Official Incredible Hulk comic thread.

Lord Blackbolt

Avenger
Reaction score
Issue 49 was frigging great. Finally saw the Hulk in his full greatness with his fight with Pratt. Hopefully all those pissers that were complaining they don't see Hulk will be happy. Can't wait for issue 50. Abomination is one of my favorite villians.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

My question is, even though the Hulk kills Pratt, is it the Hulk who pounded him into 70 some-odd pieces that were buried afterwards?

Gotta love it. The Hulk kills again.

I've been enjoying the current run, and i LOVED seeing the Hulk kick that S.O.B. Pratt's ass, but i was a little disappointed in the fact that the arc is done, but no answers were given. it's getting to be too much like the X-Files, what with all the surmounting mysteries.

That said; I'm looking forward to the new storyarc with the Abomination. Deodato's art looks spectacular in the preview.

Should be good! :hulk:

I read somewhere on another hulk board that exspectations are so lowered on the book that the issue will be called great just because we see the Hulk, and he does something. It was O.K., but the last eight months of books could've been condenced in three issues. Hopefully now that Jones has given the Hulk the ability to speak, we will see more of him, and he will be doing stuff, and talking!

I love the new take on the Hulk, I just wish they would answer some questions faster...

I can't believe Jones is going to string out this Ricky Myers arc even longer. AR:mad:GH! Find the little bastard already!

And I hope we're not supposed to believe that Pratt is dead--seventy-eight pieces notwithstanding. The guy's too detestable and irritating for Jones to leave him buried. Sigh. Well, bring on Emil Blonsky and Mike Deodato! But you can definitely lump me in with that "low expectations" group that Nivek mentioned.

Originally posted by geezo
I can't believe Jones is going to string out this Ricky Myers arc even longer. AR:mad:GH! Find the little bastard already!

And I hope we're not supposed to believe that Pratt is dead--seventy-eight pieces notwithstanding. The guy's too detestable and irritating for Jones to leave him buried. Sigh. Well, bring on Emil Blonsky and Mike Deodato! But you can definitely lump me in with that "low expectations" group that Nivek mentioned.

Is it me or has Deodato's art has changed drastically from the what he used to be years ago... He's actually become way better now than he was before...

I do miss the knock down drag out fight... hopefully they can do a full issue of that soon.

How about a return of th U-foes... i'd like that

Check out a preview of TIH #53, from The Pulse.

The art looks sick. Mike Deodato has really improved.

I like that the Hulk has had lots of hot women in lingerie lately.:)

Is this the actual cover to HULK #50? And is 'Incredible' gone from the title, too, to coincide with the movie? Either way, the cover kicks ass!

The Hulk is one of my favorite comic book characters' ever! I'm just getting back into the issues, becuase when Jenkins left, things get unstable, and that kinda drew me away. I picked a few issues during the current Bruce Jones' run, just to stay up what's goin' on with the Jade Giant, but issue #49 was good! I enjoyed it
and i plan on picking up the TPB to get the full lowdown on Agent Pratt. One question before i bounce, how did Pratt become a deformed version of the Hulk?

-:venom:BSM

I thought the Hulk cover was the one with the three faces all mushed together, you know? over at marvel.com they have a preview dotcomic...they're probably just doing two different covers...but I'm diggin on the one Hulkophile just posted...

P.S. I think we've seen the last of Agent Pratt, just like I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of Slater. But the whole Sandra/Ricky Myers storyline I think will continue for a very long time. So that's why there weren't that many answers...it's not over yet, baby!! In fact, I think the Abomination is just being brought in to help bring the Hulk in for that mysterious corporation....

HULK #50 tomorrow!! I can't freakin wait!

Who else is getting this?

Why the Hell does it cost $3.50?

I've been pretty tough on Bruce Jones so far, but I have to say that issue #50 was quite good. It was the first Jones-written Hulk that really felt like the Hulk to me. Deodato's art was excellent, as usual--dark, but still clear and enjoyable. This storyline looks promising, I think. It's always great to see the Abomination, and he'll definitely be out for blood this time. (Though I suspect it will be the Secret Conspiracy's blood before it's over.)

I do wonder how in hell an international celebrity-actress like Nadia could just vanish from her country and disappear into the desert without anyone finding her. Hopefully Jones will take this into account and explain things.

This could be a great storyline---I just hope we don't have to wait five issues before the Hulk shows up.

Ha ha! Banner's bangin the Abomination's missus! That's great! Anyway, I really liked this issue, and I'm lovin the art. Great start.

Originally posted by IFdude
Because it has 48 pages.

Later,

Kyle

Thanks.

I bought it today but I haven't had a chance to read it because I've been on the phone with tech support all day trying to figure out what's wrong with my internet service. I finally got back online at 11:00 pm but I'll just wait and read it tomorrow.

Anyway, I heard the Hulk doesn't even make an appearance. 48 pages and no Hulk?
I'm still looking forward to the issue but that kinda sucks!

I can't wait to pick up the issue, this is one of the most talked about issues ever! I'll be getting involved quite soon!:D

I do wonder how in hell an international celebrity-actress like Nadia could just vanish from her country and disappear into the desert without anyone finding her. Hopefully Jones will take this into account and explain things.

I wondered about the same thing. Maybe she's working with the secret organization, too? Since this is the first issue of the storyline, I think a lot will be revealed in the next couple of issues.

Anyway, I heard the Hulk doesn't even make an appearance. 48 pages and no Hulk?
I'm still looking forward to the issue but that kinda sucks!

How about a suped-up Banner using the Hulk's strength :hulk: , like in the last arc?

Originally posted by Hulkophile

How about a suped-up Banner using the Hulk's strength :hulk: , like in the last arc?

Yeah I read it this afternoon. I thought that was pretty cool!

I enjoyed issue 50 as well, although it was all too convienent that Nadia would be a scant several miles from where they were holding the Abomination! And did anyone else notice that Banner was just too reserved the whole issue? I mean, when she just got butt-naked in front of him, he was TOO cool, and just went with the flow! I think they were times that Bruce used the different personalites of the Hulk during this whole issue. In the begining, i think it was the Prof. Hulk-persona, up until the fight, it was good ol' Joe Fix-It, "And she's outta band-aids, too!" Classic Joe Fix-It! And you're right, Abomination is out for blood! How could Bruce not know it was Abomination's wifey, when he was the one that hooked the tape up to torture him with it? I don't know, but a good first part to a seemingly interesting story arc!

-:venom:BSM

Marvel's May solicits are up at Comics Continuum...

And here's May's preview of Hulk #54!. Looks like the whole "bald savage/zombie Hulk" story is featured (along with the Hulk's fight with Abomination), or it could be just another cool cover. ;)

Hulk could be my favorite comic right now. I love the story going on, and I love seeing nakie women.:) Nadia is a cutie. :o

Anyways, I like Jones's stories overall, but sometimes the dialouge seems like he is trying to be too intelligent instead of natural dialouge...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"