating it.

Don't forget that WB has beef with Fox as well (See Hobbit 3 release date) so I'm sure they could throw some interference there way as well.

Last edited:
Disney owns all the animation rights, yes? How about a Pixar Marvel/Star Wars crossover down the line.

Hmmm.....Since Fox is holding back progress of the Marvel Cosmic Universe.

Perhaps the Imperial Guard could play a part in Guardians of the Galaxy.....?

Boba Fett Cameo?

I want Disney to buy FF. That could've kick started their cosmic side of Marvel. I don't know how Fox plan to release FF in 2015 now with the Avengers 2, Justice League and Star Wars 7. It would just get buried.

Disney playing this waiting game is too much like waiting for a last minute bid on eBay. They might get it but they might not. They should just use their buy-it-now function and purchase FF and be over and done with.

Marvel already said they won't purchase the rights back from Fox, so I guess they are just gonna wait it out. It would be nice if they can at least get F4 rights back though, and now that Fox's hold on Star Wars are amount to distribution rights for the OT only, they are in a weak position and perhaps they can be convinced to negotiate with Marvel instead of brushing them off like before.

I want Disney to buy FF. That could've kick started their cosmic side of Marvel. I don't know how Fox plan to release FF in 2015 now with the Avengers 2, Justice League and Star Wars 7. It would just get buried.

Disney playing this waiting game is too much like waiting for a last minute bid on eBay. They might get it but they might not. They should just use their buy-it-now function and purchase FF and be over and done with.

Hmm, maybe Disney & Marvel can indeed suffocating the new FF like Vader used to do to one of his lackeys, and force Fox to give up the rights? :word:

So was Disney's purchase of Lucas Films just to get the FF rights back from Fox? That seems an expensive way to do it? ;)

Doom And Vader together at last. Pixar has to make it happen.

Last edited:
The best thing about this is that now ILM will be Marvel's in-house FX team. Better graphics, lower budgets. That counts as a total win.

Beyond that, while I wish that this meant that Disney was going to buy back the Fantastic Four and other Marvel properties, realistically I don't see that happening. Fox is run by some cutthroat *******s, no doubt about that, so the asking price is likely to be far more than the true value of the property. And there is no chance that they will ever let go of X-Men, no matter that they have failed to maximize the franchise's profit potential thus far. The X universe isn't something I really care that much about, but it's a crying shame that the FF can't come home again.

Money is better spent on buying toymakers Hasbro/Mattel or video game companies like EA/Ubisoft/Activision

Why would they want Fantastic Four?

As for X-Men, Fox can't afford to give it back.

Why? Because it's a Marvel property. If you are Disney, you want to have the film rights to all the properties you own back under your banner.

Why would they want Fantastic Four?

As for X-Men, Fox can't afford to give it back.

Marvel/Disney wants to use Galactus & The Silver Surfer from the FF in its cosmic stories. With Guardians of the Galaxy coming out in 2014, those characters could be an important part of the MCU going forward. Marvel already tried to make a deal to use Galactus and the Surfer in exchange for allowing Fox an extension on its rights to produce a Daredevil movie, but Fox shot them down.

As for the Fantastic Four themselves, they could bring a lot more to the MCU than just the cosmic characters. The FF are Marvel's first family; it would be perfect to have them and their villains integrated into the cinematic universe. The rights to Doctor Doom, Annihilus, Super Skrull and many other iconic characters accompany the FF. Kevin Feige would probably love to have Reed, Sue, Johnny & Ben back, along with their fifty years of history.

tumblr_mcacn3vuka1r9ym24o1_500.gif

....Why are we back on Fox...why people...WHY?!

Mother of god! I didn't even think of that

tumblrmbqg5q5v6l1riuh2b.gif

My trousers have grown tight!

Even if Marvel Studios has all the money in the world to buy X-Men from FOX and Spider-Man from Sony, I doubt FOX and Sony would hand them the movie rights.

Well, Marvel just need to concentrate on acquiring FF first. As for Spidey, well if Sony were in trouble, then maybe Disney can buy Sony (or at least take a few properties off their hands including Ghost Rider).

Isn't it ironic that mega corporation that will rule us all in thirty years, is fronted by Mickey Mouse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"