The Avengers Official Clark Gregg/Agent Coulson Support Thread

You know, I just noticed in the poster for the SHIELD agents they all have guns, but I, being well informed of B-movie alien invasion type movies knows that guns are absolutely ineffective against such threats.

I read somewhere that in the movie the SHIELD agents will be packing plasma rifles similar to those in CA: TFA. In Thor they had no idea that they were dealing with an alien from another dimension, but in The Avengers the extraterrestrial nature of the threat will be apparent from the beginning. It makes sense that they would carry standard issue pistols when facing mere human threats and switch to the high tech gear when aliens invade.

Aw, but I was hoping that they'd be sort of like UNIT from all those old Jon Pertwee era Doctor Who episodes where the first inclination was to shoot at the alien menace to little or no effect. :( It would be more fun for me that way.

Aw, but I was hoping that they'd be sort of like UNIT from all those old Jon Pertwee era Doctor Who episodes where the first inclination was to shoot at the alien menace to little or no effect. :( It would be more fun for me that way.

The task of firing uselessly into the sky with handguns has been delegated to the NYPD. They seem to serve as the redshirts in The Avengers, under-prepared canon-fodder for the invaders.

Clark Gregg posted this on Twitter:

Clarkie_Hat.jpg

I'm now speculating that there is another Marvel One-Shot with Agent Coulson in the works. That prospect is almost as awesome as Clark's headgear. :awesome:

*crosses fingers* Coulson spin-off, Coulson spin-off, Coulson spin-off.

*crosses fingers* Coulson spin-off, Coulson spin-off, Coulson spin-off.

When I asked Gregg in one of my occasional tweets when the Phil Coulson: Agent of SHIELD movie was coming out, he replied, "Working on it." Now it could have been Tease a Fangirl day on Twitter, but he also confirmed to me that Coulson wasn't going to be killed off by Whedon before saying so in an interview. So it's possible that our favorite agent is being prepped for further adventures.

My hope would be for an X Files with superbeings format that would have Agent Coulson leading SHIELD's efforts to track and control super-powered menaces around the world. It could be a sort of action comedy and serve to introduce a lot of the lesser-known characters from the Marvel Universe to the general audience.

Last edited:
Actually forget my last post.

*crosses fingers again* Coulson & Hawkeye buddy film, Coulson & Hawkeye buddy film.

I just realized that Agent coulson is the only person in the film, who's character has appeared in other films, that is the only one to have NOT gotten some type of new outfit or make over like everyone else.lol

I'm surprised that no one has talked about Coulson's kick ass moment in the recent marvel short. Damn, as if they needed to make his character more badass and likable than he already was.haha

Cops are cannon fodder in the comics, too. Their job is basically to distract them for five seconds before getting shot. One level above 'nameless redshirt'.

I like Coulson, He's the everyman in these movies and I hope they expand his role in future flicks....

Coulson was pretty cool in the new Marvel short, especially with the way he took out those two gunmen. I noticed on the fuel pump it also said Roxxon oil which is particularly prominent in Iron Man as a corrupt oil company.

Coulson was pretty cool in the new Marvel short, especially with the way he took out those two gunmen. I noticed on the fuel pump it also said Roxxon oil which is particularly prominent in Iron Man as a corrupt oil company.

Not the first time Roxxon has shown up as an easter egg in the movies....Roxxon was also a sponsor on one of the Formula One cars at Monaco in Iron Man 2.

Roxxon is *probably* nothing more than fanboy easter eggs, but I'm wondering if there's a possibility that they actually *will* expand their role. I'd like to see Hugh Jones show up as Roxxon CEO in Cap 2 and become a pawn of the Serpent Society.

Not the first time Roxxon has shown up as an easter egg in the movies....Roxxon was also a sponsor on one of the Formula One cars at Monaco in Iron Man 2.

Roxxon is *probably* nothing more than fanboy easter eggs, but I'm wondering if there's a possibility that they actually *will* expand their role. I'd like to see Hugh Jones show up as Roxxon CEO in Cap 2 and become a pawn of the Serpent Society.
There is also an easter egg about Roxxon in Iron Man too.
IM3_006.jpg

Marvel One-Shot : A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer was awesome. Coulson's a badass fighter and he really plays the Meek Mild Mannered citizens well that you'd never suspect he's a badass super secret agent.

With all of these Roxxon easter eggs, maybe they'll appear in a future movie? A Coulson movie perhaps? Iron Man has bigger problems to face. *looks at Mandarin*

I love this actor and the character is cool as well!:D

Gotta admit Clark reminds me a bit of Jason Statham lol, just a bit! Anyone else thought of it?

i can see where you're coming from but I can't say that I've ever thought that. lol

Coulson doesn't have a "Yeah, I'm a badass" attitude. He's much more grounded.

Though, they SORT of look alike. If you squinted really hard, maybe you could confuse the two.

Coulson is like Boba Fett in Empire. You don't see him do anything badass, but you know he is just from his absolute calmness even in the most insane situations.

Rampaging giant armor psychopath? Calm.
Muscled dude breaks into base and beats up pretty much EVERYONE? Completely calm.

I just saw the one-shot and I loved the Han Solo reference.

Right after he takes down the bad guys he says "Sorry for the mess" just like Han Solo in the Mos Eisley cantina

An enterprising person on Tumblr made an Avengers poster for Agent Coulson, which Clark Gregg tweeted.

tumblr_luxyjsNclw1qbmslxo1_400.jpg

Just saw the clip where he takes out the gunmen... Someone made a suggestion of a miniseries with Agent Coulson and Hawkeye.

I'd watch that, HELL YES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"