Power Levels

I like Superman's power level to be what it was in the S:TAS episode "The Prometheon," where he could shift the orbit of an asteroid with great amount of effort and also managed to turn the direction that a cruise ship was pointing with a few grunts-worth of effort.

That's more along the lines of the power level he was at in the comics at the time, and it's the one that I'm most comfortable with.

Power Levels:
1. Superman= 100 thousands PLUS tons...
2.WonderWoman= 100 thousands PLUS tons..
3.SuperGirl= 100 thousands tons MAX..
4.Martain ManHunter/Captain Marvel= 95 thousands tons/Remember C.M. have the strength of HERCULES & W.W. is stronger than HRECULES by far.(For those who didn't know).PLUS,,C.M. have to share his strenght w/ M.M. & C.M.Jr..So C.M. power level comes dn.
5.PowerGirl , Donna Troy , MaryMarvel , CaptainMarvel Jr.= Around tha same level near C.M..
6.WonderGirl , StarFire..

Just remember this is RAW POWER/FIST 2 FIST/SMACK DOWN...

DC characters are tooooo strong, IMO. One guy liftingTHOUSANDS of tons??!!:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

RockSP said:
DC characters are tooooo strong, IMO. One guy liftingTHOUSANDS of tons??!!:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

the Hulk can do that

Haven't kept up with the Hulk in years, but back when I did he was in the "class 100" range...

I would really like Captain Marvel At the same strength and speed as Superman. I can wait to see what they are doing with in the trails of shazam. He seems like he's going to be the father of the 10th age of magic.

A lot of guys at Marvel lift thousands of tons. Why not make fun of DC heroes for having silly, brightly-colored outfits, too?

The Leaguer said:
A lot of guys at Marvel lift thousands of tons. Why not make fun of DC heroes for having silly, brightly-colored outfits, too?

Really? Most of the stronger ones are usually 75 to 100 tons. I know the Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets but that's not the case with most of them.

Anyway, you seem to be taking my statement a little to personal. I read comics from DC/Marvel/Image/Darkhorse/whateverotherindependentbookthatcatchesmy interest. So if you think I'm some so called "marvel zombie" you are quite mistaken.

I wasn't "making fun" of DC heroes. And even if I was...I don't think I could hurt their feelings since they, y'know...aren't real.

How was I taking it personal? I responded to something you said with two sentences. If that makes it personal, then I guess you're taking it too personal, too, right?

Well jumping to "defend" DC heroes with a snarky comment about costumes seemed to me as if you thought I was somehow "downing" DC's heroes. If I "misread" it...my bad.

Anywho it's no secret that DC's superstrong characters are for the most part waay stronger than Marvels. In my opinion thousands of tons is excessive...Marvel or DC.

Hmm...interesting question...I've never really thought about it. I guess I kinda like most people as the power level that they are now, at the present. Sometimes Batman's omnipotence gets annoying, I have to say, but it has its place too. As I've seen it, ridiculous power levels are much less of a problem in the DCU than it would be elsewhere, and even elsewhere there are ways to write it well.

RockSP said:
I've never collected Wonder Woman's solo book so...hasn't she been a warrior(ess) for centuries? If so, how can Batman be better than her? One of the silliest moments from Kelly's run IMO was the sparring session between Bats and Wondy. How the #$% could Bats ever hope to keep up with her (unless she was just "playing" with him)?
Contrary to popular belief, post-Crisis Wonder Woman -- and actually pre-Crisis, too, as far as I know -- is not hundreds of years old; she's merely as old as she looks, which is 29. She's actually younger than Batman, and has had less time than he to train.

Obviously, I agree that Batman would never, ever, ever win Wonder Woman in any physical contest because she's just too much stronger and faster than he is, but I could see him being a better martial artist than she is, or at least being her equal. Being strong isn't the same thing as being a skilled fighter. Now Wonder Woman comes from a martial culture which means she's been holding a sword pretty much right a bit after she could walk...but it's been shown that, as a child, she was actually rather flighty (literally) and would rather have been playing instead of training, especially since even as a child she was already superstrong and close to invulnerable. Compare that to Batman, who's been nigh-clinically obsessed with bettering himself physically since he was eight years old.

BrianWilly said:
Contrary to popular belief, post-Crisis Wonder Woman -- and actually pre-Crisis, too, as far as I know -- is not hundreds of years old;

that popular belief comes from the 70's TV show.

RockSP said:
Haven't kept up with the Hulk in years, but back when I did he was in the "class 100" range...

Actually I dont think there's ever been a character in Marvel who can lift a maximum of 100 tons. If you look closely you'll notice that the highest class is 100+ tons. Meaning more than 100 tons.
Basically Marvel just stops counting after 100 tons cause what the hell's the point? basically Hulk if you wanna know what people like the hulk or thor can lift the answer is gonna be "what you got?"

The problem is with Marvel's class system. Like Vanguard said, they stop at 100+, which means that they lift over a hundred tons. Which is why Hulk was able to lift billions of tons. And Thor was able to lift the Midgaurd Serpent which was larger than the entire planet. They aren't the only ones. I've seen Thing lift thousands of tons, WOnderman, Iron Man. The problem is, a lot of people don't really know how much s**t weighs. I'd have to say that most of the people that fall in the 75-100 class range in Marvel are far stronger than that number appears. Thats why I perfur DC's point of view on the thing. Don't bother with a class system. Let the feats speak for how strong they are.

Agreed. I've long ago learned to ignore the class ratings anyway. Even when the ratings arent outright wrong (ie rating Wolverine as agile as Spiderman) it's only a matter of time where the characters outdo their rankings. Spiderman's supported a 5 story building on his back once for example. I'm pretty sure most 5-story buildings weigh more than 10 tons.

Right! They're up there in the freakin hundreds.

Exactly. Which just goes to show that "official" power ratings/classes are utter crap.

To be fair, the ranking system goes by how much a person can press, which means lifting straight up with the arms. Anyone can support a whole lot more weight on their back than they can lift straight up because they're using the much more powerful leg muscles to support most of the weight.

But Marvel's ranking system was shot to hell long before that example. Spider-Man's lifted subway cars over his head, which usually weigh in excess of 40 tons. The Thing should not be able to spar with the Hulk as well as he does if he's only at class 85 and the Hulk is well over class 100, for another example. Marvel's characters are as strong or as weak as they need to be in a given situation. Thor, Hercules, Gladiator, and others tend to get weakened a lot of the time while Colossus, the Thing, and other not-quite-class 100 characters get strengthened, usually for no reason.

1. Cassandra Cain/Lady Shiva
2. Bronze Tiger
3. Richard Dragon (the new one)/Conner Hawke
4. Batman
5. Black Canary (now that she's training so much)Nightwing

Funny corp i don' t see nightwing anywhere. I'd put him above canary at least. Maybe I would put conner hawke with nightwing. Training by shiva or not nightwing.

TheCorpulent1 said:
The top five (unpowered) martial artists for me would be:

1. Cassandra Cain/Lady Shiva
2. Bronze Tiger
3. Richard Dragon (the new one)/Conner Hawke
4. Batman
5. Black Canary (now that she's training so much)
what about JUDOMASTER?

Really, I wouldn't say that there's a top five. Out of all the people in the DCU, probably a top several hundred. Maybe more. And of all the featured characters, maybe a list of 20.

I say Karate Kid is the best fighter in DC. Except that he's not born yet in DC continuity. Or he's been retconned out of existence. I dunno. Either way the original Karate Kid would own all of their asses at once. Even if he doesnt exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"