Official Hype Super Bowl XLII party thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Immortalfire, Jan 21, 2008.

?

Who wins the big game?

1. [IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/30643/nyg_2.gif[/IMG]

2. [IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/30643/nwe.gif[/IMG]

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

Once again, I am your host for the Hype Super Bowl party! This thread also counts as the official Super Bowl thread (for anyone else considering making one) as it included a "who will win?" poll. So bring on the discussions and picks.

The two week party begins right here :word:

2. Morg Super Moderator

where's the beer?

3. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

If my fridge isn't stocked with what you like, you can BYOB..bring your own beverage.

4. Morg Super Moderator

*heads for the kitchen*

You do know by the time the party ends your place of resident will be trashed? :hehe:

5. Dedpool Registered

It feels like this early 21st century of Super Bowls has been nothing but the Patriot show.

Oh well, go Pats. :) :up:

6. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

Yup. But I know the spirit of brotherhood, there's no doubt that you, Hunter and DL will stick around to help me clean up. :yay:

7. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

To answer Kain from the other thread, the Packers were trying to run the ball but the Giant defense was just shutting them down.

And I really don't know why they didn't put an extra man on Burress. Oh well, went in the Giants favor. :up:

8. Morg Super Moderator

sure, sure ;)

9. The FallenAngel Semper Fi

Pats take it home this year!

10. kane9321 oakland's finest

take it home pats..cmon take it all the way

11. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

In regards to what Zen said in the NFL thread:

I tend to agree with you. People always say "Well the Packers or the Cowboys are the better team" or "The Colts should have played in the AFC championship as they were the better team than San Diego." I say that is a load of ****. That is why we have play-offs...The Giants beat the Cowboys and the Packers, the two best teams in the NFC. That makes them the best team in the NFC. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter if they lost to these teams during the regular season. They beat them when it matters, they are the better team.

12. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

As for the actual Super Bowl...I'll say this...the one thing worse than the Patriots are the Patriots when they are pissed off. The Patriots have been hearing for weeks now that if the onside kick went the other way, the Giants would've beat them and they could kiss their undefeated season goodbye. Darth Hoodie is going to use that to get his team fired up like no other. I wouldn't want to be in the Giants' shoes going into that game.

13. bell110 Drunk on Capitol Hill

Giants baby, Yeah!!

14. BlackLantern Registered

**** 'em all.....people have been discounting the Giants all season.....they picked Tampa Bay.....the Giants won....after losing 2 to dallas, people said the giants didnt have a chance....they won again.....all the "experts" said a team couldnt go into Lambeau, in the dead of winter, and beat Brett Favre.......AND THEY WON.....Id rather everyone think the Pats can win...it seems to have worked so far

15. The Game Registered

Is it ok for me to start the offical ''Let's All Laugh at Tiki Barber'' Thread

As for the game Patriots all the way

16. Arkady Rossovich Registered

I'll go with New York,many thought they would loose..but they won. It is possible for them to win.

17. BlackLantern Registered

hey arkady....just so you know....OMD is why I started buying Spider-Man again

18. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

In all honesty, you sound like a Chicago fan at this point last year :cwink: But comeon, you are talking as a fan. In all reality, there is no way to not pick the Patriots for this game. Could the Giants win? Sure. Will the Giants win? The odds are against them...big time, and I like to play the odds.

19. Showtime Your Friend In Time

I'm glad the NFL Thread was closed because I was done posting in there.

20. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Why's that?

21. BlackLantern Registered

i know....but when they beat Dallas and eliminated their division rival from the playoffs, I got pumped. part of me wouldnt have been mad if they lost to green bay, because I like brett favre....and at least they beat dallas...but to go to the super bowl its awesome.....in reality they are a long shot and I can only hope there is a little bit of magic left

22. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

I've never been a big Pats fan. I'd like to see the Giants do something to knock them off their pedestal and take the big game away from them. I'm an underdog kind of guy, I suppose. It'll be tough to do it, but they certainly are capable and absolutely anything can happen in the Super Bowl.

jag

23. Showtime Your Friend In Time

It's what this thread will most likely turn into..."I hate the Patriots because Belichick wears a hoodie." "I hate the Patriots because Tom Brady smiles." Which I never actually complain about, because it is somebodys opinion, which is fine. Problem is, when you try to talk about the Patriots or the NFL in an educated manner, alot of people are just like, "Patriots suck!" yet if you would say that about "their team" they would go off on a tangent about it. It is just hilarious to me.

This isn't directed at everybody of course, there are so many intelligent NFL posters in there.

Just an observation.

24. BlackLantern Registered

if you dont like the Patriots at least present a valid reason....and the whole "he cheated" excuse is old news. on the other hand if you dont like the Giants...make your case...and the "eli didnt want to go to Sd" has been beat to death....

25. Alex The Great Registered

:cmad::up:DA PATS!:cmad::up:

how bout dem Giants? :woot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.