Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame General Discussion Thread!

I made some avatars:

JeGpVFv.gif
zkAyLqD.gif
CCx8roq.gif
o5n2ldX.gif

Dicrex5.gif
CEjRHtX.gif
WNZXJYo.gif
73yGdjw.gif

AXW96A7.gif
YkAAyyz.gif
R3cbi3M.gif
Wpbahxb.gif

zTk03QC.gif
SAQw0HO.gif
PpFRkrN.gif
4kiwnmx.gif

You know, I've seen several photos of Cumberbatch's prison buzz and didn't think anything of it until your post. He's giving Jeremy Renner a run for his money in the bad hair stakes. Talk about suffering for one's art! :funny:
So he did it for a role? Poor Benedict. :funny:

Just finished my 3rd today this time with my partner who couldn’t make it the first time after I bought the tickets due to a biz trip half way around the world.... anyway the theater was still more than half fulled and the audience had lots of reactions still. At certain point though I was thinking:

if the mission was to take the stones back from the past, isn’t it more convenient to go to a past that’s not so distant where all six stones were together at the same location and they could possible rush in and powered their way to get them? They only need to wait and bring Carol with them. And they don’t really even need to return the stones after the unsnap since it wouldn’t chance a thing in that specific reality.

Also, the first act came out as the strongest of three acts for me in repeating viewings topping the final battle.

Anyway, that’s the end of my viewing with this and will wait until it comes out for purchases with extra stuff.

Last edited:
Just finished my 3rd today this time with my partner who couldn’t make it the first time after I bought the tickets due to a biz trip half way around the world.... anyway the theater was still more than half fulled and the audience had lots of reactions still. At certain point though I was thinking:

if the mission was to take the stones back from the past, isn’t it more convenient to go to a past that’s not so distant where all six stones were together at the same location and they could possible rush in and powered their way to get them? They only need to wait and bring Carol with them. And they don’t really even need to return the stones after the unsnap since it wouldn’t chance a thing in that specific reality.

Also, the first act came out as the strongest of three acts for me in repeating viewings topping the final battle.

Anyway, that’s the end of my viewing with this and will wait until it comes out for purchases with extra stuff.

The only time the 6 Stones were together in the past was when Thanos obtained them. Going there and trying to stop him would've ended in one of the 14,000 605 outcomes where they fail. They barely managed to stop him without him having the Stones.

So, is there an early expectation for when the next Avengers will be? i'd reckon 2022 at the earliest? Maybe 2023?

We don’t even know if there will be “Avengers” movies any more right now. There will be team-ups for sure but might be called something else entirely.

I never followed the comics, who are some other major Avenger characters they might introduce?

5th viewing about to start.

I'm on my own this time, in a nearly empty screening. Going to chill and eat some nachos :)

My 2nd viewing over the weekend was very lackluster with a crowd I'll assume had already seen it or was just trying to catch a movie on a Friday night because it was an entirely different experience from my 1st viewing which was on the Thursday early showing. Now that theater was lit and amped and I was truly surrounded by fans. We all laughed at the same humorous moments and jokes and you can just feel the energy in the room.

My Friday 2nd viewing was boring. Nobody seemed to be really into it at all no cheers no "yea!"'s
People hardly laughed at anything. My boy actually fell asleep at one point... Smh. Felt weird watching it like that.

Thats why I'm a huge advocate of seeing these films or any movie that I'm anxious for the day or weekend of release. That wave of energy watching it with people who are also as passionate just makes it a really fun movie going experience.

Saw it again on Saturday afternoon in Pennsylvania. Theater was sold out, but lots of kids. Not a lot of reactions, but I heard tons whispering "Spider-Man!" when he came back and chuckled in a good way.

My 2nd viewing over the weekend was very lackluster with a crowd I'll assume had already seen it or was just trying to catch a movie on a Friday night because it was an entirely different experience from my 1st viewing which was on the Thursday early showing. Now that theater was lit and amped and I was truly surrounded by fans. We all laughed at the same humorous moments and jokes and you can just feel the energy in the room.

My Friday 2nd viewing was boring. Nobody seemed to be really into it at all no cheers no "yea!"'s
People hardly laughed at anything. My boy actually fell asleep at one point... Smh. Felt weird watching it like that.

Thats why I'm a huge advocate of seeing these films or any movie that I'm anxious for the day or weekend of release. That wave of energy watching it with people who are also as passionate just makes it a really fun movie going experience.

That is strange isnt it? I had my second viewing yesterday and the crowd, although full, was very tame. There were some laughs at the humorous buts but the BIG moments garnered very muted responses.

Spider-man did get a golf clap though.

That's pretty much always what happens with me and big hyped movies. Opening night crowds = a blast. Crowds after the first week of release = practically dead. The energy opening night just makes for such a more enjoyable experience for me. Never stops me from seeing a movie I love at least 3-4 more times in theaters in those following weeks, though, lol.

so have they started production on the hawkeye or SW/Vision series yet?

WandaVision went into the writers room in February and starts filming in the fall. It will have a 1950s aesthetic but set in the present day (Mr. Sandman would IMHO be a very, very apt theme tune).

Hawkeye is not yet official, but is likely close to being greenlit. It will likely draw some influence from Matt Fraction's books, but changed to fit Renner.

Yes, truly awful. I remember feeling "uncomfortable" during my second Homecoming viewing :funny: The crowd was mostly dead, not laughing at anything except a few chuckles here and there. My opening weekend crowd was very into it. I guess sometimes you're stuck with those regular folks who see something because they've heard about it and it's out there, even if they won't understand / care much for it.

That's pretty much always what happens with me and big hyped movies. Opening night crowds = a blast. Crowds after the first week of release = practically dead. The energy opening night just makes for such a more enjoyable experience for me. Never stops me from seeing a movie I love at least 3-4 more times in theaters in those following weeks, though, lol.

Word. facts. I need to see this again in IMAX before it gets pulled.

Yes, truly awful. I remember feeling "uncomfortable" during my second Homecoming viewing :funny: The crowd was mostly dead, not laughing at anything except a few chuckles here and there. My opening weekend crowd was very into it. I guess sometimes you're stuck with those regular folks who see something because they've heard about it and it's out there, even if they won't understand / care much for it.

You can tell who is who at the theater. I almost wanted to stand up and be like cmon y'all wake up and get into it!

Worse still are those moments and easter eggs only real fans really know of and will catch and you know the crowd doesn't know they are supposed to be like "Ohhhhhh snap!" when
Cap says, "Hail Hydra" in the elevator scene. I'm wondering how many even caught the WS call back

The second week is full of people who have not been following the MCU story but are trying to see what the big cultural event is about. So much doesn't make sense to them. The other group is the superfan on rewatch trying to catch the Easter Eggs and dialog he missed the first time around. The shock is gone and he needs quiet to catch the tree he missed when looking at the forest in previous watches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"