Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame General Discussion Thread!

tumblr_pr92tv67Xg1tctq75o5_540.gif
He’s so good with kids now. :D:

Anyone have a good idea of when it'll finally be available for rent?

One thought after a 3rd viewing:

The Spiderman kids go back to high school before the funeral.

Now, funerals, especially small private affairs, usually happen pretty quickly after a death. Who was sitting around thinking, "these kids are back after a 5-year disappearance. Get them out of the house and back in class, immediately!" :D

I think that was when it started streaming on Disney plus no? Or is that December?

Infinity War I believe came out beginning-mid August, so I’m guessing something similar with Endgame?

Most likely August-September for the Blu-Ray.

I see no reasons why it should be any different than Infinity War - even if it stays in cinemas longer than usual. They can easily release it on Blu-Ray while it's still in cinemas and people will both buy it on home media and still go watch it on the big screen.

I thought I heard Dec 11th Disney + exclusive rights. I wonder how long Disney gets to force their service before physical disc are sold to capture those who refuse to subscribe? Christmas presents should be sold for maximum overall profit

Tell me about it. It's been better since the trailer, though.

WE ARE WATCHING YOU....

Ahem...

Sorry. I don't know where that came from!

In all seriousness, I'm way too into the character, so I try not to get into any militant discussions over there. Nothing good can become of it.

Tell me about it. It's been better since the trailer, though.

You know, I've seen several photos of Cumberbatch's prison buzz and didn't think anything of it until your post. He's giving Jeremy Renner a run for his money in the bad hair stakes. Talk about suffering for one's art! :funny:

Dreading moving on full time to the FFH board lol Spider-Man boards can sometimes be a drag. Spider-man only fans are super passionate but sometimes to a fault. :D

I remember coming to this site when it was Spider-Man Hype! way back in the late '90s. I might have read the James Cameron scriptment from a link here. But nowadays I never venture onto the Spider-Boards. They seem a little ...insular to me. Not unlike the Batboards. I don't fancy getting hazed for being a n00b even though I started reading Spider-Man comics before Peter even graduated from high school.

any news on the series? I recall reading they're suppose to start filming this Fall?

I wanna guess Ben Stiller considering how much comedic bits were in Endgame.
I am first in line to complain about Marvel Studios reliance on humor to get thesr films over with the general audience and as a symptom of lazy writing for about half their output for eleven years now. And while I didn't have issue with what they did to Thor per se, they ended up leaning into the comedy so hard the good meaty character stufgmf got overshadowed so the impression of Thor as a silly meathead is what registers more than anything else... But all that said AEG was actually better balanced and the funny stuff wasn't a crutch to cover up a perfunctory super hero story here. The situation, plot, characters, stakes, aftermath... They executed that all in the top tier. This movie had bite and wasn't just convivial fluff. The Russos have been consistent in not letting humorous pandering undercut their films in the MCU and here I didn't think it was any different. Yeah, poor Thor and I would say Scott Lang took it on the chin a bit much by shouldering the lion's share of the humor but even then I'll still gauge it overall as better balanced than a lot of popular MCU films.

I know it was a total pipedream to start with (after their cancelations it was just a delusion) but I would have loved to see just Daredevil join the team for that final fight.

And I understand that. I just feel it important to advocate for a different position: that linked with the idea "the Defenders should have shown up" is the idea "the Defenders deserve to, because they are also superheroes". Which is to say, it advances the fallacious idea that all superheroes are created equal, with equal scope and capability. As opposed to some superheroes being greater and more capable than others, fitting a wide variety of scales of operation, and that someone suited for fighting street crime is not necessarily suited in any way for fighting space gods.

( Also, the related idea, that super > not-super, and all not-super are roughly equal. The common claim that Black Widow or Falcon is an Avenger, so why not Luke Cage or Daredevil? Relies on the assumption that Black Widow or Falcon must be of similar or lesser level to other heroes, because those heroes have powers. When in practice, the "non-powered" Avengers are still vastly more powerful and capable than any of the Defenders, because "non-powered" isn't a tier, its an origin. )

Back from my 6th viewing! I had a pretty cool epiphany. In IW, when Doctor Strange says "If it comes down to saving you, the kid or the Time Stone, I will not hesitate to let either of you die. I can't, because the fate of the universe depends on it" to Tony Stark,
it actually comes true! Peter dies first in IW, and then Tony dies in Endgame. Strange sacrificed them both to save the universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"