Official Indie Music Thread

So I'd like my ears to listen to different things...hopefully you guys have some suggestions :D

Here are some bands I like: Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Fleet Foxes, My Morning Jacket(Z), Bloc Party, Modest Mouse, The Raconteurs, The White Stripes, Foals, Interpol, The Black Keys, Beck, She Wants Revenge...among others. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance :)
Those are some good bands :up:

Mystery Jets album Twenty One is good if you like Hot Fuss era The Killers

For striped down blues ala White Stripes/Black Keys singing hobo
Seasick Steve is worth a listen. Steve also produced/engineered some songs for modest mouse too.

Friendly Fires are worth a listen too if you like the dancey side of franzs stuff.

Editors and White Lies are very like Interpol

You've got a lot of my favorites listed.

I'd suggest The National, The Flaming Lips, Arctic Monkeys, Band of Horses, and if you're into older stuff I'd throw in Joy Division and The Smiths.

Can't go wrong with The Smiths/Joy Divison :woot:

I've been getting into a alot of those old post punk bands from the late 70s to mid 80s that influnce the current indie bands lately too, bands like Bauhaus, Gang Of Four, The Fall, The Cure ect

Right now...I got a CD playlist....with some of the coolest bands I've heard lately.

Some of those included...

Belle & Sebastian
Meet me in St Louis
Animal Collective
American Football
Right Away, Great Captain!
Manchester Orchestra.

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far!

I've been listening to alot of Band of Horses, they got a very chill sound that I love, like something out of the 70's.

I've been listening to:
DCFC
Franz Ferdinand
The Fratellis
Artic Monkeys
Joy Division (one of the best)
Flaming Lips

Been digging Pete Doherty's solo album, although I wish the seemingly inevitable Libertines reunion would happen. The solo stuff isn't as memorable, although definitely enjoyable.

I dunno, "I Am The Rain" is pretty brilliant... but thinking about it, I can't actually remember the melody.

Last edited:
StrangeMusic Baby!!! Tech N9ne is my shiznit as well as Krizz Kaliko and Prozak. Ive been listenin to Prozak for 10 years now pretty much since he first started rapping

Any MewithoutYou fans out there?

[YT]ddEUh9w5Fvk&feature=related[/YT]

Jack Penate's new album is awesome. One of my favourite albums of the year so far.

Anyone heard the wild beasts new album two dancers. Its like a cross between Queen and The smiths.

Iron and Wine - 'Boy With a Coin'.

[YT]G_1Zz9ud83I&feature=fvst[/YT]

The Shins - "Caring is Creepy".

[YT]8hhxthxhwk0[/YT]

The Shins - 'Kissing The Lipless'
[YT]vgzxheGWmOs[/YT]

You downloaded from Internet right ? I kind prefer to wait and get it on a CD, CD's are much better.
Anybody here a Franz Ferdinand fan or Blur fan? (Even though there Britpop there still independent)

I'm a huge fan of Bloc Party. You Say Party We Say Die, Metric, Battles, Animal Collective and The Arctic Monkey are pretty good too.

I used to like Metric, but this new song they got on the radio gets on my nerves. I've seen Bloc Party twice live and they're really good. Recently, I've been listening to the genius of Sparklehorse, Dinosaur Jr. , Spoon, Pinback, Bon Iver, Tiny Vipers and Monsters of Folk :up:

Phoenix are really good there a french indie band really cool listen to the sone lisztomania or 1901 I really like them.

Who would you compare them with?

Oh, I'm stupid- I know who they are

I would kind of compare the voice too Death Cab for Cutie or Belle and Sebastian but instrumentaly like Los Campesinos.

I love the independant mucisians; their songs are so much less cliche than most of the mainstream stuff.

For example, Dala, one of my favorite bands EVER, have a song about driving to Winnipeg (which, apparently, some people do do, for whatever reason :p )

I love the independant mucisians; their songs are so much less cliche than most of the mainstream stuff.

For example, Dala, one of my favorite bands EVER, have a song about driving to Winnipeg (which, apparently, some people do do, for whatever reason :p )

I have haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"