OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I mean just look at all that concept art for the movie, looks crazy. James Gunn recently reiterated my thought that this movie really isn't gonna be much like Star Wars at all. It's going to be far more zany and otherworldly.

2. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

Not Lee Pace as the Collector, Terence Stamp.

3. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

That wasn't "announced." It was "scooped" by someone on these message boards.

4. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

I know, I was telling Dark Raven that the Collector wasn't supposed to be Lee Pace. That stemmed from Stamp, not Pace.

5. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Scoops from people on comic book forums are usually very reliable....

6. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

According to El Mayimbe Lee Pace is playing the Controller. He's either still got both characters mixed up and Pace is playing the Collector, they're both in the film and Lee Pace is playing the Controller, or... he's just flat out wrong.

7. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Guess which option I'm going with.

8. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

[YT]tRVUOGUmxJI[/YT]

9. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

The Controller, eh...? Well he did say the Controller was going to be in this movie before Pace was announced, so perhaps he's right. I could see them both being in GOTG. But yeah, he could very well be wrong lol.

10. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

The Controller is a bit too much like having Whiplash in IM2. I don't even want him as a henchman of Thanos as i feel the Controller kind of gets into B- movie territory.

11. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

IF he's in it they'd obviously update it for the film.

12. Mr. Dent Registered

Really really really hope the Controller is not the main villain. I'd rather even have Korvac than that.

13. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, I think El Maybe is dead wrong on The Controller, not surprisingly. Hell, I'll even give him credit for actually getting a scoop right for once *if* he acknowledges that he or his source merely misquoted The Collector as The Controller; but I think El Maybe is too stubborn a fanboy to admit that he got his characters mixed up.

The Collector makes perfect sense in the context of GOTG. The Controller doesn't even *begin* to make sense in that context.

14. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Lol you've adopted my nickname for him now.

15. SuperSAINT Where's Chewy gone?

Agreed.

16. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I thought "El Maybe" was a generous nickname for him. Now I'm not sure he even earns *that.* More like "El Nada" with his batting average these days.

17. spideymouse Registered

I liked the full-on "Eh Maybe"

18. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

The Controller makes enough sense in the context of GOTG, though. He's Thanos' main henchman and ambassador. The Collector also makes sense. They both do, so I could see them both being in this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Mayimbe said the Controller would be the main villain.

19. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

No, Eh Maybe (yeah, that works better ;)) said Controller would be a henchman; but I'm curious about your first paragraph: are you saying that Basil was Thanos' "main henchman and ambassador" in the comics? If so, I'm scratchin' my head on that one. Controller's only interaction with Thanos was limited to about three issues of Captain Marvel way back in the 60s or 70s, and only in the context of Thanos pitting Basil against Mar-Vell in a one-sided battle he quickly lost. Thanos lost interest in The Controller completely after that, and Basil has been almost exclusively an IM villain ever since.

20. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

I was going by Maybe's article that described him as the main henchman. I don't know about the Controller at all from the comics, but I assumed Maybe meant he'd be Thanos' main henchman and ambassador in the movie.

21. Mr. Dent Registered

It sounded like he was saying he'd be the main villain even as Thanos' henchman.

22. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Lol I forgot about that one because Cherokeesam said El Maybe (an earlier version).

Yeah, Controller is more of an Iron Man villain. Of course, anyone could do some of Thanos' bidding for a little bit, but that wouldn't really make him the main henchman. The Controller isn't really a cosmic character. And Iron Man can beat him all on his own without even breaking a sweat (see Iron Man #225 - the start of the Armor Wars).

23. InternetPeople Petty... and tiny

I've been trying to understand how the Controller, a guy who mind-controls people, fits with where this movie is going. The Collector story seems to make more sense within the context of the film.

24. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

You'd probably be better off not wasting your time wondering that, and wonder instead why El Mayimbe is gainfully employed.

25. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

That doesn't mean much for the movies, though. Thor took out the Destroyer with ease in the movie...it's not like that in the comics. If they wanted to make the Controller more formidable in the movies, it's doable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.