Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read any Guardians comics so I'm not gonna bother trying to do any big casting but whenever I see Rocket Raccoon, for some reason, I can picture him with (the british) Gene Hunts' voice (Or Philip Glenisters northern/mancunian accent anyway 'cos he sounds differently normally).. I can't really link 'cos a lot of the videos available contain swearing or un-pc-ness..

Abbie Cornish for Gamora is all I can think of right now

So who are going to be the two to three big names attached to this? I see a lot of fan casting that, while quite good, only deals with unknowns. Every Marvel movie has two to three big names to draw the crowd in. Any viable suggestions and for what parts? Something like Dwayne Johnson for Drax, Angelina Jolie for Gamora and James Earl Jones for Groot.

I doubt any of the Guardians will be "big names". It doesn't really matter with this because so much of the actor will be covered in make-up or thier character will be completely CGI. The only characters I can see really getting a big actor is maybe Adam, Nova, or Thanos.

I doubt any of the Guardians will be "big names". It doesn't really matter with this because so much of the actor will be covered in make-up or thier character will be completely CGI. The only characters I can see really getting a big actor is maybe Adam, Nova, or Thanos.

...where did you hear those characters will even be in the movie?

And of course some of the Guardians will be big names. Who the hell is going to sell this movie to the masses?

And what does make up have to do with it? Anthony Hopkins wore bulky armor and an eye patch, Hugo Weaving wore a mask, Ben Kingsley looks like rocker Gandhi. Every single Marvel movie has had big names. Guardians, their riskiest one yet, will absolutely have some. Probably the most well known and internationally viable.

And of course some of the Guardians will be big names. Who the hell is going to sell this movie to the masses?

And what does make up have to do with it? Anthony Hopkins wore bulky armor and an eye patch, Hugo Weaving wore a mask, Ben Kingsley looks like rocker Gandhi. Every single Marvel movie has had big names. Guardians, their riskiest one yet, will absolutely have some. Probably the most well known and internationally viable.

But which characters would they get big names for? Pratt is a little-known TV actor. The biggest name mentioned for Drax has been Momoa, which is as much as saying no one at all. Unless they cast someone like Angelina Jolie as Gamora, I don't see them getting a big name for that role. I suppose that Thanos could be a big name, but I haven't seen any realistic possibilities. That leaves the talking raccoon and the tree, which are basically voice-over roles.

Every single Marvel movie has had big names. Guardians, their riskiest one yet, will absolutely have some. Probably the most well known and internationally viable.

Hopefully Adam Sandler won't be one of them.

Thanos has been confirmed for a while and is quite obvious in the first place. Nova is basically confirmed, what with Nova ships being in the background of the released concept art and Nova getting a relaunched book along with the Guardians and Thanos...and the LR article that broke the news about GotG way back in July said he would be in it.

As for Warlock, I was more throwing him in as an example than actually meaning he would be in the film...although I do believe he will be.

If there were going to be any big names then why haven't we heard any big names up for casting? Chris Pratt is a TV actor who just recently broke out with Zero Dark Thirty, Momoa is most well known for his role in GoT and and that horrible Conan film. Bautista...lol. And I can't think of any big name actresses who can play Gamora other than Angelina Jolie and MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE (maybe) Anne Hathaway...and neither of those have a snowball's chance of happening.

Groot does not count because all he says is Groot and Rocket will be a CGI character. The only characters who could have big names are the ones I mentioned. Maybe they could have some prominent members of the Universal Church of Truth have big actors...idk. But you're not going to find them in the main team.

You're right about this and I realized it after I posted. Christopher Eccleston is also decked down in make up for Malekith. Either way, I was thinking more of the CGI characters when I said that anyway.

Thanos has been confirmed for a while and is quite obvious in the first place. Nova is basically confirmed, what with Nova ships being in the background of the released concept art and Nova getting a relaunched book along with the Guardians and Thanos...and the LR article that broke the news about GotG way back in July said he would be in it.

As for Warlock, I was more throwing him in as an example than actually meaning he would be in the film...although I do believe he will be.

Aside from Thanos that's just guessing. Not saying it won't happen, but there's no evidence any other heroes except the GOTG will be introduced.

If there were going to be any big names then why haven't we heard any big names up for casting?
Chris Pratt is a TV actor who just recently broke out with Zero Dark Thirty, Momoa is most well known for his role in GoT and and that horrible Conan film. Bautista...lol. And I can't think of any big name actresses who can play Gamora other than Angelina Jolie and MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE (maybe) Anne Hathaway...and neither of those have a snowball's chance of happening.

Groot does not count because all he says is Groot and Rocket will be a CGI character. The only characters who could have big names are the ones I mentioned. Maybe they could have some prominent members of the Universal Church of Truth have big actors...idk. But you're not going to find them in the main team.

We haven't heard any casting information (short lists, etc) except for Star Lord. The Momoa stuff was garbage. That should be obvious by now. They are still casting the film, when the trades report it you'll hear about it.

And you have no way of knowing if Groot only says one word. Again, this is not the comics.

Every Marvel Studios movie has had at least two A-listers in their cast. You can bet your life that two of the important supporting characters or main characters will be A-listers for the film that they are gambling the most on.

Aside from Thanos that's just guessing. Not saying it won't happen, but there's no evidence any other heroes except the GOTG will be introduced.
Fair enough, I am guessing with Warlock...but Nova is still basically confirmed.

We haven't heard any casting information (short lists, etc) except for Star Lord. The Momoa stuff was garbage. That should be obvious by now. They are still casting the film, when the trades report it you'll hear about it.
Momoa was defiintely in talks. Variety/THR/Deadline (can't remember which, the quote is in this thread) basically confirmed it, they just said he was not offered the part in the way LR was saying. If they were right about Momoa being in talks, then they're probably right about Bautista being in talks.

I'm not a LR fan and don't like Mayimbe, I'm just looking at it objectively.

And you have no way of knowing if Groot only says one word. Again, this is not the comics.
Alright, I'm not about to get into this again but even if he doesn't just say Groot he would still be a CGI character thus a waste of a big name actor's talent.

Every Marvel Studios movie has had at least two A-listers in their cast. You can bet your life that two of the important supporting characters or main characters will be A-listers for the film that they are gambling the most on.
I'm not denying that the supporting cast won't, I'm just saying the main cast will not. There's almost no room for big names in the cast besides Drax and most of them would be silly and distracting to have in a Marvel movie imo.

Fair enough, I am guessing with Warlock...but Nova is still basically confirmed.

Momoa was defiintely in talks. Variety/THR/Deadline (can't remember which, the quote is in this thread) basically confirmed it, they just said he was not offered the part in the way LR was saying. If they were right about Momoa being in talks, then they're probably right about Bautista being in talks.

I'm not a LR fan and don't like Mayimbe, I'm just looking at it objectively.

Alright, I'm not about to get into this again but even if he doesn't just say Groot he would still be a CGI character thus a waste of a big name actor's talent.

I'm not denying that the supporting cast won't, I'm just saying the main cast will not. There's almost no room for big names in the cast besides Drax and most of them would be silly and distracting to have in a Marvel movie imo.

1) I hope so. Nova Corps would make for a great spin off. But they could also just be an Easter Egg at this point.

2) A writer for THR said Momoa screen tested along with dozens of others. Not that he was in talks/negotiations. Gunn already stated that he hasn't screen tested anyone who didn't have a deal already in place before hand which negates that whole "Momoa wants more money" thing. No no-name actor is that stupid. There aren't THAT many 6'3+ muscly actors with decent decent imdb credits to their name. That's what Marvel is looking for for Drax. You can bet anyone who fits the bill has tried to audition.

3) So no A-list actors would be interested in voicing a completely CGI character? How do you explain every animated film that hits theaters?

Groot doesn't just say 1 word.

He says 3.

"I am groot"

:woot:

Personally I think Groot should be the Chewie of the movie that talks a lot and everyone understands except the audience

3) So no A-list actors would be interested in voicing a completely CGI character? How do you explain every animated film that hits theaters?
Did I say they wouldn't be interested? No, I said it would be a waste of their talents. Why have a big name hollywood actor to supposedly "draw" people if they're not going to actually be seen on screen? It's not helpful.

still guessing....
There's a difference between guessing, which is what I did with Warlock, and having an informed opinion with evidence to back it up, which is the case with Nova. Too much has happened pointing to the Nova Corps having some type of role in this to ignore.

1j9eeg.jpg

My god those designs are ugly. Who's the artist?

Looks like Danger Girl art. So I guess J. Scott Campbell.

Holy crap is DOES look like Danger Girl. And just when I forgot that thing existed.

You know what's fascinating and puzzling? I don't know what's up with El May but a few hours ago, he announces that Jason Mamoa IS cast as Drax on twitter...and then radio silence. None of the film sites are reporting it, there's no article on Latino Review (yet), and the last tweet from El May is 'grrrrr'. Even CBM took down their 'article' about Mamoa. What is going on?

You know what's fascinating and puzzling? I don't know what's up with El May but a few hours ago, he announces that Jason Mamoa IS cast as Drax on twitter...and then radio silence. None of the film sites are reporting it, there's no article on Latino Review (yet), and the last tweet from El May is 'grrrrr'. Even CBM took down their 'article' about Mamoa. What is going on?

People aren't buying what he's selling anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"