NX - Nintendo's Next Generation Hardware Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know when pre-orders will be available. I want to start putting money down on this damn thing so I can get it at launch. I know I was burned by Nintendo for purchasing a Wii U at launch but dammit if I'm not excited for NX.

There is evidence that we will get the price. Supposedly, they will get a press release out by the end of the month with the specs. But yeah, probably going to get a quick look at the machine, with some release titles. But, I think hope they have a good marketing plan ready.

This is it boys, this is what will represent Nintendo for the next couple of years this gaming generation.

Hope they dont f*** up.

The video reveal is only 3 minutes.

They're only showing off the system apparently...Which is fine. Twitter is saying three major developers are waiting on this reveal to show their stuff for it afterward (EA, Ubisoft and Activision?) also read rumors that we'll get game trailers trickling out the next few days. No idea if any of that is true of course, like the September reveal being delayed so they can have Mario running on it... all speculation.

This new Zelda footage tho? Not speculation.

[YT]b8hDuCeG1xg[/YT]

Really wonder what the final names going to be, Nintendo Next? Nintendo Go? Nintendo New?

The simple possibilities are endless! :o

I hope it's just "The Nintendo" or "The Nintendo Entertainment System."

If this is truly a reboot for them then go back to basics. Don't attach Go or whatever to it.

Even better, what giant TV are they going to rebrand as this consoles bundled controller this time. :o

I hope it's just "The Nintendo" or "The Nintendo Entertainment System."

If this is truly a reboot for them then go back to basics. Don't attach Go or whatever to it.

Pretty sure that's taken :funny:

Yeah. In 1988. Go back to their roots.. I'm honestly just fine with The Nintendo or Nintendo X. I mean it's technically the 10th Nintendo console/Handheld hardware and if it's a hybrid (which all signs point to) then that would fit.. also Nintendo X (cross.. cross play.. etc) could also fit.

so its pretty much everything we knew. Using the detachable components as controllers looks very uncomfortable. I really am worried about its battery life. When attached to the unit, it'll likely charge but that will suck power from the Switch

Well obviously they didn't go that route. Not a fan of the name.. at all really. That being said it is literally everything I wanted it to be. Very good trailer that got the point of the system across.

CvN3ImxXYAA9Q2i.jpg

I'm SOLD!!! That was brilliant. And the traditional controller looks awesome too.

Nintendo Switch controller is called the "Joy-Con"

CvN3ugeVIAAPJi1.jpg

Yeah. In 1988. Go back to their roots.. I'm honestly just fine with The Nintendo or Nintendo X. I mean it's technically the 10th Nintendo console/Handheld hardware and if it's a hybrid (which all signs point to) then that would fit.. also Nintendo X (cross.. cross play.. etc) could also fit.

No its not

NES
SNES
N64
Virtua Boy
Gamecube
Wii
Wii-U

Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
DS
3DS