Official Flash Thread!!!

webhead921

Civilian
Reaction score
Since I haven't seen an official Flash thread, I guess I would start one. What do you guys think of the title? What do you think of how he is handled in Justice League?

I've heard nothing but good things about the New 52 ongoing, although I'm personally still waiting for Wally's return before I start looking into anything Flash-related.

I'm just starting to get into New 52 Flash. I love Manapul's art. I just read #0 issue, and it was wonderful. A lot of origins these days are really decompressed, but this was a perfect one and done issue.

Its one of my favorite titles from the New 52. Manapuls art is amazing, and the current Grodd storyline has been very interesting.

Its one of my favorite titles from the New 52. Manapuls art is amazing, and the current Grodd storyline has been very interesting.

Yes, i think Manapuls art is fantastic. If i want to see The Flash, it has to be done by Manapuls art. The story so far is ok. There still using the time travel thing with him. Ires west stuck in the time zone thing and apparently the brother is out trying to save her but i thought the only brother she has was Wally West...By the way, where is Wally West??

I dont expect to see Wally back anytime soon. Apparently DC must not be big fans of him and Donna

They probably figure it'll just confuse matters to have two Flashes. Can't bump him back to Kid Flash, can't have him steal Barry's thunder, so he gets to just languish in limbo for now. Hopefully whenever DiDio finally leaves, Johns'll take over and bring him back.

I see your point. Still sucks though. I always liked Wally better then Barry. Oh well. They have to bring him back sooner or later.... right?

It feels really weird to have Dick Grayson and Kyle Rayner running around with thier history pretty much intact while having no mention of Wally. Still, I'm really enjoying this younger version of Barry. I like him a lot more than the dour post-Rebirth Barry. Does everyone love Bart? Why keep Bart when they could just de-age Wally and have him be kid-Flash again?

As much as I hate not having Wally exist at all, I'd hate that a lot more. Shifting characters' established ages around makes it incredibly hard for me to get into a story, for some reason.

I still think Bart should be Impulse again and I would like still like to see some sort of acknowledgement of Wally.

I'm loving the art and the dialogue seems very on the spot

Haven't read it yet. But I'm sure it's Reverse-Flash since his arc is coming up. But read the series anyway.

The new Flash books is the best of the New 52 ongoing. Loving Barry Allen (my fave Flash).

Here's a pic of the redesigned Reverse Flash, looks pretty cool here:

ReverseFlashNEW.jpg

Hope the series stays good.

That may work better in a movie for if they ever do him, costume wise.

Last edited:
I've been looking to jump back onto this book at some point. Was #17 the final issue in the Gorilla arc or is it still going? Has it been good? I'll pick up the whole arc if you guys recommend it.

I've been looking to jump back onto this book at some point. Was #17 the final issue in the Gorilla arc or is it still going? Has it been good? I'll pick up the whole arc if you guys recommend it.

Yes to everything.

I've been considering Flash myself. I've always been curious about the character but have never given him a shot. With my trying and lovin Aquaman, now I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to try Flash. I'd have to drop something to make room for it but it might be worth it.

I've heard nothing but good things about the New 52 ongoing, although I'm personally still waiting for Wally's return before I start looking into anything Flash-related.

Same here, Wally is the one true Flash as far as I' am concerned.

Seconded HighFivingMF.

Really loving this series. Although I'm a 90s child I have always wanted to see modern Barry Allen stories as he is my favorite Flash and the one I consider to be th "iconic" Flash. The art on this book is some of the best ever seen in the whole history of the title, IMO.

I like Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart. I'm not gonna deny myself all of them because one doesn't have new stories.

I would definitely check it out, it's one of DC's best books. It has my favorite art out of any superhero book on the market right now. I really appreciate the creative panel layouts. Everything feels dynamic, which is perfect for a Flash book.

I like Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart. I'm not gonna deny myself all of them because one doesn't have new stories.
Makes sense if you're interested in all of the Flashes. I'm not. I'm interested in Wally. I liked seeing Barry and Jay and Bart and even Jesse Quick in Wally's series, but I'm not interested enough in any of them to buy a series featuring one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"