Official Iron Man thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would totally kick Superboy Prime's ass. It would be one of the most glorious moments ever. And then afterwards he would have sex with Power Girl just to cap it off and be back in the Marvel Universe in time to kick Phalanx ass.

God. I have to stop, I'm just making myself sad that this isn't a reality. :(

Well shame on me,this week's Iron Man issue IS by Butch Guice.

I stand corrected Upset.

So is it issue 24 or 25 when Iron Man finally meets up with the new and improved Mandarin?

Posting my review:

Iron Man #23

Iron Man gets kicked out of SHIELD in this issue. Well, only temporarily. Apparently, Tony's headed for something of a nervous breakdown (he hasn't left his armor for about a week) and with all the feathers he's been ruffling lately by pursuing an investigation into the murder of Gadget, his increasingly unstable mental health provided the means to getting rid of him. At least so they thought.

Tony gets equipped with an ankle bracelet that's designed to cut him off from his Extremis powers, and without the resources of SHIELD at his disposal it looks as if he's hit something of a dead end.

My only problem with this issue is the explanation of why Tony needs to use the classic armor. He should just be able to slap on a slightly older model as opposed to going back to what is essentially a relic. Sure, he doesn't have Extremis, but its not as if he hasn't piloted his suits without it before. Meh.

Otherwise, a very good issue. Graviton dies, the Mandarin flexes a little muscle, Maya continues to be naive, and Norman Osborn makes a little cameo.

4/5

His relatively newer suits required a mental link up for proper operation, where most of his older older suits do the job just fine, without that holdback. And given that it seems the cuff would probably scramble all incoming/outgoing electronic signals, it would be necessary.

I just read the annual this morning. It made me late for work, but it was worth it. Really, really great. I loved the little crack about how SHIELD had gotten used to "hands-on" directors under Fury. Kudos to Gage for applying simple logic about Tony's celebrity, too. All too often in comics like these, it's lacking.

The plot was pretty good. I always love the noirish atmosphere of Madripoor. I found it funny that Huang mentioned Patch and claimed not to know who he was; apparently not even SHIELD can recognize Wolverine's one-of-a-kind haircut when he's "in disguise," which makes me wonder if Wolverine's eyepatch came from the same logic-defying disguise factory as Superman's glasses and Ollie Queen's designer suits. Anyway, it's about time someone took down Madame Hydra, and it was nice to see Tony forced to resort to other tricks besides Extremis and his armor.

I've seen Tolibao's work on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. He was a pretty good artist there, and he's a pretty good artist here. His style hasn't changed much at all. There are a few minor inconsistencies, but overall it's great. I wasn't a fan of Tyger Tiger's ridiculously tiny ensemble; it made sense for the SHIELD ladies and Madame Hydra, all of whom were in gowns or club attire or bikinis, but the leader of a guerilla resistance movement? Come on. Still, Tolibao's art itself was mostly very good.

Her thong represented the oppression that they all were fighting against.

We're supposed to. It's just so transparent and slimy, it annoys me. I'd prefer more stuff like the SHIELD agents in bikinis--nice eye candy and it makes sense. :)

I just look at and think to myself, "If I were a sniper, all that exposed skin would be a cakewalk."

I just read the annual this morning. It made me late for work, but it was worth it. Really, really great. I loved the little crack about how SHIELD had gotten used to "hands-on" directors under Fury. Kudos to Gage for applying simple logic about Tony's celebrity, too. All too often in comics like these, it's lacking.

The plot was pretty good. I always love the noirish atmosphere of Madripoor. I found it funny that Huang mentioned Patch and claimed not to know who he was; apparently not even SHIELD can recognize Wolverine's one-of-a-kind haircut when he's "in disguise," which makes me wonder if Wolverine's eyepatch came from the same logic-defying disguise factory as Superman's glasses and Ollie Queen's designer suits. Anyway, it's about time someone took down Madame Hydra, and it was nice to see Tony forced to resort to other tricks besides Extremis and his armor.

I've seen Tolibao's work on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. He was a pretty good artist there, and he's a pretty good artist here. His style hasn't changed much at all. There are a few minor inconsistencies, but overall it's great. I wasn't a fan of Tyger Tiger's ridiculously tiny ensemble; it made sense for the SHIELD ladies and Madame Hydra, all of whom were in gowns or club attire or bikinis, but the leader of a guerilla resistance movement? Come on. Still, Tolibao's art itself was mostly very good.

He did use Extremis to fight?

That underarmor thing? Extremis. x.x

He also used other things besides Extremis and his armor, which is all I said he did. :oldrazz:

Like Captain America training?

And his sexy?

I liked how they put him back in his normal role of being a man ****e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"